September 15, 2010

LARGE ALLIGATOR KILLED IN FLORIDA

Filed under: Animals — Scottie @ 16:10

These first 2 pictures were taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Thomas, Winter Haven, Florida.  The helicopter pilot and the game wardens on the ground were in communication via 2-way radios.
Here is a transcript of their conversation.
‘Air1, have you a visual on the gator, Over’
‘Approaching inlet now, Over’
‘Roger Air1’
‘Gator sighted. Looks like it has a small animal in its mouth….moving in, over’
‘Roger Air1’
‘Oh Crap it’s a Deer!’
‘Confirm Air1.. Did you say Deer?, Over’
‘Roger………a Deer in it’s mouth….looks like a full sized buck….that’s a big gator, boys.  We’re gonna need more men, Over’
‘Roger Air1…..can you give me a idea on size of animal, over’
‘Its a big one…..25 feet at least, please advise, gator is heading to inlet….do I pursue?, over’

That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth!
The deer was later found to be a mature Stag.
If you ski at the west end of the lake —- try not to fall overboard.

This alligator was found between Lakeland and Winter Haven Florida near the house of Anita and Charlie Rogers, who could hear the beast bellowing in the night.
Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations.
‘I didn’t believe it,’ Charles Rogers said, but after the alligator was killed, they realized the stories were, if anything, understated.
Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator.  Joe Goff, a 6’5″ tall game warden, shown below, walks past the 28-foot, 1-inch long alligator that he helped shoot and kill in the Rogers’ back yard.

1. http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gatordeer.asp

Hello Diana. Thanks for writing in and giving us this information. It was a pretty big gator, but as always it is great to know the true story. Hugs

Comment by Diana Pawelski — August 30, 2011 @ 13:07

• Snopes has been snoped and been found wanting. Their report may or may not be accurate. It normally depends on whether or not the story fits the Liberal Demorat agenda.

Comment by Scott Denison — March 28, 2016 @ 15:35

• Sorry heard this several times, always from someone with an ax to grind. I really don’t care, as I don’t use snopes. I use a different site. But thanks for the comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 28, 2016 @ 16:17

• Agree Scott. I read where they were in trouble for false info

Comment by Teresa Wehunt — March 29, 2016 @ 19:10

• Liberal Democrat Agenda… you mean like living in the real world and using things like facts.

Comment by Nelson Rose — July 7, 2016 @ 11:01

• Well said. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 7, 2016 @ 12:48

2. I am very very happy thay got that sucker.

Hello Jennie, please see Diana’s comment. She gave the link to more information on this gator. Hugs

Comment by jennie — August 30, 2011 @ 13:47

3. I wonder how old that gator was?

Hello George…I don’t think I would have stopped long enough to ask him…I would have been well out of hearing range before I touched ground. LOL Hugs

Comment by George Leask — May 11, 2012 @ 06:42

• 40 years old

Comment by gaterman — July 7, 2016 @ 07:52

• Thanks for the comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 7, 2016 @ 12:50

4. It’s a hoax. Check it out —> http://forteanzoology.blogspot.com/2009/06/another-alabama-alligator.html

Hello Buck. Thanks for the update. I get lots of stuff from emails. I hope you will write in more often. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Buck — September 8, 2012 @ 11:19

5. anything is possible but I don’t think that Gator was taken from lake Thomas. I use to live on Lake Thomas and never seen a gator over 6 foot. plus deer are rarely seen in that area

Hello Mark. You know the two posts I made on huge Gators are the ones most searched? With everything I have posted about, the gator picture and the shopping bags remain the most looked for. You could be right about it all. I got the picture and story from an email and have no idea of its truth. It seemed Ok,and the pictures were different and from some one I knew. But as your from that area I will go along with what you say. Hugs

Comment by Mark — September 26, 2012 @ 10:16

6. I dont see the need to kill the Gator relocation to the Florida Everglades or a wild life santuary would’ve been more appropriate. The Alligator was probably 70yrs old know human had been reportedly attack by the gator. It was senseless to shoot the gator.

Hello and welcome. I am not sure if we have the whole story, normally they are very careful about killing gators around here. However if they are a threat to people in some way they do destroy them. I have nothing against gators, but I do respect them. I stay out of their habitat and prefer they try to avoid mine. LOL…. best wises, hugs.

