September 15, 2010

LARGE ALLIGATOR KILLED IN FLORIDA

Filed under: Animals — Scottie @ 16:10

These first 2 pictures were taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Thomas, Winter Haven, Florida.  The helicopter pilot and the game wardens on the ground were in communication via 2-way radios.
Here is a transcript of their conversation.
‘Air1, have you a visual on the gator, Over’
‘Approaching inlet now, Over’
‘Roger Air1’
‘Gator sighted. Looks like it has a small animal in its mouth….moving in, over’
‘Roger Air1’
‘Oh Crap it’s a Deer!’
‘Confirm Air1.. Did you say Deer?, Over’
‘Roger………a Deer in it’s mouth….looks like a full sized buck….that’s a big gator, boys.  We’re gonna need more men, Over’
‘Roger Air1…..can you give me a idea on size of animal, over’
‘Its a big one…..25 feet at least, please advise, gator is heading to inlet….do I pursue?, over’

That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth!
The deer was later found to be a mature Stag.
If you ski at the west end of the lake —- try not to fall overboard.

This alligator was found between Lakeland and Winter Haven Florida near the house of Anita and Charlie Rogers, who could hear the beast bellowing in the night.
Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations.
‘I didn’t believe it,’ Charles Rogers said, but after the alligator was killed, they realized the stories were, if anything, understated.
Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator.  Joe Goff, a 6’5″ tall game warden, shown below, walks past the 28-foot, 1-inch long alligator that he helped shoot and kill in the Rogers’ back yard.

1. http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gatordeer.asp

Hello Diana. Thanks for writing in and giving us this information. It was a pretty big gator, but as always it is great to know the true story. Hugs

Comment by Diana Pawelski — August 30, 2011 @ 13:07

• Snopes has been snoped and been found wanting. Their report may or may not be accurate. It normally depends on whether or not the story fits the Liberal Demorat agenda.

Comment by Scott Denison — March 28, 2016 @ 15:35

• Sorry heard this several times, always from someone with an ax to grind. I really don’t care, as I don’t use snopes. I use a different site. But thanks for the comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 28, 2016 @ 16:17

• Agree Scott. I read where they were in trouble for false info

Comment by Teresa Wehunt — March 29, 2016 @ 19:10

• Liberal Democrat Agenda… you mean like living in the real world and using things like facts.

Comment by Nelson Rose — July 7, 2016 @ 11:01

• Well said. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 7, 2016 @ 12:48

• Living in the real world and using facts don’t normally go hand in hand with the liberal agenda.

Comment by Jeff — April 12, 2017 @ 20:24

• Troll much Jeff. You do realize I beleive that this is a blog run by a very left liberal. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 12, 2017 @ 20:26

• Then Scott you just proven how a liberal site like this lies. The second picture was taken in the lowcountry of South Carolina. A little town called Moncks Corner. So thanks for exposing the hypocrisy. hahaha

Comment by Rob — April 13, 2017 @ 18:02

• Hello Rob, the joke must be on you. I have written before in the comments that the truth of the story, the place and detail could be wrong. IF you read the comments there are a few people who claim to have known it happened in their town or this or that place. You will also notice some say it is a fake, others the truth. So say the gator couldn’t be, while others swear to it. There is no lie here. Also if this is the greatest example of Liberal blogging lies… Yahoo Great. We are doing great if this is the worst we do, I will take that as a compliment , thanks. Have a great one Rob. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 13, 2017 @ 18:55

• However, if reported by a republican no snopes needed. Everyone knows it’s an alternative fact and pointing out the lie will result in misspelled expletives, lack of sentence structure and retorts of “snowflake” & “libtard” from those with low brain capacity.

Comment by F trump — April 13, 2017 @ 21:14

• 🙂 OK this was funny. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 13, 2017 @ 21:30

• spoken like a true wingnut

Comment by fu — April 15, 2017 @ 00:12

• Snipes cirws all it’s sources and does not have a liberal slant because they have debunked rumors against Bush and Trump as well as Obama and the Clinton’s. Those who tried to discredit them with unfounded allegations of liberal bias have been unmasked,mthey disliked fact checkers in general because they disliked facts, preferring alt truths, which literally means lies.

Comment by Janet — April 15, 2017 @ 00:59

• Why do these asses have to Bring politics into this.

Comment by Deb — April 15, 2017 @ 17:47

• Agreed. I have no ideas. Maybe they are lonely and can’t get a date. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 15, 2017 @ 18:04

• The ‘Liberal Domorat [sic] agenda? You’re okay. Yes, that’s sarcasm.

Comment by marylamb — April 15, 2017 @ 21:45

• 🙂 Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 15, 2017 @ 21:52

• Spoken like a true Republiturd. 💩

Comment by Cheryl — April 17, 2017 @ 11:38

• The “real world”? You mean the one where Bill Clinton’s obscene treatment of woman is totally acceptable, but vulgar comments by a non-Liberal are condemned? Where butchering living babies is considered a “right”? Where teaching Islam in Public School is acceptable but teaching Christianity or Judaism is not? Where mention of any allegation of wrong doing by Democrats against Trump is followed by saying “There is no proof”, but allegations of collusion with Russia to “fix” the election, have no disclaimer? where the very lack of proof is the reason for the investigation? Now I ask you, is this logical? Or, is it political?

Comment by Tom Fenner — April 18, 2017 @ 09:36

• Oh Tom, Tom, Tom…. feel better? Want a xanax? Dear you couldn’t have hit farther from the truth of things if you had really tired too. I do give you credit, a little practice and you could be a low level troll. So to answer your question, No you are not logical, and yes you are very political. You mom will be so proud of your avid Fox News watching. She knows would not sully your self to listen to anything that was not from the propaganda part of the republican party. I was laughing at how you reversed everything 180 to try to make the Republicans seem like the victims those little sensitive snowflakes like to pretend they are. Do see your doctor Tom, he can help you get your head out of your ass. Do be safe now, use knee protection when kneeling for long periods in praise of those holy republicans taking everything away from you while you brag at how smart you are. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 18, 2017 @ 11:07

• Hahahaha are you in one of those weed friendly states? Put that stuff down. The paranoia will fade and reality will come back into focus. SMH

Comment by Katherine James — April 19, 2017 @ 00:31

• I ‘miss neither liberal nor user conservative. I use Snopes, why? Because it a a easy to use accurate fact checking site. When I first heard the negative reports I checked them out my self. I found two things they posted that were inaccurate, and those items contained corrections. For a long time after I checked with several other sites along with Snopes, but since they all seem to agree with the facts in hand I went back to Snopes. False negative press on the successful usually comes from sour grapes.

Comment by SC — April 21, 2017 @ 10:56

• Agreed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 21, 2017 @ 12:42

• fuck snopes they are garbage.

Comment by Bob the builder — April 21, 2017 @ 23:29

• Bob, Oh Bob. Please remember friction causes surface burns and sex with a whole corporation would cause great pain. Make sure to use lots of lube and to use ice after. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 22, 2017 @ 09:39

• You are an ass. Liberal democrats have nothing to do with stupid internet stories about alligators. You trolls are a trip. Anything you don’t like, it’s the democrats. Thank God that are REAL republicans that actually have brains.

Comment by JJ — April 24, 2017 @ 18:34

• I don’t know about Snopes, but the pic of the hanging gator is a fake. A very bad fake. Unless giant gators don’t cast shadows. Lots more wrong with it.

Comment by Big Beard — April 17, 2017 @ 22:44

• Re the shadow, if you look you can see the shadow of the yellow strap heading off to the left. The gator’s hanging off the ground and if you look where the strap shadow and the officer’s shadow fall it looks like the gator’s would be out of frame.

Comment by Scott — April 21, 2017 @ 21:11

2. I am very very happy thay got that sucker.

Hello Jennie, please see Diana’s comment. She gave the link to more information on this gator. Hugs

Comment by jennie — August 30, 2011 @ 13:47

• Your just wrong.

Comment by Dawn sapp — April 14, 2017 @ 17:29

• Well someone is so sure of her facts… Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 18:11

• @Dawn sapp
        I’m supposing that you meant to use the word – you’re – not your.

Comment by marylamb — April 15, 2017 @ 21:50

3. I wonder how old that gator was?

Hello George…I don’t think I would have stopped long enough to ask him…I would have been well out of hearing range before I touched ground. LOL Hugs

Comment by George Leask — May 11, 2012 @ 06:42

4. It’s a hoax. Check it out —> http://forteanzoology.blogspot.com/2009/06/another-alabama-alligator.html

Hello Buck. Thanks for the update. I get lots of stuff from emails. I hope you will write in more often. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Buck — September 8, 2012 @ 11:19

5. anything is possible but I don’t think that Gator was taken from lake Thomas. I use to live on Lake Thomas and never seen a gator over 6 foot. plus deer are rarely seen in that area

Hello Mark. You know the two posts I made on huge Gators are the ones most searched? With everything I have posted about, the gator picture and the shopping bags remain the most looked for. You could be right about it all. I got the picture and story from an email and have no idea of its truth. It seemed Ok,and the pictures were different and from some one I knew. But as your from that area I will go along with what you say. Hugs

Comment by Mark — September 26, 2012 @ 10:16

• If you go along with what he says is there a reason that this post is still up? Other thanvthr attention still being drawn to your website by it?

