July 25, 2016

Swirl in the City

Filed under: News, People I like — Scottie @ 23:53

I’d really like for this to be my last time writing about Black Lives Matter. With that being said, however, I understand that right now my voice is one of the most important. A couple weeks ago, a…

Source: Swirl in the City

This was written by a grand young man on https://gaysinthelife.wordpress.com/ .  I enjoy reading his posts.   Lately he has been worried and I don’t blame him.  See he is black.  I can not fully understand what he is going through, what fears and pressures he is feeling.  See my skin is white, and I am an old man in a mostly white area.  I say that to simply explain why I don’t fully understand, not to say it is in anyway proper that he should have to feel as he does.   No one should make another feel those fears and pressures.   I admire him and am sorry this is happening to him and his husband.   Yes it affects his husband also.   I want to point out one very important thing to everyone.  Just because you hear “all lives matter” and “blue lives matter” that doesn’t mean that black lives should matter less.   The reason we have the phrase “black lives matter” is because some people horribly think that they do not matter and that is proven sadly by the many dead black people by police.   No one should be treated as we have seen many black people treated in many videos and witness testimony.  Yes other lives matter, but those others are not suffering what we are seeing the black people suffer.   The fact is what our black brothers and sisters are suffering through is something that affects all of us.   Also all of us are the solution.   Start treating others as you want to be treated.  Start seeing others as you want to be seen.   Start caring.   Be a part of the solution not part of the problem.   One last thing.  IF a person who happens to be black wishes to talk to you about their fears, don’t blow them off.  Listen to them and try to understand.   I know I will.   I wish both of these young men the world of happiness and a very long joint life.   Be well, Hugs

1. Bravo.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — July 26, 2016 @ 00:01

2. As I have often said in my house “Just because you don’t understand someone else’s pain doesn’t mean that his/her pain isn’t legitimate.” The original intent of “Black Lives Matter” isn’t saying “only Black Lives matter”, but “Black Lives Matter too!”

(BTW, that was an excellent article you posted recently about a Black Republican politician.)

Comment by Charity — July 26, 2016 @ 00:28

• Hello Charity , you make an excellent comment. Well said and so very true. You are a special person. You suffer so much yourself, yet you have such love, care, and concern for others. Most people who suffer as you do would not be able to show such warmth and concern for others as you do. You are really a grand person. I am very fortunate to have met you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 26, 2016 @ 12:39

• The pleasure is all mine really. It’s so difficult for us to find like minded people. When we do, we need to encourage and care for each other. My WordPress heathen friends are my family and I love everyone of you!

Know that not everyone seeks for you to fail. Many of us are excited about your accomplishments because you totally matter to us. Love speed, Scottie.

Comment by Charity — July 26, 2016 @ 14:12

• Thank you very much Charity. I did something this morning I have not felt up to doing in a while. I cooked breakfast ( at 2 in the afternoon ) for Ron and James. I fried up some bacon, I sliced up some potatoes and seasoned them with Fajita, All season, Italian herbs, and a bit of pepper. I cooked up a slab of ham in the same mix, and then I made eggs to order and toast. They loved it. I was wiped out and had to go lay down so they had to do the clean up. But it felt so good to be able to do something to make them happy. I was floating even through the pain. I think you know what I am trying to say. I meant it when I say you’re an inspiration, you don’t quit , you not only keep going, you do for other. Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 26, 2016 @ 15:28