Comment by T. Dunbar — April 24, 2013 @ 15:53

• T. Dunbar I agree with you! That’s sad they killed the Gator. That gator could of lived a few more years! It didn’t hurt anyone, but the deer. Hey he has to eat! Deer are parr of the food chain. He’ll humans eat them too! Gators are scary indeed, but it shouldn’t have been killed. The Everglades would of been perfect for the old reptile!

Comment by Shany B. — March 13, 2016 @ 22:15

• I agree. 100%. There was no reason to kill the gator.

Comment by Amy — March 22, 2016 @ 00:23

• I have no answers… Sorry. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 22, 2016 @ 12:31

• I totally agree with you there how sad that is

Comment by mercedes — April 7, 2016 @ 00:57

• Wow, I totally agree with you. Never hurt anyone or apparently he was never seen before. If he made it to that length he had to be old, he earned to be relocated…Not death!

Comment by deanna blanchard — July 7, 2016 @ 22:21

7. Why didn’t someone call The Gator Boys to come and catch the alligator instead of them just shooting it? I wonder how old that alligator was?

Hello Dawn. I don’t know when the pictures were taken, or even really if the story with them is true. It was sent to me by email, and I posted it. I have no idea how old the gator was. Be well, thanks for writing. Hugs

Comment by Dawn — May 28, 2013 @ 16:16

8. That’s alot of bs, if u go to myfwc.com you can view largest gator in florida taken was 14′ 3 1/2″. taken in Orlando 2010.

Hope your enjoying my blog Catherine. Be well, have joy in your life, and best wishes. Hugs

Comment by catherine — June 18, 2013 @ 20:56

9. what a shame why kill him????

Hello Allen. I really don’t know. I posted this because it came to me from an elderly lady I knew. I have been told by several people it is a fake. I have no information on it, and I don’t know if the gator is real, if it was a hazard or if someone doctored the photo. I do not like killing just to kill. However in the area I live in we have to sometimes remove or kill a gator that becomes a threat to the local humans. Hugs

Comment by allen — August 14, 2013 @ 12:25

• don’t post unless you know it is true.

Comment by mckniffj — March 20, 2016 @ 19:21

• No you don’t get to take that with me, I checked it out on scopes and they said it was true. I don’t have to prove anything I post, just the reason why. You do what you like with your blog, I will do what I like with mine. Have a great life, and hugs.

Comment by Scottie — March 20, 2016 @ 19:35

10. that is some story, and I know it real, but ik it may have been hard but why didn’t they just put it in captivity I mean its the largest alligator ever an du shoot it I mean really btw im an animal person😀

Hello Lydia, I am also an animal person. The recent hunting season on gators is not something I support. Huge old gators killed for human sport. Not right. As to the story you are commenting on, there is a debate as it it is true, and I have no idea why humans kill for sport instead of a compound or zoo of some type. Hugs

Comment by Lydia Arrowood — August 28, 2013 @ 20:33

11. I first saw “Big George” (my father named him) in 2003 when I bought a house on Lake Thomas Fl. He looked to be about 12-13 feet long at that time. Nobody knows for sure how old they can get or how big. It is known that they grow about one and a half feet a year in the wild to 4 feet a year in captivity. This is because of diet. They are also cannibalistic. Big George pretty much cleaned out all the Muscovy Ducks, geese and other alligators on the lake before getting shot. I still never see any gators on the lake anymore. My point being In 2003 at 13 feet and growing a foot and a half a year, by 2010 he could have conceivably been 28 feet long. By 2005 and the years that followed I could easily see he was still growing. I was first told about him by a neighborhood kid and dismissed it as nonsense. After see him first hand I couldn’t believe my eyes. He looked like a dragon without wings. It has now been years since I’ve seen him or any other Alligator on the lake. based on the size and crunching the numbers on possible growth. It’s “Big George”. I believe it’s been about 4 years since my wife and I last saw him. So the time frame seems right. I stumbled across this article by accident this morning. Some people wouldn’t believe that a man could be 9 feet tall either but that has happened too. Lots of gators are over 14 feet long and are taken illegally because of the value of their hides and meat. They aren’t in the records books because they aren’t being reported. Most are pulled out of populated areas 6-8 footers) and shot or released into unpopulated poaching areas by Florida Fish and Game. Problems with story…KTBS is 3 NEWS SHREVEPORT, LA however what are they doing using their helicopters hunting gators in Shreveport LA with Fish and Game?