As a biologist (herpetologist specifically with years of experience with both wild and captive crocodylians) I can tell you for certain that this is a falsified story. Were it anywhere near real ( say 16 ft) I would have heard about it. This is an impressive, above average bull Alligator sitting at a bit over 13 ft.

Comment by Jay — April 13, 2017 @ 19:19

• Hello Jay. I leave it up for a couple reasons. First if you read the comments many people not only say it is real, but they claim it happened in their town or their relative, their friend. Second some attacked Snopes and some defended Snopes on the post. Another reason is I truly don’t care about the story, true or not. I was interest at first, but years have gone by now. I leave it up because it lets people air their opinion, letting the rest of us see their thinking. Mostly why it is still up is I am far to interested in other things, and far too disinterested in the gator story to do more than answer comments. IF it gets to be a problem it is gone. You are correct it does bring a lot of traffic, and I hope those people do read other posts which I do care about. Have a great one Jay. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 13, 2017 @ 19:26

• My site is based on nothing but the truth because I am a liberal and very virtuous otherwise I wouldn’t be a liberal. All Republicans are liars. I have a post that I know is untrue but I keep it for clickbait to draw traffic. Please don’t challenge my hypocrisy because I am a liberal, therefore I am more virtuous than any Republican. The definition of liberal logic.

Comment by Luna — April 14, 2017 @ 12:32

• Wow, not even sure where that came from Luna. But OK, be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 13:33

6. I dont see the need to kill the Gator relocation to the Florida Everglades or a wild life santuary would’ve been more appropriate. The Alligator was probably 70yrs old know human had been reportedly attack by the gator. It was senseless to shoot the gator.

Hello and welcome. I am not sure if we have the whole story, normally they are very careful about killing gators around here. However if they are a threat to people in some way they do destroy them. I have nothing against gators, but I do respect them. I stay out of their habitat and prefer they try to avoid mine. LOL…. best wises, hugs.

Comment by T. Dunbar — April 24, 2013 @ 15:53

• T. Dunbar I agree with you! That’s sad they killed the Gator. That gator could of lived a few more years! It didn’t hurt anyone, but the deer. Hey he has to eat! Deer are parr of the food chain. He’ll humans eat them too! Gators are scary indeed, but it shouldn’t have been killed. The Everglades would of been perfect for the old reptile!

Comment by Shany B. — March 13, 2016 @ 22:15

• I agree. 100%. There was no reason to kill the gator.

Comment by Amy — March 22, 2016 @ 00:23

• I have no answers… Sorry. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 22, 2016 @ 12:31

• I totally agree with you there how sad that is

Comment by mercedes — April 7, 2016 @ 00:57

• Wow, I totally agree with you. Never hurt anyone or apparently he was never seen before. If he made it to that length he had to be old, he earned to be relocated…Not death!

Comment by deanna blanchard — July 7, 2016 @ 22:21

• 28 ft. seems like that’s in the big salty croc range, maybe even larger than them… but also take into account that florida deer are 1/2 the size of normal deer from up north… I have lived here for 36 yrs. and every record gator killed has been a 15+ ft. but never over 16 ft.

Comment by Glenn Hester — April 14, 2017 @ 18:42

• Hello Glenn. I think you will find in the comments are many people who agree with you. Some people say it is fake, some say it happened else where, some say it happened to their relatives. So unknown right now. Your guess is better than mine. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 18:47

7. Why didn’t someone call The Gator Boys to come and catch the alligator instead of them just shooting it? I wonder how old that alligator was?

Hello Dawn. I don’t know when the pictures were taken, or even really if the story with them is true. It was sent to me by email, and I posted it. I have no idea how old the gator was. Be well, thanks for writing. Hugs

Comment by Dawn — May 28, 2013 @ 16:16

8. That’s alot of bs, if u go to myfwc.com you can view largest gator in florida taken was 14′ 3 1/2″. taken in Orlando 2010.

Hope your enjoying my blog Catherine. Be well, have joy in your life, and best wishes. Hugs

Comment by catherine — June 18, 2013 @ 20:56

9. what a shame why kill him????

Hello Allen. I really don’t know. I posted this because it came to me from an elderly lady I knew. I have been told by several people it is a fake. I have no information on it, and I don’t know if the gator is real, if it was a hazard or if someone doctored the photo. I do not like killing just to kill. However in the area I live in we have to sometimes remove or kill a gator that becomes a threat to the local humans. Hugs

Comment by allen — August 14, 2013 @ 12:25

• don’t post unless you know it is true.

Comment by mckniffj — March 20, 2016 @ 19:21

• No you don’t get to take that with me, I checked it out on scopes and they said it was true. I don’t have to prove anything I post, just the reason why. You do what you like with your blog, I will do what I like with mine. Have a great life, and hugs.

Comment by Scottie — March 20, 2016 @ 19:35

10. that is some story, and I know it real, but ik it may have been hard but why didn’t they just put it in captivity I mean its the largest alligator ever an du shoot it I mean really btw im an animal person 😀

Hello Lydia, I am also an animal person. The recent hunting season on gators is not something I support. Huge old gators killed for human sport. Not right. As to the story you are commenting on, there is a debate as it it is true, and I have no idea why humans kill for sport instead of a compound or zoo of some type. Hugs

Comment by Lydia Arrowood — August 28, 2013 @ 20:33

11. I first saw “Big George” (my father named him) in 2003 when I bought a house on Lake Thomas Fl. He looked to be about 12-13 feet long at that time. Nobody knows for sure how old they can get or how big. It is known that they grow about one and a half feet a year in the wild to 4 feet a year in captivity. This is because of diet. They are also cannibalistic. Big George pretty much cleaned out all the Muscovy Ducks, geese and other alligators on the lake before getting shot. I still never see any gators on the lake anymore. My point being In 2003 at 13 feet and growing a foot and a half a year, by 2010 he could have conceivably been 28 feet long. By 2005 and the years that followed I could easily see he was still growing. I was first told about him by a neighborhood kid and dismissed it as nonsense. After see him first hand I couldn’t believe my eyes. He looked like a dragon without wings. It has now been years since I’ve seen him or any other Alligator on the lake. based on the size and crunching the numbers on possible growth. It’s “Big George”. I believe it’s been about 4 years since my wife and I last saw him. So the time frame seems right. I stumbled across this article by accident this morning. Some people wouldn’t believe that a man could be 9 feet tall either but that has happened too. Lots of gators are over 14 feet long and are taken illegally because of the value of their hides and meat. They aren’t in the records books because they aren’t being reported. Most are pulled out of populated areas 6-8 footers) and shot or released into unpopulated poaching areas by Florida Fish and Game. Problems with story…KTBS is 3 NEWS SHREVEPORT, LA however what are they doing using their helicopters hunting gators in Shreveport LA with Fish and Game?

Hello Joe. Thank you very much for writing. I have taken a lot of flax for posting that story. I had no way to add anything to it, to prove it or disprove it. I am so glad to have someone who actually saw this wonderful force of nature. Hugs

Comment by Joe — June 6, 2014 @ 12:27

• No way an american alligator grew to 28 feet… secondly when this picture camr out 4 years ago,tge gator was not even in florida… it is not a saltwater Crocodile…. salties are the biggest on the planet, and they rarely get ove 20 feet…. bullshit story….

Comment by Bugs bunny — April 10, 2017 @ 09:44

• Hello Bugs. Did you read the other comments? It might have kept you from writing what was already said several times. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 10, 2017 @ 11:54

12. Until it eats one of your children , then you will sit upon your soap box and preach to those about killing some alligator, but you will be the first ones to say ” why didn’t the take that thing out sooner” if it killed one of your loved ones,
    Some people are never happy with the result of a kill, I think they are a problem, and need to be neutralized at some point, after all , we are at the top of the food chain. And i darn sure don’t want to be alligator food.

Comment by Robert — October 31, 2015 @ 16:23

• Robert, sad really sad. I have lived in Florida around gators since 1994. I have had them in my year, in my back yard, in my pond, under my car, and next to my golf cart. I have watched them walk right down the center of our little development’s street. I don’t even need to tell you that with care, with respect, you can get along quite well with out killing them, or the ones that need to be moved can be humanly caught and relocated. Sorry that you think we need to kill or be killed, but we are not that bad off yet. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 31, 2015 @ 17:18

• and how tf will it get to your children again? lol this aint no horror movie idiot LMAO!!!!!!!

