June 30, 2016

Ron cut my hair and beard … new pictures of me

Filed under: My Life and Rants, Pictures — Scottie @ 13:51

I hated how long my hair had gotten.  I love my eye doctor and he is so nice a man, but I was embarrassed that he had to keep moving my hair out of my eye with his finger.   He was nice and tender, but still he shouldn’t have to do it.   Ron hated how bushy my beard had gotten, he likes beards trimmed tight and neat.  I do like the look of a big full beard but I also don’t like shaggy or scraggy.   I like it full, long enough to grab a hand full, but not looking like I had no access to trimmers and scissors.   So as Ron is my barber he tackled the project.   This is the result.  I never get worried about hair as it grows back, well still grows back, some day it may not.   As a kid I had no say in my hair.  For a while to save money I was given home hair cuts by people who never should hold clippers.  They simply ran   them at my head, sometimes holding me down by force if I tried to avoid the bald spots and hack job that was being done.   I learned by 2nd grade to ignore the teasing and my head with its mangled hair was more proof of my abuse.  Adults seemed to treat me very kindly especially after every home hair cut.   Well that is long long ago.   Ron is a very good hair cutter.   He had owned his own beauty shop and had a licence in all the hair and nail stuff.   He has gotten older now, and has the tremors and shakes both of us have gotten with age.  He still does a great job.  Maybe I am biased, maybe it is the love we share.  He still cuts my hair and I still think I look grand.  Take a look.  Be honest, don’t worry about hurting my feelings.   I am either vain enough or insecure enough to want to know what you think.  Be well, be happy.   Many hugs

1. very nice, so handsome

Comment by SaintPaulieGirrrll! — June 30, 2016 @ 15:28

• Thank you, Thank you so much, SPG you are far too kind and nice. I almost lost this great comment. I hit some weird thing on the keyboard and it was gone. I managed to go through the admin setting and found it. I couldn’t make it reappear, I hope this will do it. Oh I do thank you again for a nice comment on pictures of an old man. be well, be happy, and many hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2016 @ 15:33

• i’m older than you.

Comment by SaintPaulieGirrrll! — June 30, 2016 @ 15:40

• Really ?? I wouldn’t have guessed it. For what you told me you have had a hard life, yet you wear it very well. I had thought from the picture you shared you were far younger than me. 🙂 I love it. If my memories hold I can chat with you on the stuff that happened in the late 70’s, and 80’s. Be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2016 @ 15:43

• i’m 56. lol, the the golden age of disco.

Comment by SaintPaulieGirrrll! — June 30, 2016 @ 15:47

• Ah .. that is not to much older than me. Ron also grew up in disco. Then when he got to be trumps butler he met a lot of celebrities, including Donna Summers. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2016 @ 15:52

2. Looking good! I am rather fond of long hair (hubby’s is blonde and literally down to his waist, I’m jealous). But you were in that awkward phase which is so annoying!

Comment by heretherebespiders — June 30, 2016 @ 15:43

• Oh yes. I tried to grow mine long a few years ago. I managed to get it past my shoulders. However I had it parted in the middle which Ron dislikes. He also had not cut it to grow long, so it was always in my face, in my mouth. So I gave in and let him cut it short. He likes my hair medium length, not long and not short. So I went to back to side parting. Then when it got long again, it was in my eyes constantly and I hate that. Blocked vision. SO rather than cut it so it was out of my eyes, Ron asked if he could shorten it up for summer… ?? Ya right. I gave in and let him cut it as he likes. I know it will grow if I am not happy with the look. I think it is grand when some is happy with their hair. Often I will admire someone’s hair only to find out that they hate it. Thanks for the nice complement. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2016 @ 15:50

3. Looking Good My Brother!!

Comment by randy — June 30, 2016 @ 16:51

• Wonderful. Thanks brother! I am styling! Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — June 30, 2016 @ 16:54

4. Too much mucking about for me these days. Set the clipper to Number 4 and away y’go!
    😉

Comment by Arkenaten — July 1, 2016 @ 08:30

• LOL.. 🙂 See Ron like the tight, strict lined, college professor or CEO look. I like the country bumpkin, big thick beard, trimmed to not look scraggy. However he is my barber and stylist, he gets a lot of say in how it be. I like that I only save my neck every few days, the rest I just let grow. Be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 1, 2016 @ 12:01