Hello Joe. Thank you very much for writing. I have taken a lot of flax for posting that story. I had no way to add anything to it, to prove it or disprove it. I am so glad to have someone who actually saw this wonderful force of nature. Hugs

Comment by Joe — June 6, 2014 @ 12:27

12. Until it eats one of your children , then you will sit upon your soap box and preach to those about killing some alligator, but you will be the first ones to say ” why didn’t the take that thing out sooner” if it killed one of your loved ones,
    Some people are never happy with the result of a kill, I think they are a problem, and need to be neutralized at some point, after all , we are at the top of the food chain. And i darn sure don’t want to be alligator food.

Comment by Robert — October 31, 2015 @ 16:23

• Robert, sad really sad. I have lived in Florida around gators since 1994. I have had them in my year, in my back yard, in my pond, under my car, and next to my golf cart. I have watched them walk right down the center of our little development’s street. I don’t even need to tell you that with care, with respect, you can get along quite well with out killing them, or the ones that need to be moved can be humanly caught and relocated. Sorry that you think we need to kill or be killed, but we are not that bad off yet. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2015 @ 17:18

• and how tf will it get to your children again? lol this aint no horror movie idiot LMAO!!!!!!!

Comment by Bradley V Primus — March 14, 2016 @ 10:10

• This was an old post. Suddenly it is getting all these attacks. I don’t know if it is true, I don’t care if it is true. I don’t know why they killed the gator or what threat it manifested. I have seen gators removed for being a threat and I have seen them left alone when they are not. I quite frankly am not interested in a further discussion on the this post. I will edit these last few comments to take out words that are offensive, but if I keep getting flack on the post from six years ago I will lock the comments on it. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 12:57

• They were here before us…we kill them and anything else we come in contact with…not that i celebrate animals harming anyone but why kill before necessary…

Comment by James Mann — March 17, 2016 @ 17:44

• I agree. Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 17, 2016 @ 17:54

13. Why kill it? Dumb if u ask me. Could have walked with dinosaurs for all we know. Lived that long. No we had to kill it. When it’s that big and mature. He lived That long without us messing with him. How long u think he could have kept living without us?

Comment by shaun — March 14, 2016 @ 01:24

14. Why kill such a historic animal what that @@@@@@ do? he just got a deer aint hurt nobody i thought yall admire the ecosystem

Comment by Bradley V Primus — March 14, 2016 @ 10:07

• I edited this to take out a word I found offencive. Other wise I have no more comment on this post. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 13:00

15. Any gator that size should never be killed he had lived a long time and man had no right to kill this beast.. he was in his habitat. . Should have just relocated him

Comment by ryan — March 14, 2016 @ 16:29

• Hello Ryan. I really don’t want to keep on about this post. Some say it is not even true. I agree we shouldn’t ever kill anything unless we need to. Ryan.. and any others who think I want these creatures killed… understand, I live in an area of them. I recently posted of watching out my bedroom window while a young one, three to four feet, walked down my yard. I did not go near him, and yes I saw many stupid people where I live go out looking for the gator walking around, but he went under my fence, and through the churchyard and to a nearby brook / creek and a nearby pond. Look I also have seen gators that had to be captured and some were killed during that as they were a threat to human life. I also try to stop the pouching of gators, which sadly does happen in our area, and we find the dumped remains. I am not in favor of killing unless it is to save life. I am not willing to condemn saving life nor will I congratulate taking it, the needs need to be balanced. If the post was true and the animal could have been taken to a place where he wouldn’t threaten the environment or human life, great, other wise he needed to be dealt with. This one post gets more comments than any other I have done. People miss the ones on boys being raped, my own stories of abuse and rape, and the thousands of other posts I have done. Yet rather than cry for me, or ask how they could help, I get constant flax on the gator. This post may not even be a real happening according to some who wrote where as my abuse was real. But let’s all mourn the gator. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 18:21

• It’s sad the priorities some people have. It’s easier for people to talk about a gator and voice an opinion than to speak about a person being raped or someone being abused. Especially when it’s family. People feel like it’s already a taboo action, so why discuss it. Sorry for all the attacks but you open yourself up on the web and there are a lot of questionable people out there just waiting to say something!