Comment by Bradley V Primus — March 14, 2016 @ 10:10

• This was an old post. Suddenly it is getting all these attacks. I don’t know if it is true, I don’t care if it is true. I don’t know why they killed the gator or what threat it manifested. I have seen gators removed for being a threat and I have seen them left alone when they are not. I quite frankly am not interested in a further discussion on the this post. I will edit these last few comments to take out words that are offensive, but if I keep getting flack on the post from six years ago I will lock the comments on it. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 12:57

• They were here before us…we kill them and anything else we come in contact with…not that i celebrate animals harming anyone but why kill before necessary…

Comment by James Mann — March 17, 2016 @ 17:44

13. Why kill it? Dumb if u ask me. Could have walked with dinosaurs for all we know. Lived that long. No we had to kill it. When it’s that big and mature. He lived That long without us messing with him. How long u think he could have kept living without us?

Comment by shaun — March 14, 2016 @ 01:24

14. Why kill such a historic animal what that @@@@@@ do? he just got a deer aint hurt nobody i thought yall admire the ecosystem

Comment by Bradley V Primus — March 14, 2016 @ 10:07

• I edited this to take out a word I found offencive. Other wise I have no more comment on this post. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 13:00

15. Any gator that size should never be killed he had lived a long time and man had no right to kill this beast.. he was in his habitat. . Should have just relocated him

Comment by ryan — March 14, 2016 @ 16:29

• Hello Ryan. I really don’t want to keep on about this post. Some say it is not even true. I agree we shouldn’t ever kill anything unless we need to. Ryan.. and any others who think I want these creatures killed… understand, I live in an area of them. I recently posted of watching out my bedroom window while a young one, three to four feet, walked down my yard. I did not go near him, and yes I saw many stupid people where I live go out looking for the gator walking around, but he went under my fence, and through the churchyard and to a nearby brook / creek and a nearby pond. Look I also have seen gators that had to be captured and some were killed during that as they were a threat to human life. I also try to stop the pouching of gators, which sadly does happen in our area, and we find the dumped remains. I am not in favor of killing unless it is to save life. I am not willing to condemn saving life nor will I congratulate taking it, the needs need to be balanced. If the post was true and the animal could have been taken to a place where he wouldn’t threaten the environment or human life, great, other wise he needed to be dealt with. This one post gets more comments than any other I have done. People miss the ones on boys being raped, my own stories of abuse and rape, and the thousands of other posts I have done. Yet rather than cry for me, or ask how they could help, I get constant flax on the gator. This post may not even be a real happening according to some who wrote where as my abuse was real. But let’s all mourn the gator. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 18:21

• It’s sad the priorities some people have. It’s easier for people to talk about a gator and voice an opinion than to speak about a person being raped or someone being abused. Especially when it’s family. People feel like it’s already a taboo action, so why discuss it. Sorry for all the attacks but you open yourself up on the web and there are a lot of questionable people out there just waiting to say something!

Comment by Mellissa Wingate — May 9, 2016 @ 18:55

• The attacks about that old post don’t bother me. You might want to know I was an abused child, emotionally, physically, and sexually. So I don’t understand your comment and your comments shift? Old gator post to sexual abuse is a big step….Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 19:13

• I am sorry Mellissa. I went to the post and read the comments and see how you went in the direction you did. I had not read that response in a long time and did not remember what I wrote there about abuse. Again, sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 20:14

16. Just kill it that’s the answer he was here fist but kill it now your a man WOW

Comment by Don — March 14, 2016 @ 20:59

17. Reblogged this on Fishing With Nolan.

Comment by Nolan Chamberlain — March 14, 2016 @ 21:39

• Thank you Nolan but I should warn you there are many people who take issue with the whole post. Be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 14, 2016 @ 22:15

18. To begin with, the call letters for t.v. and radio stations in Florida begin with W not K, second i live about 60 miles from winter haven, and i’ve heard nothing of this, as for as i know gators in fl. Dont get much past 13.5-14 feet in length…sooooo i call B.S. Im sure some get bigger, but not 28’~ js

Comment by Gary Miller — March 15, 2016 @ 18:44

• I totally agree they don’t get that big even in captivity!!! I have friends that have gator farms and the called BS TOO.

Comment by Eric Bray — March 25, 2016 @ 12:48

• thank you for the comment. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 25, 2016 @ 13:27

19. Looking at the way the gator is, you can tell they took the photo in a way to make it look bigger. No doubt this was probably be a pretty big gator

Comment by Keri — March 15, 2016 @ 19:09

20. Pretty shitty they killed him. People suck.

Comment by Tammy — March 16, 2016 @ 06:49

21. Recently sAW A VIDEO OF A GATOR SWIMMING WITH A LARGE DOG IN ITS MOUTH. tHE DOG WAS WEARING A RED COLLAR. i’M SURE THE DOGS OWNERS WERE HEARTBROKEN TO LOSE THEIR COMPANION. WHEN GATORS GET THAT BIG, THEY NEED TO BE RELOCATED OR PUT DOWN.

Comment by Antoinette Mendick — March 16, 2016 @ 07:20

22. Why would they kill him/her? I don’t se the need to kill him/her.

Comment by Ali — March 17, 2016 @ 21:05

Comment by A. wax — April 11, 2017 @ 14:27

• Answered in the prior one. Thanks Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2017 @ 15:19

• So dangerous! Glad it is dead! I am so sick of idiots putting dangerous creatures ahead of humans & pets! If you liberal people love monsters like this – then go swim where they live & hunt! In fact – move there! New comment added!

Comment by A. wax — April 11, 2017 @ 14:28

• Hello A. Wax. I think there are some times a “nuisance” dangerous animal has to be put down for the good of the community. However there are places and times that dangerous animals can be safely allowed to live and roam. It is entirely a matter of using our common sense and reason. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2017 @ 15:11

• I would feed you to an alligator just to shut you up. I can tell your voice is obnoxious just by reading your posts. Go run with scissors… into the Everglades ✌🏼

Comment by CJustine — April 20, 2017 @ 19:36

• (Not posted towards you, Scottie 👍🏼)

Comment by CJustine — April 20, 2017 @ 19:37

23. all these cryers and whiner on here saying it was wrong to kill the gator. really? an animal that size is a threat to humans and pets and,yes, it could very easily get ahold of a child. children and pets are curious and while a pet may just be curious about a strange bubble or ripple on the water surface and get too close, children who are told to stay away from the water’s edge will go just to see what the big deal is, if they don’t see anything threatening, it gets dismissed. gators can and do lie motionless for hours waiting for anything to eat to get close enough and they can run extremely fast out of water for short spurts. so, yeah, children could very easily become prey for a large gator. makes me wonder how many pets have gone missing and no one thought it may be a gator.

Comment by maxie — March 19, 2016 @ 08:22

24. What did it do to have to be captured and killed except for being large?

Comment by Sue Woodruff — March 20, 2016 @ 13:43

• Sue I am not sure of anything on this story. I know it is on scope. I am not sure where else it maybe posted. I got the post in an email and simply posted it as an interesting story. Thanks for your interest. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 20, 2016 @ 13:56

25. I don’t understand why the gator had to be shot.

Comment by Julie — March 20, 2016 @ 19:24

26. Wow that’s huge

Comment by Sheila walker — March 21, 2016 @ 06:57

27. Why did it have to be killed?

Comment by Jessika — March 21, 2016 @ 22:44

• I am sorry, I know nothing of the details of this story. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 22, 2016 @ 12:32

28. Photo shopped why it’s the tail dragging the ground?

Comment by jj — March 22, 2016 @ 01:28

29. Holy shit!

Comment by Mona Grevo — March 22, 2016 @ 13:25

• Hello. While I never found shit to be holy.. OK.. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 22, 2016 @ 13:31

30. That’s so messed up , they shouldn’t have killed it , they should have caught it and move it somewhere where it could have done some good.

Comment by Terry — March 22, 2016 @ 23:11

31. Fake report
    Gators don’t get 28 ft…( 15 ft is a monster and very seldom ever seen and they are usually in Louisania)… Crocodiles seldom get over 20 ft but seldom over 22ft.
    The dead give away was when they said full grown “STAG”. ….. We don’t have stags in Florida
    BUCK make whitetail deer
    Stags are a different breed
    Story was good though

Comment by Chuck Raymond — March 23, 2016 @ 17:03

• Hello and thank you. I have kind of given up trying to answer comments on this post. I have tried to explain where I got it, how I looked it up, my view on it, but no one wants to hear it, they just want to yell at me, for everyone that claims it is true others claim it is false, then there are the many many who write there was no reason to kill it and they get answered by the ones who say it should have been killed. Me I posted this over 6 years ago and I am a bit tired of the controversy. I wonder why people wont look at the new stuff I posted? Why not comment on that. Tell me if they think I am right or wrong or that they simply like it? It makes me feel bad that the thing every one is interested in is a post from 6 years ago…. while I do posts every day. It makes it seem that the posts I do now mean nothing. Be well, thanks for commenting and hugs.

