June 27, 2016

Mormon Leader: I Can Prove Joseph Smith Used “Seer Stones” Because I Have an iPhone

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 23:59

Sent from my iPad,
Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. I pulled up that guy’s Facebook post regarding the seer stones. I swear, every LDS person who commented sounded like they were all robots programmed by the same designer. There wasn’t one free thought among them. I found those even more backwards and alarming than what their leader posted.

Comment by Charity — June 28, 2016 @ 15:27

• Hello Charity. I figure they are told what to respond with and how many posts they should look into and other ways to make their religion look better and to counter any negative talk. I so agree with you, it is alarming. That means not only are they being told as a group how to respond, it shows that they are not thinking for themselves. Thanks for the comment. Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2016 @ 15:59

• I’ve never been Mormon, but I can tell you what it’s like to be brainwashed. When you hear garbage all of the time, you tend to automatically refer to the rubber stamp answers given to you at home and in the church. You don’t even realize that you’re being robotic or cliche’. Reading those comments actually made me sad for them, everyone of them. I’ve been debating back and forth about starting another blog. I actually have one picked out on my account, but it’s title could present a lot of issues for me. However, my therapist says that I need more positive input in my life before we begin the EMDR therapy. Because it addresses the negative, I need more of the positive so that I do not become overwhelmed.

Comment by Charity — June 28, 2016 @ 17:54

• Yes I can understand that. Also I think you have a lot to add to any conversation, and I would enjoy hearing your ideas on issues. I also agree with what you said about repeating what is drummed into you, as they tried it with us kids in the church highschool I went to. However for some of us it did not take as well as for others. I know people who have lived all their lives and never once questioned anything in the bible, nothing. They simply never looked at it objectively, and they depended on it always being right, correct, and spoon fed to them. They repeated what had been inserted into them. Thanks and hugs.

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2016 @ 18:00

• Agreed, Scottie. I also think that the longer you’re in it, the harder it is to leave. Personally, it seems that the religiosos take advantage of those who are used, abused and physically and mentally sick.

Is this world scary? Yes, but at least it’s real and I prefer that over the fantasy that’s really not that great to begin with.

Comment by Charity — June 28, 2016 @ 18:06

• I so agree, you said it so well. See you do need to start that blog. The world can be very scary, especially if you are alone. I have Ron to love me, take care of me, and befriend me. A woman in the park I live in needed help with her computer. I went over and fixed it, and got her going. She now calls me and tells me the things going on in her life. Not all the time, but one a week or every two weeks. I figured it out. She is lonely. She felt she had no one in the world who cared. I showed her I cared when I fixed all her computer issues. So now she calls me every now and again, and I listen, I respond and I encourage her. If more or these people yelling about bible verses would do that .. they would have conquered the world by now. Be a friend, help those in need , be a good neighbor. Yes it takes a bit of time, and in truth it takes a bit of heart. But it has not hurt me even slightly to show I care. Maybe that is what being a human is? I don’t have all the answers, but I know that being willing to listen cures a lot of heartache. Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2016 @ 18:14

2. Didn’t Joseph Smith’s own people murder him?

Comment by Robert A. Vella — June 28, 2016 @ 16:57

• Hello Robert. They did? I didn’t know that , but I can see why they would. I read he like young..I mean young girls and married a bunch of them.. god wanted him to have them young enough so he could raise them to be the wives of his dream… OH sad yuck! If I had been one of the dads or even one of the young girl kids.. I would have killed him. Let me know what more I missed on this scamming scum. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2016 @ 17:16

• I’m no expert on Mormons, but from what I understand he and his followers settled in a few areas of the Midwest and attempted to take over those communities which unsurprisingly angered the previous residents. The ensuing conflicts became so violent that Smiths’s own people eventually turned on him. After he was killed, the Mormons fled to Utah where Brigham Young successfully established their new society in that territory.

I could be wrong on the details, though.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — June 28, 2016 @ 19:09

• Hello Robert. I know very little and you have more information than I. So I will agree with you. I think the way you describe it could be very true. Look if you followed a guy you figured out was a scam artist and he kept getting everyone you cared about hurt.. you would get rid of him and take over.. I know I would. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 28, 2016 @ 19:19