Comment by Mellissa Wingate — May 9, 2016 @ 18:55

• The attacks about that old post don’t bother me. You might want to know I was an abused child, emotionally, physically, and sexually. So I don’t understand your comment and your comments shift? Old gator post to sexual abuse is a big step….Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 19:13

• I am sorry Mellissa. I went to the post and read the comments and see how you went in the direction you did. I had not read that response in a long time and did not remember what I wrote there about abuse. Again, sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 20:14

16. Just kill it that’s the answer he was here fist but kill it now your a man WOW

Comment by Don — March 14, 2016 @ 20:59

17. Reblogged this on Fishing With Nolan.

Comment by Nolan Chamberlain — March 14, 2016 @ 21:39

• Thank you Nolan but I should warn you there are many people who take issue with the whole post. Be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 22:15

18. To begin with, the call letters for t.v. and radio stations in Florida begin with W not K, second i live about 60 miles from winter haven, and i’ve heard nothing of this, as for as i know gators in fl. Dont get much past 13.5-14 feet in length…sooooo i call B.S. Im sure some get bigger, but not 28’~ js

Comment by Gary Miller — March 15, 2016 @ 18:44

• I totally agree they don’t get that big even in captivity!!! I have friends that have gator farms and the called BS TOO.

Comment by Eric Bray — March 25, 2016 @ 12:48

• thank you for the comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2016 @ 13:27

19. Looking at the way the gator is, you can tell they took the photo in a way to make it look bigger. No doubt this was probably be a pretty big gator

Comment by Keri — March 15, 2016 @ 19:09

20. Pretty shitty they killed him. People suck.

Comment by Tammy — March 16, 2016 @ 06:49

21. Recently sAW A VIDEO OF A GATOR SWIMMING WITH A LARGE DOG IN ITS MOUTH. tHE DOG WAS WEARING A RED COLLAR. i’M SURE THE DOGS OWNERS WERE HEARTBROKEN TO LOSE THEIR COMPANION. WHEN GATORS GET THAT BIG, THEY NEED TO BE RELOCATED OR PUT DOWN.

Comment by Antoinette Mendick — March 16, 2016 @ 07:20

22. Why would they kill him/her? I don’t se the need to kill him/her.

Comment by Ali — March 17, 2016 @ 21:05

23. all these cryers and whiner on here saying it was wrong to kill the gator. really? an animal that size is a threat to humans and pets and,yes, it could very easily get ahold of a child. children and pets are curious and while a pet may just be curious about a strange bubble or ripple on the water surface and get too close, children who are told to stay away from the water’s edge will go just to see what the big deal is, if they don’t see anything threatening, it gets dismissed. gators can and do lie motionless for hours waiting for anything to eat to get close enough and they can run extremely fast out of water for short spurts. so, yeah, children could very easily become prey for a large gator. makes me wonder how many pets have gone missing and no one thought it may be a gator.

Comment by maxie — March 19, 2016 @ 08:22

24. What did it do to have to be captured and killed except for being large?

Comment by Sue Woodruff — March 20, 2016 @ 13:43

• Sue I am not sure of anything on this story. I know it is on scope. I am not sure where else it maybe posted. I got the post in an email and simply posted it as an interesting story. Thanks for your interest. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 20, 2016 @ 13:56

25. I don’t understand why the gator had to be shot.

Comment by Julie — March 20, 2016 @ 19:24

26. Wow that’s huge

Comment by Sheila walker — March 21, 2016 @ 06:57

27. Why did it have to be killed?

Comment by Jessika — March 21, 2016 @ 22:44

• I am sorry, I know nothing of the details of this story. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 22, 2016 @ 12:32

28. Photo shopped why it’s the tail dragging the ground?

Comment by jj — March 22, 2016 @ 01:28

29. Holy shit!

Comment by Mona Grevo — March 22, 2016 @ 13:25

• Hello. While I never found shit to be holy.. OK.. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 22, 2016 @ 13:31

30. That’s so messed up , they shouldn’t have killed it , they should have caught it and move it somewhere where it could have done some good.