Comment by Scottie — March 23, 2016 @ 17:42

32. How old was it? Wonder how long it had to grow that big.

Comment by Julie — March 23, 2016 @ 22:09

• Not sure, I know nothing about it at all. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 24, 2016 @ 11:14

33. Were is swamp people Troy were are you
    Post in the Pierre Part,Louisiana news paper
    For Troy to see what we have down south

Comment by Graciela Hernandez — March 25, 2016 @ 09:37

34. Do folks ever get tired of making this stuff up? That photo is at least 10 years old, the gator 13 feet and the deer looks to be a average size doe. Stag? Stags are in Europe or South America, not Florida. Also the gator in the water is not the same one hanging. That one is another 13 footer that was killed by a game warden in Texas.

Comment by Dmick — March 28, 2016 @ 12:07

• Thank you for the information, no sadly people love to make stuff up, exaggerate, and do anything to get attention and make themselves important. Be well Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 28, 2016 @ 12:31

35. There was no point in killing this animal because it was huge. Its like killing humans because they are obese!!!!!!”

Comment by john — March 30, 2016 @ 07:48

36. I think they should have put him in a cage to be awed over..or had one heck of a meal which ever came first…

Comment by Sam — March 30, 2016 @ 08:29

37. Why kill the gator? Why not relocate it? You live near water in florida. . Duh probably gonna have a gator nearby. .

Comment by Lindalawrence — March 30, 2016 @ 13:31

38. And what harm was it causing you? ASSHOLES

Comment by Jew boy — March 30, 2016 @ 13:38

• OK I ask that we stop the name calling or I will stop approving the comments. Your point can be made very well with out the last word! Thank you.

Comment by Scottie — March 30, 2016 @ 14:43

39. I’m NOT happy they killed this deer eating native. It’s dangerous..YES.. make the people move…this strong huge male was needed to reproduce in our ecosystem.
    BADDDDDD that he was murdered.
    Shameful to learn this.

Comment by Jeanne Emerick — March 30, 2016 @ 18:05

40. Being in Fl wouldn’t the KTBS helicopter media outlet begin with a W? Where is any part of the the gators shadow in the photos?

Comment by Dan — March 30, 2016 @ 18:38

• Dan I can’t answer that. I keep telling everyone I was sent this as an email. I have no other information on it. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — March 30, 2016 @ 18:44

• Just because someone sends you an email, doesn’t mean you should post it. Check your facts.

Comment by Susan — April 6, 2016 @ 18:23

• I have answered that question three times. I did check it and it proved true on the site I used. Thanks for the reprimand, I needed it to make my day happier. Should I consult you for everything I post also? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 8, 2016 @ 14:52

41. You cannot relocate a gator of this size – for many reasons. That is why they harvest it. This is a huge risk to humans…

Comment by Brad Polhemus — April 4, 2016 @ 16:21

42. If you witnessed how this gator killed this deer – you would understand why anything large near the water is at risk. So you want to live in Florida with a runoff pond in your neighborhood huh? They are have em’.

Comment by Brad Polhemus — April 4, 2016 @ 16:23

43. Its sad that the answer was to kill the alligator. I’m sorry it couldn’t live. It’s almost like the alligator earned the right to live. I understand why it was killed but…it’s still sad!

Comment by TH — April 4, 2016 @ 21:58

44. I’m not a fan of alligators but they couldn’t use a tranquilizer an took him some where I think that’s wrong we build our houses around their habitat and then we want to kill him I think it’s fucked up

Comment by Jayscar — April 6, 2016 @ 09:08

45. Seems it has been bettered! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35974648

Comment by John H Scadden — April 6, 2016 @ 09:55

46. This did not happen in Winter Haven, FL. Or anywhere in Florida. KTBS is a Louisiana station. The alligator may be real and maybe it was shot with a deer in its mouth but a KTBS helicopter does not exist in Winter Haven.

Comment by Susan — April 6, 2016 @ 18:20

47. don’t you think they could have let this incredible animal live in captivity being that it is one of the largest I’ve ever seen

Comment by mercedes huffmaster — April 7, 2016 @ 00:55

48. I’m thinking the head on this Gator is far too large for its body size… I may be a skeptic but I believe this to be fake

Comment by Janine — April 11, 2016 @ 13:07

49. Why did YOU ALL KILL it for. Shit that was REAL OLD Gator had many more yrs. To live. Hell that’s all Ever one now days want to do JUST Kill ever fuck N thing. 😦 😦 Shit

Comment by Randall Terry — April 20, 2016 @ 09:37

50. I hope it Mom or Dads EATS your Ass!!!!!!

Comment by Randall Terry — April 20, 2016 @ 09:40

51. Why kill the gator? Why not remove it to some wild life gator refuge? I don’t like gators much, but it just seems inhumane to kill something for doing what they do.

Comment by Sky Wilson — May 9, 2016 @ 06:54

• Hello Sky, please read through the comments. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 11:50

52. Looked at the pic again. Don’t know true or not but I know the question is out there. Do you see the shadow of the man? Where is the shadow or even a portion of the gator shadow?

Comment by Mellissa Wingate — May 9, 2016 @ 18:59

• Hello Mellissa. Welcome. I am sorry but I have not looked at that post in years. I have moved on from it. The very funny thing was those photos and that post sat there hardly even getting a glance until someone put my post on their Facebook page. That was recently. The page took off and I got lots of hits, and lots of trolls and lots of anger and lots of people with an opinion of their own. So I wrote in the comment section that I welcome anyone but that I wouldn’t be dealing with it anymore. Yes I could have just deleted it, but I don’t mind people coming and looking, and even commenting, I just don’t want to use my time dealing with it. Why do I feel this way? Well because I write a lot of posts, some very personal, many different subjects and people are involved. Yet the people all upset or those who want to argue about the gator post don’t care about any other subject or post. So that means they are not reading my blog, nor to they care about the things I write. If I have miss judged you I regret it, but again you have shown your focus on one long ago post, not on anything else in my blog. Be well and happy, and no I did not go look at the photo, I really don’t care. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2016 @ 19:06

53. That’s great! I’ve been checking out this Gator for the last few years just to allude me at every chance to catch. I have had Polk county tags for the Last 2 years. And to see that Polk county actually killed the Hugh gator is not fare for us that chech out these places bigger gators hang out all year long just to wait for another chance to try for a Trophy gator. Why was the gator killed out of season is my question? Season shouldn’t be open to law enforcement just because it was feeding on a deer. Or as a Stag as you called it lol . Why don’t you set up and shoot all the coyote that stalk newborn or fawns in the woods. Oh that wouldn’t be right though. Let’s not forget about the wild hogs that are also carnivores that kill deer and the Bobcats. I’m disgusted with the approach that Polk county not only made but harvested the gator out of season. If I was to harvest one out of season I’d be fined and possibly put in jail. This was I’m sure a female that has had plenty of offspring that hopefully grow to her size , might I add it would take maybe up to 30-50 years to reach that size! Rant over. I’m disgusted with whom ever killed the animal and hope he felt like a real f/n hero for taking the opportunity from some deserving tag / lottery holding tax paying Gator hunter!

Comment by Bobby walker — July 7, 2016 @ 20:08

• Hello Bobby, I know nothing of the story other than was presented, and I know only what is in the comments. So people say it is a tale from Georgia.

Comment by Scottie — July 8, 2016 @ 11:40

54. […] LARGE ALLIGATOR KILLED IN FLORIDA […]

Pingback by How To Make A Large Toy Box | D.I.Y Woodworking Plans — July 23, 2016 @ 17:43

55. The residents are on the Gator’s Turf. Going through a backyard is to be expected. A solution other than a kill needs to be developed, but… what would the ‘boys’ have to brag about then.

Comment by i'mgoing.home — February 9, 2017 @ 17:43

• Yes that is part of the problem in most places, bragging rights. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 9, 2017 @ 17:45

56. Sad that such a majestic creature had to be murdered.

Comment by Jujubee — April 2, 2017 @ 23:14

• Hello Jujubee. I have been told it is not true to there were differences in the story. I do not agree with killing an animal unless it is a danger to human life or some other necessary to life thing. Be well, thanks for stopping by. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 2, 2017 @ 23:26

57. What waste.

Comment by Text bubb — April 9, 2017 @ 20:11

58. Why are people always trying to control nature? This society has no idea how to live in harmony with anything. The water is the domain that mother nature gave these alligators. If you dont like gators, dont live around lakes. Simple.

