July 22, 2016

RNC So Gay: Male Escorts Rake It In and Craigslist Sees Surge in Hook-Up Ads – Towleroad

Filed under: News, Political, Questions, Sex — Scottie @ 12:06

Cleveland has been teaming with gay sex ever since the Republican National Convention came to town, according to reports.

Source: RNC So Gay: Male Escorts Rake It In and Craigslist Sees Surge in Hook-Up Ads – Towleroad

1. Republicans and hypocrisy go together like peas and a pods.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — July 22, 2016 @ 12:11

• Yes…funny that the party that screams most against anything LGBT, is the party so much into doing anything LGBT. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 12:32

2. Well, Cleveland is a very gay-friendly city! Used to be that one neighbourhood was second highest LGBT population in America. I miss that place, actually! Cleveland does rock.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 15:07

• I did not know that. Maybe Ron and I should make a trip up there. I was just thinking republicans pretending to be straight is the same as the trumps trying to pretend they are regular working just making it folk. Good to hear from you. I was getting worried about you. Be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:23

• I’m okay, just not feeling very sociable of late. I’m making an effort! Yes, Lakewood Ohio is part of Cleveland, it is brilliant. If you live there it is like Europe- you can actually work and have a social life and shop and never need a car.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 16:30

• I like it. The idea sounds grand. I loved my time in Germany. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:32

• Well, I just googled it – apparently it’s a bit of a rumour (I tried to move there many times, couldn’t afford it or no pets). But it is still a vibrant place to live. Now I see Ohio City (the area I moved to Ireland from) has a higher gay population! Go figure. Well, the houses were smaller and nicer 🙂

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 16:38

• Yes that is important being able to afford to live. We had a nice home in West Palm Beach and we had to move to the west coast because we couldn’t afford the jumps in property tax and insurance. Be well and happy. Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:42

• Well that IS how they tax you in Florida!

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 16:44

• Yes, we moved into a mobile home park where you own your home but not the land that way you pay no tax on your home and you don’t own the real property it sits on so you have no responsibility that way either. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:46

• I hope the feeling you have passes soon. We need you in the conversations. Thinking of you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:33

• Me too. I’m not doing great with the no-smoking/drinking thing, and I’m disappointed with myself about it. And my best friend irritated me yesterday but I can’t explain to her why, without sounding like an utter bitch.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 16:41

• That quitting smoking is hard! You are tackling both things the body is use to at once. Ouch. You are braver than I am. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:44

• I think your friend will understand. You are going through a rough patch but you are still the grand person you always were and are. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:47

• No, she has a new baby so her whole world is sunshine and happiness. She used to be fun to talk to, now it is baby baby baby. I can only be happy for her for so long before I want to talk about adult stuff again. But when I do…I get ridiculous advice to not watch the news, it’s depressing. As if that changes facts. Heavy sigh.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 16:53

• I understand. I know people who don’t watch news, read newspapers, or magazines. They simply refuse to learn what is going on. They either want to gossip, or gossip, and after they gossip they want me to tell them gossip. If I try to talk about local or national news they simply look blank and go back to gossiping about everyone in the park.

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:59

• So…they still want news, just not anything of any importance. Well I’m regretting I said the world is going to shit – to her – but I’ve been paying attention since I was a kid and yeah, it seems pretty damn scary right now.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 17:02

• Well the park I am in is a senior ( adults over 55 park ) and the gossip can be vicious. Plus anything they do watch is mostly fox news …yes that fox… and they send racist bigoted emails to each other. Heck a bunch still use AOL. 🙂 You want adult conversation, that I can understand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 17:06

• Oh my – how can you stand it?!?

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 17:11

• I try not to be in any of the cliques.. I was on the homeowners board for four years, and we use to go to club house functions and stuff. But we stopped having people over to the house for cards and game nights because if we invited this one, then that one wouldn’t come, and you had to know which couples were fighting and which people couldn’t be invited at the same time, which ones would drink too much and start a problem with either their spouse or others at the party. Don’t get me started on who can’t stand who’s cooking and who is jealous of whose new car! At bingo we had to be careful where we sat as if we sat with one group , a different group would be upset with us, and if we sat too close to some people those who wanted to sit with us would make a fuss and try to get us to move. So we threw one more grand thanksgiving, invited 41 people, and had a huge celebration, I announced I was resigning my seat on the board, we then withdrew from the club house stuff, stopped going to bingo and any functions and Ron and I did great with each other and friends not in the park. I help out people in the park who have computer problems when I can and I see a lot of the older ladies in the park that way. 🙂 Oh and little dogs. If you go to a ladies home and she has a little dog, you may think you are there to work on her computer, show her how to get to her favorite site and stuff…nope you are there to hold her hyperactive miniature dog in your lap and try to keep it from licking your face and knocking off your glasses as you try to see around a jumping miniature tornado in your lap ( whose paws keep hitting your man parts causing jolts of pain.) If you put fifi down then the lady will say ..” oh look she loves you, here just hold her for a while and she will be quiet again”….talk about pulling my beard !!! 🙂 be well. be happy, I am glad to talk with you again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 17:30

• Oh my that is one of the funniest things I’ve read in ages! I can’t imagine! So little to do with your life that making up silly rules is better than having fun! Wow. I feel so sorry for people who retire with that to look forward to.
        SO GLAD you two knew to get out of it! Mad altogether.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 17:37

• Yes ! and don’t get them started on which shuffleboard team is the best or who cheats at what…I guess the newest scandal is that a portion of the park did not like who was doing the summer cooking for weekend meals and breakfasts. So they refused to come to those events and instead demanded equal access and time to the hall and kitchen so they could run their own meals … they charge a stupid $1.50 for pancakes on Sat morning and $5.00 for a supper on sunday. But it is old folks so they don’t eat anything but a few bites. Oh and NEVER get talked into a pot luck. 80 to 100 people will sign up, 20 will bring food, 10 will bring plastic forks, 30 will bring a bag of chips… and everyone goes hungry and unhappy! And they watch each other like hawks…how else can they gossip about people after???? 🙂 Ah life in the old folks park in Florida. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 17:45

• Oh my god/dog! My grandparents used to live in a park in Hialeah. I remember she got pissy with me because I won at bingo and she made me pay my entrance fee back. I was not happy with that! I was about 7… Such focus on things that mean nothing. And they all vote. Scary.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 17:49

• LOL..I saw two older ladies in their 80’s get into a fight over a quarter at bingo. both called bingo at the same time and one was sure the other got a quarter more than she did. They started arguing and then degenerated into a slap fight. They take their bingo seriously these old ladies. I got into trouble because I took a quarter and threw it in the air and yelled “fetch”. I also told them they were acting like “trailer trash “. The really stupid part of the whole thing…both women were well off and did not need money, but both claimed it was the “principle” of the thing. Neither was going to let the other cheat them out of a quarter. 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 18:06

• Oh yes they vote.. normally the way fox news tells them. Sad. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 18:06

• Horrifying. And no hope to be had.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 18:07

• I just posted a comment on Arks blog about the spider he was holding. What do you think of it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 18:14

• so she is narrowing her world to just the baby.. she is forgetting you were HER friend not the babies. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 16:59

• It’s her third…I’ve been dealing with it for many years!

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 22, 2016 @ 17:01

• Oh wow. Sorry. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 22, 2016 @ 17:02

3. a honey needs to make some money somehow sista!

Comment by markiedaninja — January 17, 2017 @ 01:53