Comment by Terry — March 22, 2016 @ 23:11

31. Fake report
    Gators don’t get 28 ft…( 15 ft is a monster and very seldom ever seen and they are usually in Louisania)… Crocodiles seldom get over 20 ft but seldom over 22ft.
    The dead give away was when they said full grown “STAG”. ….. We don’t have stags in Florida
    BUCK make whitetail deer
    Stags are a different breed
    Story was good though

Comment by Chuck Raymond — March 23, 2016 @ 17:03

• Hello and thank you. I have kind of given up trying to answer comments on this post. I have tried to explain where I got it, how I looked it up, my view on it, but no one wants to hear it, they just want to yell at me, for everyone that claims it is true others claim it is false, then there are the many many who write there was no reason to kill it and they get answered by the ones who say it should have been killed. Me I posted this over 6 years ago and I am a bit tired of the controversy. I wonder why people wont look at the new stuff I posted? Why not comment on that. Tell me if they think I am right or wrong or that they simply like it? It makes me feel bad that the thing every one is interested in is a post from 6 years ago…. while I do posts every day. It makes it seem that the posts I do now mean nothing. Be well, thanks for commenting and hugs.

Comment by Scottie — March 23, 2016 @ 17:42

32. How old was it? Wonder how long it had to grow that big.

Comment by Julie — March 23, 2016 @ 22:09

• Not sure, I know nothing about it at all. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 24, 2016 @ 11:14

33. Were is swamp people Troy were are you
    Post in the Pierre Part,Louisiana news paper
    For Troy to see what we have down south

Comment by Graciela Hernandez — March 25, 2016 @ 09:37

34. Do folks ever get tired of making this stuff up? That photo is at least 10 years old, the gator 13 feet and the deer looks to be a average size doe. Stag? Stags are in Europe or South America, not Florida. Also the gator in the water is not the same one hanging. That one is another 13 footer that was killed by a game warden in Texas.

Comment by Dmick — March 28, 2016 @ 12:07

• Thank you for the information, no sadly people love to make stuff up, exaggerate, and do anything to get attention and make themselves important. Be well Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 28, 2016 @ 12:31

35. There was no point in killing this animal because it was huge. Its like killing humans because they are obese!!!!!!”

Comment by john — March 30, 2016 @ 07:48

36. I think they should have put him in a cage to be awed over..or had one heck of a meal which ever came first…

Comment by Sam — March 30, 2016 @ 08:29

37. Why kill the gator? Why not relocate it? You live near water in florida. . Duh probably gonna have a gator nearby. .

Comment by Lindalawrence — March 30, 2016 @ 13:31

38. And what harm was it causing you? ASSHOLES

Comment by Jew boy — March 30, 2016 @ 13:38

• OK I ask that we stop the name calling or I will stop approving the comments. Your point can be made very well with out the last word! Thank you.

Comment by Scottie — March 30, 2016 @ 14:43

39. I’m NOT happy they killed this deer eating native. It’s dangerous..YES.. make the people move…this strong huge male was needed to reproduce in our ecosystem.
    BADDDDDD that he was murdered.
    Shameful to learn this.

Comment by Jeanne Emerick — March 30, 2016 @ 18:05

40. Being in Fl wouldn’t the KTBS helicopter media outlet begin with a W? Where is any part of the the gators shadow in the photos?

Comment by Dan — March 30, 2016 @ 18:38

• Dan I can’t answer that. I keep telling everyone I was sent this as an email. I have no other information on it. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 30, 2016 @ 18:44

• Just because someone sends you an email, doesn’t mean you should post it. Check your facts.

Comment by Susan — April 6, 2016 @ 18:23

• I have answered that question three times. I did check it and it proved true on the site I used. Thanks for the reprimand, I needed it to make my day happier. Should I consult you for everything I post also? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 8, 2016 @ 14:52

41. You cannot relocate a gator of this size – for many reasons. That is why they harvest it. This is a huge risk to humans…

Comment by Brad Polhemus — April 4, 2016 @ 16:21

42. If you witnessed how this gator killed this deer – you would understand why anything large near the water is at risk. So you want to live in Florida with a runoff pond in your neighborhood huh? They are have em’.

Comment by Brad Polhemus — April 4, 2016 @ 16:23

43. Its sad that the answer was to kill the alligator. I’m sorry it couldn’t live. It’s almost like the alligator earned the right to live. I understand why it was killed but…it’s still sad!