Comment by Greg Moore — April 10, 2017 @ 07:41

59. The last picture is an old picture lol it’s been on the web since I was old enough to surf it

Comment by d — April 10, 2017 @ 09:30

• Oh yes, it seems someone was having fun, made up a story with pictures, some parts of it true, and then sent it around to scare people. Sadly it still gets the most hits out of all the stuff on my blog. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 10, 2017 @ 11:55

60. Seen that picture over 10 years ago

Comment by Willie W Harrell — April 10, 2017 @ 11:38

• Yes the email was old when I got it, and I posted it years ago. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 10, 2017 @ 11:53

61. Why did they have to kill it?? Just wondering?

Comment by Don — April 10, 2017 @ 14:44

• Hello Don. Not sure. SOmeone wrote it was a “nuisance”gator, others have said it is all fiction. There are so many stories I am not sure what is the truth with it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 10, 2017 @ 15:41

62. How often are they gonna kill this gator. These same photos were in another article from about 2 to 3 years ago where this gator was caught and killed on Weiss lake in Alabama. interesting

Comment by Road Runner — April 11, 2017 @ 09:53

63. Jesus Christ why did they have to kill such a majestic creature!!?? You know humans suck sometimes we kill animals for sport for food and those animals who have to work in a circus or live in a zoo lose their freedom and happiness. We kill animals to make clothing bags and shoes. If the tables were turned….. But you know I think that animals are much more spiritually in line so they probably wouldn’t do to us what we do to them. Would you kill your family pet to eat it or make clothes out of it? Would you keep it imprisoned in a cage? Would you kill it for sport? Would you torture it? Of course not!!!! So why do we feel it’s ok to do to ANY animal?

Comment by Gabrielle — April 11, 2017 @ 11:54

• Hello Gabrielle. I agree that far too many animals are killed by hunting. However good zoo’s save animals and treat them well. However a bad zoo is a place that is hard on the animals. As for pets that really goes on your culture. Now I agree with you I hate to kill and eat a pet. But I grew up on farms and sometimes when young I would have a farm animal I got close to that was slated for slaughter. I think animals kept for food production should be treated with as much dignity and respect as possible and their deaths should be humaine. I eat animals because I am a omnivore. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2017 @ 13:53

64. ..must’ve been an old gator..and why did he have to be killed? Was he attacking people? Or just bellowing and keeping them awake.? I bet he lived there long before his neighbors! Sad.

Comment by Vanbu — April 11, 2017 @ 20:55

• I know nothing about the story. In the comments several people have left add ons and other mentions of the story. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 11, 2017 @ 20:56

65. OMG I have never seen such a huge gator in my life I can’t believe the size of that thing a human would just be a snack do it my God I’m glad they got rid of it it was living way too close to humans putting their lives at risk

Comment by Donna Kiff — April 12, 2017 @ 07:21

• Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 12, 2017 @ 12:54

• Not threatening anyone. Should we start eliminating killer whales because of what happened at SeaWorld? People like you should be eliminated.

Comment by George — April 14, 2017 @ 08:08

• Nasty George. Read the comments and you will see this has already been addressed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 09:50

66. Ten years ago, this was a photo taken at Caddo Lake, near Shreveport Louisiana. KTBS is channel 3 in Shreveport. Television call signs east of the Mississippi River begin with a “W.”

Comment by BG Taylor — April 12, 2017 @ 11:15

• Thank you. Seems to be many versions of this out in cyberspace. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 12, 2017 @ 12:52

67. why did they kill the gator they never said it was attacking a human it just had a big deer in its mouth I think they could have relocated it and not kill it

Comment by Rick — April 12, 2017 @ 18:22

• Hello Rick. I do not know any more than is in the story, sorry. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 12, 2017 @ 18:46

68. Holy Shit

Comment by Tigeeno — April 12, 2017 @ 19:41

69. What a piece of shit. That gator didn’t do anything wrong. He lived all this Time

Comment by Tom horak — April 12, 2017 @ 20:07

• From what I have read it may be totally made up. I am getting so many different answers I am not even going to worry about it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 12, 2017 @ 20:17

70. I did not think alligators got that big. Sounds like Nile crocodile size.

Comment by Phil Blumer — April 13, 2017 @ 10:24

71. Why were they “forced” to kill the alligator? Couldn’t it be sedated and moved to a safe place, possibly the Everglades?

Comment by Dave McDonald — April 13, 2017 @ 13:05

72. Photoshopped…. ***Note that the shadow is of the man and it extends under the gator… and that there is sunlight on the supposed shady side of the gator…

Comment by Linda — April 13, 2017 @ 17:45

• Hello Linda. Some have said so, others insist it is real. I don’t know. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 13, 2017 @ 18:58

73. It still doesn’t say why it was killed ….

Comment by Allen — April 13, 2017 @ 17:50

• Sorry. In the comments are people who claim to know more. It was sent a long time ago to me in an email. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 13, 2017 @ 18:57

74. Trustworthy source, for sure…

Comment by wimgrundy — April 13, 2017 @ 18:39

• Hey Wimgrundy.. How are ya. Not sure which source you mean. I have gotten so many side stories and different ideas on this story. I gave up trying to sort it out years ago. I just leave the story alone. I post the comments if they are not malicious or other problem. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 13, 2017 @ 18:51

75. I don’t understand – why did they have to kill it???

Comment by Jodi — April 13, 2017 @ 20:17

76. Good job to all the people involved in getting this gator. This is why I don’t go to Florida much and when I do I stay in the pools. Lol

Comment by Cindy Green — April 13, 2017 @ 20:38

• Hello Cindy. Look in the pool before getting in. I live in Florida and have often seen gators in the pools. In fact in the community I live in we have had them walk down the main street, through our back yards , and yes small ones get through the fence and into the pool. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 13, 2017 @ 21:32

• Dont come then, there is no reason to kill this wonderful animal.

Comment by Dawn sapp — April 14, 2017 @ 17:27

• Really don’t listen to Dawn, come down often, we need the tourism dollars. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 18:10

77. Why shoot it just because 28ft

Comment by Jery — April 13, 2017 @ 21:17

78. That is a lie. The picture comes from the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources

Comment by Mark — April 13, 2017 @ 22:34

• OK, and again that also is in the comments. It has been claimed by about a half dozen people or even more. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 10:01

79. So why did they kill it

Comment by Mark — April 14, 2017 @ 00:26

• Hello Mark. Please read the comments, that question has been asked and answered. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 10:01

80. Stop hating on Snopes. I checked, and the sites that have “shown” that Snopes is “full of librul, commie lies,” are themselves “fake news” from right-wing trolls. Snopes is more reliable than any alternative that has come up. I’ve been reading Snopes since y’all were young’uns.

Comment by Douglas Turner Day — April 14, 2017 @ 01:24

• Hello Doug. I agree. I also use truth or fiction and it is a good site. In my research to answer another snopes hater, I found out what you said is very true. Sadly too many simply believed it without checking. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 10:00

• Snopes is a liberal opinion hack group whose verifications are slanted opinions, not facts.

Comment by Michael Castillo — April 15, 2017 @ 09:39

• Hello Michael, got proof? Easy to throw out accusations, little harder to provide evidence. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 15, 2017 @ 09:54

81. Why did they “have” to shoot this amazing animal. We are invading his territory. If you don’t want to live next door to him MOVE!!!

Comment by Deirdre — April 14, 2017 @ 05:49

• Hello Deirdre. If you read the comments you see this has been asked and answered before. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 09:52

82. Anyone who uses Snopes is a fool waiting to be lied to! Great story and photos anyway!

Comment by Daniel Guice — April 14, 2017 @ 05:57

• Ah, well not so . I have investigated this and found that the ones claiming it is false are the ones who have been refuted, debunked, or shown to be a lie. Have a fun one. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 09:51

83. Why did it have to be killed? Didn’t read where it threatened anyone. Want a reason please.

Comment by George — April 14, 2017 @ 08:02

• I want you to read the comments as your answer is there many times. You want the answer, read for it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 09:50

84. Proven to be false several years ago

Comment by Bill wheeler — April 14, 2017 @ 08:21

• Yes, some commenters have said that. Others have claimed it happened in their home town or to their relative. Be well Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 09:49

85. This is horrible!
    Why did they have to kill it?
    It had a deer not a dog in its mouth.
    Hey Let’s nurture Nature, Not Kill it!

Comment by DeAnna Smith — April 14, 2017 @ 08:35

• Hello DeAnna. Did you read the other comments? Also why did you make a difference between a dog and a deer? Both are animals. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 09:30

86. In what way we’re the wardens “FORCED” to shoot this creature? NEWSFLASH! If global warming continues, many creatures will be growing larger! Why are you not focusing on the PYTHON problem? Maybe this fellow was eating them too! Did you ever think about that?