Comment by TH — April 4, 2016 @ 21:58

44. I’m not a fan of alligators but they couldn’t use a tranquilizer an took him some where I think that’s wrong we build our houses around their habitat and then we want to kill him I think it’s fucked up

Comment by Jayscar — April 6, 2016 @ 09:08

45. Seems it has been bettered! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35974648

Comment by John H Scadden — April 6, 2016 @ 09:55

46. This did not happen in Winter Haven, FL. Or anywhere in Florida. KTBS is a Louisiana station. The alligator may be real and maybe it was shot with a deer in its mouth but a KTBS helicopter does not exist in Winter Haven.

Comment by Susan — April 6, 2016 @ 18:20

47. don’t you think they could have let this incredible animal live in captivity being that it is one of the largest I’ve ever seen

Comment by mercedes huffmaster — April 7, 2016 @ 00:55

48. I’m thinking the head on this Gator is far too large for its body size… I may be a skeptic but I believe this to be fake

Comment by Janine — April 11, 2016 @ 13:07

49. Why did YOU ALL KILL it for. Shit that was REAL OLD Gator had many more yrs. To live. Hell that’s all Ever one now days want to do JUST Kill ever fuck N thing.😦 😦 Shit

Comment by Randall Terry — April 20, 2016 @ 09:37

50. I hope it Mom or Dads EATS your Ass!!!!!!

Comment by Randall Terry — April 20, 2016 @ 09:40

51. Why kill the gator? Why not remove it to some wild life gator refuge? I don’t like gators much, but it just seems inhumane to kill something for doing what they do.

Comment by Sky Wilson — May 9, 2016 @ 06:54

• Hello Sky, please read through the comments. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 11:50

52. Looked at the pic again. Don’t know true or not but I know the question is out there. Do you see the shadow of the man? Where is the shadow or even a portion of the gator shadow?

Comment by Mellissa Wingate — May 9, 2016 @ 18:59

• Hello Mellissa. Welcome. I am sorry but I have not looked at that post in years. I have moved on from it. The very funny thing was those photos and that post sat there hardly even getting a glance until someone put my post on their Facebook page. That was recently. The page took off and I got lots of hits, and lots of trolls and lots of anger and lots of people with an opinion of their own. So I wrote in the comment section that I welcome anyone but that I wouldn’t be dealing with it anymore. Yes I could have just deleted it, but I don’t mind people coming and looking, and even commenting, I just don’t want to use my time dealing with it. Why do I feel this way? Well because I write a lot of posts, some very personal, many different subjects and people are involved. Yet the people all upset or those who want to argue about the gator post don’t care about any other subject or post. So that means they are not reading my blog, nor to they care about the things I write. If I have miss judged you I regret it, but again you have shown your focus on one long ago post, not on anything else in my blog. Be well and happy, and no I did not go look at the photo, I really don’t care. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 19:06

53. That’s great! I’ve been checking out this Gator for the last few years just to allude me at every chance to catch. I have had Polk county tags for the Last 2 years. And to see that Polk county actually killed the Hugh gator is not fare for us that chech out these places bigger gators hang out all year long just to wait for another chance to try for a Trophy gator. Why was the gator killed out of season is my question? Season shouldn’t be open to law enforcement just because it was feeding on a deer. Or as a Stag as you called it lol . Why don’t you set up and shoot all the coyote that stalk newborn or fawns in the woods. Oh that wouldn’t be right though. Let’s not forget about the wild hogs that are also carnivores that kill deer and the Bobcats. I’m disgusted with the approach that Polk county not only made but harvested the gator out of season. If I was to harvest one out of season I’d be fined and possibly put in jail. This was I’m sure a female that has had plenty of offspring that hopefully grow to her size , might I add it would take maybe up to 30-50 years to reach that size! Rant over. I’m disgusted with whom ever killed the animal and hope he felt like a real f/n hero for taking the opportunity from some deserving tag / lottery holding tax paying Gator hunter!

Comment by Bobby walker — July 7, 2016 @ 20:08

• Hello Bobby, I know nothing of the story other than was presented, and I know only what is in the comments. So people say it is a tale from Georgia.

Comment by Scottie — July 8, 2016 @ 11:40

54. […] LARGE ALLIGATOR KILLED IN FLORIDA […]

Pingback by How To Make A Large Toy Box | D.I.Y Woodworking Plans — July 23, 2016 @ 17:43