Comment by Heather — April 14, 2017 @ 10:19

• Heather please modify your tone and try just talking to someone if you wish to make a point or have a discussion. Please notice the date of the report. Then read the comments where many say the story is made up. Other say it happened in their town or to their relatives. Many have said the gator was a threat. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 10:58

87. So, WHY WAS THIS ALLIGATOR KILLED?
    I DONT GET THE REASONING

Comment by Edy heinz — April 14, 2017 @ 12:04

• Hello Ed. Did you read all the comments? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 13:33

88. This upsets me . I fail to understand why they had to kill it . They could have just moved it but no were to quick to kill an innocent animal .

Comment by lisa — April 14, 2017 @ 12:52

• Hello Lisa. Be reassured it may not have happened. Several people told me it was a fake, while others say it is a mixture of other real things. I don’t know. Not sure if the gator was a nuisance animal which is required to be put down, or what the deal was. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 13:32

89. I’ve seen this exact picture in 3 different stories now. The gator changes size and the location changes as well. What is the actual story on the gator in the last photo??

Comment by Tracy — April 14, 2017 @ 13:07

• Hello Tracy. I agree. I have gotten many comments saying it was in a different place or it happened to their relatives. As for the story I really don’t know much about it. I got the story years ago in an email. Some people say it is fake. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 13:30

90. Florida doesn’t recognize gay marriage you sick bastard.

Comment by Joe — April 14, 2017 @ 13:17

• OH joe you are such a joke. Not funny, but you are a joke. You are showing your superior grasp of the law, humanity, kindness, and intelligence in a written form. Good show. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 13:27

91. A good reason why I will never live where there are aligator. I like to feel comfortable in my own yard n not someone’s meal.

Comment by Cindy Crowl — April 14, 2017 @ 14:11

92. Thanks Obama

Comment by Norman Epstein — April 14, 2017 @ 15:43

• 🙂 ah, I think this one is better credited on Mitch McConnell 😉 be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 15:50

93. Yeeeeeow. Did he have his own zip code?

Comment by Alice Saddler — April 14, 2017 @ 15:45

• I would say so, if he wanted it I sure wouldn’t argue with him. 😉 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 15:51

94. Lot of boots

Comment by Steve — April 14, 2017 @ 16:15

• Yes, and handbags with soup fixings to spare. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 16:15

95. what a shame such an animal had to die for no good reason remember they moved in his home not him into theirs

Comment by Rodney Gonzales — April 14, 2017 @ 16:37

• 🙂 I think the problem was he tried to move back in. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 16:39

96. That will make a few rich women a lot of purses. If they are in to wearing animals. I, personally, prefer to eat it. Tastes just like chicken!!!

Comment by Mary Ellen — April 14, 2017 @ 16:51

97. Why can you leave it alone, we are in its home not the other way around, thats an amazing animal
    ..YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Comment by Dawn sapp — April 14, 2017 @ 17:25

• Oh Dawn… really. I don’t care if we stormed in, grapped it’s wife and kids, threw them out in the snow, and sat there in the windows of their home giving them the finger…when they are a threat to humans , they lose. Now before you get all Daunting Dawn look through the comments. The story may be fake. It may not be. It may have happened here, there, or anywhere. Some people said it was a gator of x type, others not. SO please save your ire for animals that are in danger of extinction. And yes I live in Florida and yes we have gators all around us, we have them in our yard, we have them in our street and we have had them in our pool. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 18:09

98. Can someone please verify if this story is real and are these actual photos. So tired of ppl quoting snopes, they are liberal liars so not credible in my book…

But already been told it’s false and re pics are from South Carolina.

Comment by Dina — April 14, 2017 @ 18:49

• Dina, you’re picked for the job. Thing is I do believe Snopes. I am a liberal. So as I don’t care one way or the other, it is not bothering me at all. IF it is bothering you, go online, do something yourself rather than ask others to do it for you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 18:59

99. Why couldn’t they slip it a Mickey and move it, it’s not like it hurt anyone or had been living there for nigh on 200 yrs or anything….

Comment by Markington of Laphamshire — April 14, 2017 @ 19:00

• Not sure. Maybe it had run out of frequent flier miles. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 19:01

100. I betcha the Swamp people would have had a field day trim to drag that one up for a shoot, kill and tag. Not to mention a bigger boat , dog he’s big. Sure glad they got him though.

Comment by Cathy — April 14, 2017 @ 19:01

101. People never ever dismiss the size of gators in Florida!!! I’m a native Floridian that’s 52 years. It’s what we do… we grow them and we grow them big

Comment by Delissa — April 14, 2017 @ 19:24

• Hello Delissa. Have a great weekend. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 20:09

• 28 feet? That’s pure nonsense. More than twice the size of the largest known alligators? Even the photo is wrong.

Comment by Zesko — April 14, 2017 @ 22:20

102. Why kill the alligator .Couldnt it be moved?

Comment by Carolyn Denaburg — April 14, 2017 @ 20:27

• I am not sure of the situation. However if a gator has become a “nuisance” it must be destroyed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 20:54

103. Did the alligator attack anybody was he eating family pets mind lng his own business it was eating wild animals when I saw the posting of this animal several months ago I knew it was only a matter of time before they were out and tried to kill it and they did succeed men with little dicks killing big animals with the big guns

Comment by Paul Lombardi — April 14, 2017 @ 21:54

• 🙂 Hello Paul. I got this by email years ago. I do not know any more than is in the post. People have offered information in the comments. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 21:56

104. Fake as hell.

Comment by Zesko — April 14, 2017 @ 22:17

• Hey Zesko, how are you? Could be as far as I know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 22:18

105. Wondering why it deemed necessary to kill? Had it attacked or threatened people?

Comment by ylt222 — April 14, 2017 @ 22:41

• Hello ylt222, please read the comments. I keep getting asked this question and I do not have the answer. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 14, 2017 @ 22:46

106. So why kill so magnificent a animal to achieve the size stated, and I don’t believe 28 ft at all but even is Trex shrunk into alligator size. That’s a marvel of nature and we humans need to respect them and all of nature not destroy because of what could happen. A asteroid might hit my house but not likely

Comment by Barry — April 14, 2017 @ 22:49

107. Why were they forced to kill it ?

Comment by cindinjava — April 14, 2017 @ 22:59

108. Why did they kill him?

Comment by Annie — April 14, 2017 @ 23:44

109. Why where the forced to shoot it?

Comment by Karen rooney — April 14, 2017 @ 23:53

110. yeah don’t believe anything the media says folks they will say and do anything for ratings.

Comment by Shawn Earle — April 15, 2017 @ 00:29

111. Regardless of truth… This damn thing is huge and very tasty.

Comment by Joel — April 15, 2017 @ 01:17

112. Still shouldn’t of killed it!! This is bullshit

Comment by Lucy — April 15, 2017 @ 01:59

113. I believe the legal limit to keep alive is 7 or 8 ft long. Once they get that large, eat pets, deer, small children. And they have a history of killing most other alligators in a reserve. Seeing it is close to houses, they stay and feed as there is a ready supply of meals.

Comment by Keith Davis — April 15, 2017 @ 02:30

114. Why kill it

Comment by Jennifer Teifke — April 15, 2017 @ 05:45

115. Why did it need to be killed?

Comment by Gregg — April 15, 2017 @ 07:44

116. I think the real story here is the size of the deer. If the gator was 28′ long, comparing the scale of the two animals, the deer must have been 12-14′ long!
    Besides I read this took place in my neighbors koi pond. Which may or may not be accurate. My view may change with verifiable evidence so readily available my 98 year old grandmother may or may not be able to source on the internet or library microfiche.

Comment by Mike Colbert — April 15, 2017 @ 08:09

117. As usual Trumpsters don’t like to read the truth and criticize the source. I’m actually quite surprised that they would check the veracity of any statement. The norm is to just blame anything they don’t agree with on liberals like the previous statement does. Snopes has been investigated by many groups, liberal and consevative, and has been proven to be a source of nonbiased information. If you don’t like what they say then just say so but don’t say they make up facts, that’s Trump’s job.

Comment by Sue — April 15, 2017 @ 08:33

118. The gator in the last picture was a 13 ft long one killed in south Texas a few years back. Nice April Fools Day story.

Comment by Michael Castillo — April 15, 2017 @ 09:35

119. I would have “fostered” the gator!😇

Comment by Pat — April 15, 2017 @ 11:24

120. Why did they feel the need to destroy this beautiful creature?

Comment by Carol Wirth — April 15, 2017 @ 12:08

121. Didn’t have to kill it. Relocate and let the old dinosaur live out it’s life. Humans (myself included) make me sick. So quick to kill and judge.

Comment by Arnold — April 15, 2017 @ 14:12

122. Such a huge amazing animal. Ashame you did nat or could not relocate it.

Comment by Cheryl — April 15, 2017 @ 15:43

123. Why did they kill it. Don’t they realise how old this animal could be?

Comment by Mike — April 15, 2017 @ 15:44

124. And why did you kill it???

Comment by Sandy — April 15, 2017 @ 16:35

• Well Sandy I was out on a walk with my T-rex, and this gator was trying to mate with a unicorn. I couldn’t allow that now could I. Oh Sandy, please use some reading skills, if you read the post, the story, look at my blog page, you will see clearly I did not have anything to do with it. Try again please. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 15, 2017 @ 16:39

125. I hope they at least stuff him and put him in a museum of some kind. Wow!

Comment by Kim Skipper — April 15, 2017 @ 17:23

126. I think they should have the least captured it and put it in the zoo in Orlando it’s amazing but wouldn’t it be more exciting to have to visit a nice big alligator like that and let others see it instead of killing it and now no one gets to see it

Comment by Vinny Peltier — April 15, 2017 @ 17:26

127. This story is pretty suspect, given that the original source is a station in Louisiana…..and it was 7 years ago.

Comment by Patti — April 15, 2017 @ 18:00

• Hello Patti. You are correct. Most overlook that and launch into a tirade of some sort. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 15, 2017 @ 18:03

128. Why kill it,that gator has been in that lake for a long time,leave it alone and it will leave you alone,what a shame

Comment by Herb — April 15, 2017 @ 18:30

129. I would like to congratulate those Game Wardens for there pursuit on the over sized gator. Most of the time these couraegeous officers go without recognition but I won’t let that slide by.
    You are a beacon of light and a symbal of hope for the residents who really need your help. A job well done gentlemen keep it going…..!”

Comment by K. Kool — April 15, 2017 @ 19:17

130. Why kill it,that gator has been in that lake for a long time,leave it alone and it will leave you alone,what a shame it was here first

Comment by Michael — April 15, 2017 @ 20:29

131. Should have called the king of swamp people, Troy Landry

Comment by Bill Jones — April 15, 2017 @ 21:25

132. Saw these pictures several years ago yep theres some biguns out there

Comment by Joel Flournoy — April 15, 2017 @ 21:50

• Hello Joel. Yes this is rather old now and you are correct, some big ones. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 15, 2017 @ 21:52

133. Why did you have to kill it that was such a waste of a beautiful animal that was apparently just making a living.Selfish ,stupid humans.

Comment by A.Feasel — April 15, 2017 @ 22:24

• Did you read the post? I did not kill it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 15, 2017 @ 22:27

134. I’ve watched Swamp People on cable every season, every episode and it might be14 feet, 1 inch, but their biggest is like 13′,11″ and their is no way it’s twice the size than theirs………….biggest ever caught was in Thailand and it was like 21″ and weighed 2500 lbs……….record in states is like 15’plus……….

Comment by mike — April 15, 2017 @ 22:28

135. I don’t understand why they had to kill him

Comment by Robin — April 16, 2017 @ 08:10

136. These guys usually “lay in wait” for prey when they get this large rater than hunt. He may have bee moving because of the drought…..or mating season.

Comment by Shannon P, — April 16, 2017 @ 10:00

137. I’m against killing animals, but in this case honestly the size of that alligator and it took a full size buck, no it’s time too take it down. No human life is worth it. Good job.

Comment by Ruby Powell — April 16, 2017 @ 12:59

138. More like 12-15 ft and the warden looks more like 5’6″

Comment by Krosst — April 16, 2017 @ 13:57

139. I, think this was bullshit. The game warden could’ve capture it and put him in a zoo. Cause, the real danger, was humans. The gator, was no danger to anyone, the humans make him a danger, do to moving in their territory.

Comment by General Dishman — April 16, 2017 @ 14:18

140. WOWEEZERS! Kinda sad though.
    He lived such a long time.
    Why did they kill him , had he attacked humans?

Comment by Audrey — April 16, 2017 @ 15:02

141. Tell me again why they were “forced” to shoot this alligator?

Comment by Kim — April 16, 2017 @ 16:52

• It was a hit put out by the tRump administration so they could pave the area over for a new parking garage. The gators relatives intend to take over florida as a response. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 16, 2017 @ 16:54

142. Damn that’s a lot of cowboy boots

Comment by Kathleen — April 16, 2017 @ 19:17

143. My goodness I’m glad you called him you probably saved a lot of kids lives and dog’s life thank goodness that’s a good skater I’ve ever seen you you made a wonderful catch

Comment by Mary — April 17, 2017 @ 00:42

144. Why the fuck was it killed exactly? Cuz it ate a deer? Seriously… why wasnt it moved to a safer zone. Pathetic

Comment by Heather — April 17, 2017 @ 00:51

145. Murderers.

Comment by Bonnie — April 17, 2017 @ 00:53

146. So why were they forced to kill it? Because it was large? Because it was near homes? Why not relocate it?

Comment by Kelly — April 17, 2017 @ 08:18

147. How old would a gater that size be?

Comment by Sll — April 17, 2017 @ 10:33

• No idea. Some say it can’t be that big. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 17, 2017 @ 10:37

148. Oh my

Comment by Cathy — April 17, 2017 @ 13:12

149. If he is 6’5″ then I must be too , because he is barely looking over the box of that pickup.

Comment by L.S. — April 17, 2017 @ 15:25

150. Why did it have to be killed?

Comment by Douglas Bruin — April 17, 2017 @ 15:51

151. Why do they have to KILL? Why not relocate it to a lesser populated area? It must be so old, such a shame 😞

Comment by Raenae — April 17, 2017 @ 17:17

152. Why we got to kill everything thus makes me sad it was getting its own food W.T.F

Comment by Rebecca gregory — April 17, 2017 @ 18:24

153. Why kill it?

Comment by Arnold — April 17, 2017 @ 18:43

154. thatz one big gator!

Comment by anna — April 17, 2017 @ 22:10

155. Why the fuck were you ‘forced’ to kill it ????????

Comment by Brett — April 17, 2017 @ 23:15

156. So , how many purses and cowboy boots did they get from his hid?

Comment by Lou — April 18, 2017 @ 06:42

157. Shot . just in case it might harm a human. Warnings could have been posted. That creature. tho formiddable. Had not harmed a human up to that point. It was big enough to have attacked and killed a human years before it was shot. Don’t think killing it was a good choice

Comment by Rhaine — April 18, 2017 @ 07:47

158. Why do you have to kill

Comment by Kylene — April 18, 2017 @ 10:00

159. It’s DISGUSTING that you felt it necessary to KILL one of the survivors of god’s creatures & a survivor of natures distructive weather. It only had a deer (yes I love deers also) but this was a natural means of survival. One of god’s creatures for another.

Comment by Beth — April 18, 2017 @ 14:01

• Oh dearest Beth. You must have read the story so carefully, as you seemed to fail to notice in your great hurry to voice your love of all god’s creatures, that my name never appeared anywhere in the story. Also before you say you did not know my name it is proudly posted along with my picture. Great Job Beth, outstanding way to show your care and love to a fellow human. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 18, 2017 @ 20:30

160. Bullshit story. Pics are from two different gators the one with the deer was taken in Georgia in 2004. The other was killed in Texas in 2005 and neither was over 13-14 feet in length. Also radio and TV stations east of the Mississippi call letters begin with the letter W. K is for stations west of theMississippi

Comment by W D Kilken — April 18, 2017 @ 14:32

161. I realize scary but why did they have to shoot it again??? Game wardens?? Something fishy going on

Comment by Susan — April 18, 2017 @ 21:53

162. Why was this Gator killed?

Comment by Edward — April 19, 2017 @ 08:32

163. So why did the gator have to be killed???

Comment by Jane — April 19, 2017 @ 15:13

• good question

Comment by craig — April 19, 2017 @ 17:35

164. so it was killed for being succesful at living ? Where any humans harmed or killed by it? Was it killed because it may harm or kill a person someday ? Seems wrong to kill it just because it is there but then again that is the American way right . shoot first ask questions later ?

Comment by craig — April 19, 2017 @ 17:34

165. Why did it have to be killed????

Comment by Katy baker — April 19, 2017 @ 20:28

166. so why did we kill this creature, because it was big? what the fuck is wrong with mankind?

Comment by Anthony Sfogliano — April 19, 2017 @ 22:06

167. Its a 13 foot gator period….. Wow….. Guys its a gator in Florida…….

Comment by Tyler — April 19, 2017 @ 22:50

168. Why?? We are in his environment…..sad

Comment by Jessie — April 20, 2017 @ 00:05

169. shows a deer in its mouth,,,but text says its a stag. ???? It cant be both.

Comment by Bill Strickland — April 20, 2017 @ 10:05

170. Why? This is not acceptably. Explain to me why it was killed. It wasn’t bothering anyone, eating what they normally do?

Comment by Waver — April 20, 2017 @ 12:04

171. Boy oh boy that’s a fine specimen . Don’t think I won’t to meet something that large.thanks for staring

Comment by Johnny Gay — April 20, 2017 @ 15:20

172. Not right should have been tranquilizer an relocated

Comment by Paula belknap DVM — April 20, 2017 @ 16:04

173. Why did they have to kill it. Why couldn’t they tranquilize it and take it to gator land or a zoo

Comment by Tammy smalldon — April 20, 2017 @ 17:11

174. I would like to know, why were they “forced” to kill the animal? Did he attack the helicopter?

Comment by Linda Stendahl — April 20, 2017 @ 18:14

175. You can tell it’s photoshopped by the shadows on the ground- notice the truck bed shadow & the police officers? Not too difficult to sort out, really 🙄

Comment by CJustine — April 20, 2017 @ 19:31

176. This is an old picture that has been circulating for years. The gator pictured that was dead was actually taken in Texas years ago.

Comment by Maureena Lucas — April 20, 2017 @ 21:47

177. That’s a lot of shoes and handbags!

Comment by Rita — April 21, 2017 @ 05:31

178. Why kill the gator? You going to kill everything in the wild just because its out there?

Comment by Bernard Miller — April 21, 2017 @ 10:24

179. That’s odd that “6-5” game warden is barley taller then tail gate on the back of that truck. 😂

Comment by Ry — April 21, 2017 @ 10:37

180. Why kill it? Let it be.

Comment by Nativebrave — April 21, 2017 @ 12:22

181. Why kill it? Let it be.

Comment by Danny Santiago — April 21, 2017 @ 12:24

182. “Look, a big alligator! Let’s kill it!”

Disgusting pitiful excuses for humans, let alone game wardens who should respect natural, not murder it for being no more dangerous than any other gator. How many years you think it took to be that successful in life? It was probably older than Warden Dipshit’s parents.
    I vote we fire the wardens who kill things to make up for their small dicks like they clearly did.

Comment by Sylverclaws — April 21, 2017 @ 14:27

183. Why ? For what reason ? Those animals havé survived so long and now you kill Them
    You Are sick mad awful fools murderers

Stop that immediatly

Comment by Claire Loridan — April 22, 2017 @ 06:00

• Claire… grammar please. looks like you wrote we murder sick mad awful fools. I am pretty sure you did not mean that. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 22, 2017 @ 09:37

184. That is one very large gator and could easily kill am adult never mind a child.

Comment by Lisa — April 22, 2017 @ 09:01

185. That’ not a Florida Wildlife officers uniform in the last pic and the record for an American alligator is only 15 ft

Comment by Roy — April 22, 2017 @ 09:58

186. Now that’s a big gator.

Comment by Al Brown — April 22, 2017 @ 16:48

187. Bull shit on 28ft Gator. Biggest gator in The World is 15ft. Yes, that is a big lizard but nowhere near 28 feet. Croc’s get much bigger than Gators, but doubt even Croc’s get that big…

Comment by Capt Ron — April 22, 2017 @ 18:02

188. And why did they have to kill it ???

Comment by Julie Brickell — April 22, 2017 @ 19:50

189. Why were they “forced” to kill it? Could they not have taken it to a zoo or sanctuary? A magnificent creature

Comment by Pam Sweitzer — April 22, 2017 @ 20:18

190. Why check snooooopppsss check the newspaper of that town to find out facts

Comment by Sandi Wanek — April 22, 2017 @ 20:55

191. Poor creature 😓 If only they could’ve called the Gator Boys (😚) out or at minimum tranquilized and brought him to sanctuary. Why humans always feel they are more important than others (not limited to non-humans, which is still mind-boggling) and that “allows or gives them the right” to make decisions for beings that they have no power over. Yes, gators are wild and you should give them their space and use the utmost caution but at least attempt to rescue instead of immediately going for the kill.

Comment by Willow — April 22, 2017 @ 21:04

192. Holy cow!!! Thst’s a big one!!! It is now 10:30 and I am pooped. Worked outside for a good while today. It’s a good tired though. I got something accomplished. Gonna try to work in my new garden tomorrow. It was still pretty mushy today. Talk tomorrow. Have a peaceful sleep. Love you. When is tulip time?

Comment by Barb — April 22, 2017 @ 22:27

193. Why did they have to kill this one?
    It is suck that humans kill Animals without having the need to use them for survival.If you live on a lake you know you got to share with Gators. And Humans kill a lot more Deer hen Gators. You go to jail if you kill a Cat or a Dog but it’s ok to kill anything​ else 🤔

Comment by Sabine — April 23, 2017 @ 08:38

194. Well, I just googled it and it said largest alligator caught in The America’s was 16’4″. I’ve seen this story saying different lengths. Since I’m seeing the source was Snopes I knew it had to be a lie because that’s what they do. So I checked it out. See for yourself…
    FAKE News is what Snopes does.

Comment by Sus — April 23, 2017 @ 09:19

• Why do you jump to a concussion like that. I can say snopes check the fact I have a fourty pound left testical and found it true. That is not true, my testical is not over 15 pounds, but you get the point Sus. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 23, 2017 @ 10:28

195. I checked it out on Google also. If you check out Google you will see the story is not true. The largest alligator ever caught in the America’s was 16’4″. If reports are from Snopes you know they can not tell the truth. I don’t know why they do this? the same picture had appeared on other stories saying different lengths, that why I’m encouraging you to Google it. Fake News is all they know how to do.

Comment by Adam Dale — April 23, 2017 @ 09:36

196. Why did the gator have to be killed? Why not relocated?

Comment by Kristi — April 23, 2017 @ 09:55

197. Oh boohoo let’s just think we can give someone a flower and talk peace and they will be peaceful !! Yea right !! And let’s go apologies for Hiroshima !! Did they apologies for Pearl Harbor !! And what happened to competition? We make our children wimps by not making them strive to be the best they can be , whether in sports or in academics.Oh Johnny you didn’t win or score high enough but here’s a trophy for showing up and trying 😝PLEASE what a joke !!

Comment by Florida Cracker — April 23, 2017 @ 10:16

• Hey Florida Cracker… good try dude(ette) but you miss the prize as you forgot to make sure you slams were factual or at least partially so. To many untrue things so easily checked take away points. Sorry go back to troll class and put in some sweaty feet effort. 😉 hey the internet works under the bedsheets where you hang out right? So google things before you step out into the wide webby thing trying to impress people who do use their minds. Be well, say hello to your daddy when he changes your diaper. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 23, 2017 @ 10:25

• Awe low blows that comes from a man who blows other men go back and dress in mommies clothes !!

Comment by Florida Cracker — April 23, 2017 @ 11:05

• 🙂 Dear as soon as your brother takes them off. Oh Cracker, you should know you can’t troll gay men by saying they suck dick… OF course I learned from your daddy, and he was confused about why your sister had a dick, until you told him it was your brother. However I am quite proud of how well I have sex with people of my same species and gender, as you might if you could find any of yours. How are the calves in your area, do you satisfy them? Well what you learned in grade school on your third time in 6th grade gives you time to practice your art. Well I have to go, my husband is waiting to see if my skill is as great as it was, he said to thank you for a great Sunday idea. Do play nice on the short bus, and don’t worry about everyone knowing you wet the bed, you just tell them you are “oh so special”. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 23, 2017 @ 12:25

198. Why kill him why not rejoined him

Comment by Julie — April 23, 2017 @ 15:33

199. I’ve seen the last picture, this same picture of the super giant gator hanging over and over and over…. first it was in my home state, AL, then MS, then LA now FL
    ….. people confirm facts first!! The first 2 pictures might be true, but the last one has been used over and over and over again!!

Comment by Mel — April 23, 2017 @ 23:44

200. SOooooo WHY KILL, just because it was eating it’s meal? It’s lived a long life not bothering anyone! Good grief! Power-trips abound! 😡😡

Comment by Barb Phipps — April 24, 2017 @ 10:34

201. I have to call BS… That picture has been allegedly from every lake in the country. Also the TV call letters east of the Mississippi all start with W and not K.

Comment by Todd — April 24, 2017 @ 11:52

202. There’s no reason to put that damn Gator down. It didn’t know any better. Walk around swim around eat. ?? But since it’s huge let’s kill it instead of capturing and relocating it to a zoo or somewhere. That Gator is beautiful. If they had all these calls and dismissed them of SIGHTINGS and not KILLINGS then they should have acted differently. It’s doing what it was born to do. No reason to kill it off. What the fuck.

Comment by Morgan swafford — April 24, 2017 @ 13:00

203. Why did they kill this amazing animal?

Comment by Candy — April 24, 2017 @ 14:06

204. I’m sorry but the gator was only doing what comes naturally. Why did he have to be killed. A tranquilizer dart and large truck would have been sufficient to relocate the animal.

Comment by john — April 24, 2017 @ 20:58