July 31, 2016

stunned , I am just confused and confounded

Filed under: Ideas, My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 00:38

I am reading the comments on a blog about BLM.  I am stunned at the hate, the misinformation attempts, the using of church doctrine to minimise black lives.   I am sorry. I try to limit my intake of hate and visceral.   But I also try to read others blogs and comments, and to try to understand what the commenters are saying.   I really like when a person I know online advises me to check out a blog, or a web site.  However sometimes I get into a blog and the comments are so hateful, I have to back away and say , hey I don’t want that acid on me.  Oh well.  I know there are many types in this world and I can’t make one or two types I dislike go away.  So I have to find a way to engage them, defeat their views, and yet not let their anger , their hate, their acid, get on me.  I am still learning.  I welcome the advice from those who have been doing this far longer than me.  Hugs

1. What I admire is that there are people out there (you know who they are) who take the time and make an effort to challenge the thinking of those toxic people. I think it’s important that they realize that their views on life (the toxic ones) are extreme and unpopular and that they need to do a re-think. Since I have been reading these sorts of blogs (the last three years) there have been those who’ve changed their minds and realized that their fundamentalist way of looking at the world is wrong. I think we need to credit a few people in the blogosphere who actively promote rational, logical thinking and try – sometimes through confrontation, sometimes through satire, sometimes through humour – to make the world a better place. My hat goes off to them; it’s a full-time job!

Comment by Carmen — July 31, 2016 @ 01:02

• Yes I agree. I guess in the limited time I have been following all of you ( generally meaning Ark and that group, which I am very glad to have met, more than I can say ) I have seen much I admire, and seen the way you are able to “destroy” those who want to prove hate. As a general statement you guys are smart, funny, unwilling to compromise on harm to others. You are people I admire! You said we need to credit the few… YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW! Really it was your concern and caring that drew me into the wonderful online world I am now in. I just spent two days with Robert explaining the solar system to me. It was grand! Everyone teaches me something and I am so happy and grateful. But you should know you’re a leader in this group and should never doubt what you can do and have done. Yes it is a full time job and I also admire them. But without heart, which you have and you show.. it wouldn’t matter. For example my son was miffed today because I was in a different room and without thinking called for milo, who was in his lap. Milo jump down and ran to me. I was glad. My son was upset because he said “you’re the only one in the house who can call them and they come to you”. Yes because I share my heart with them , not just sometimes but all day and night. I make room so they can sleep with me. So when I call they do come. It is their choice to.
      You are like that I think. You have heart, and you give that love, day or night, to anyone. The world would be a lot better with a lot more of you in it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 31, 2016 @ 01:23

• May we never lose our mentors, eh Scottie? Hugs to you, too. You are one in a million.

Comment by Carmen — July 31, 2016 @ 01:30

• 😉 Thanks, I have never been described that way. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 31, 2016 @ 01:40

2. Dont worry scottie, im confused about alot of what passes for christian communication these days.
    I know i dont post much about blm or gay rights or lgbt issues. I am silent mostly because as a recently deconverted fundy Christian, I’m still trying wrap my braid and heart around these very emotional issues.
    Of course, black lives matter. Of course all lives matter too. As I see it, no use in diluting the current issues that African Americans are having with police brutality and killings of unarmed Blacks by armed police by shouting down the blm movement with “all lives matter”.
    Of course gay people who just want to love who they want to love matter too. I believe government has no right interfering with marriage or love of any kind (except in cases of underage and non consentual) even hetero marriage is not mentioned by the constitution at all, especially as a “privilege” to be afforded or granted by the government. It’s a private ‘affair’, if you will excuse the word, between loving people. I didn’t always feel this way, but we evolve as people over time. I’d like to think I do anyway. Governments should step in to defend when people’s rights and freedoms are being unfairly enfringed upon. But over all, our rights don’t come permitted by the government, but defended by the government if need be.
    Right now, blm is shining a light on a problem that has been ignored and even covered up for a long time. Are there more numbers of whites killed by police in America every year? Yes. But the brutalization and killings of Black’s by police is a systemic issue that IS a race issue in addition to the rising general police brutality issue. It deserves an individual voice over the generic ‘all lives matter’, in my opinion

Comment by KIA — July 31, 2016 @ 01:04

• Hello Friend. You said it all very well. As I said recently on my own blog recently to a young black guy I respect..I can not begin to understand how you feel, because I am an older white man, in a nice area driving a old mans toyota van. I just don’t have the same feelings or worries he does. That doesn’t mean in any way that I disrespect his feelings or that his feelings are not important. I would be crazy if my child had to face the worries he does and his child will. It has to change.
      As to you sir. I respect you. I like your blog. I learn things from you.I guess I don’t see you with the labels you give your self. To me you are an interesting person with a life experience than not only colors your view, but enriches those who are willing to listen to you. I am! Your history and your journey through life is like all of us, it has meaning and it imparts meaning. It is worth hearing. I guess I should address the BLM thing.. but really I wanted to address the fact that KIA MATTERS to all of us that read your posts, your comments, and get a feel for what you think. Yes the black people and the Native Indian people have been abused by those in power. I don’t take your silence on these things to mean you like them, but there is a way and a time to address them. I thank you for being there to help me on my journey through life, and I hope if you need me I will be there for you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 31, 2016 @ 01:39

• I second Scottie’s wise and true words. :).

Comment by Carmen — July 31, 2016 @ 01:44

• Loves and hugs.. But in truth this is the first time anyone has said those words….and meant me 😉 🙂 many hugs and lots of love. Scottie

Comment by Scottie — July 31, 2016 @ 01:47

• Scottie, you are so awesome. Thank you for your kindness and Grace. Hugs and much love from Arizona brother

Comment by KIA — July 31, 2016 @ 09:04

• Grand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 31, 2016 @ 15:08

3. It’s so hard for a kind and loving person like yourself to be exposed to such sick ideas, such random hatred. I don’t want you to ever understand it, actually. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be aware of it – and you are. I would advise that you don’t interact with those awful people, as they have weapons designed just to cut to bleed, not to open up new ideas. There is no one like you, and I for one don’t want to find out some asshole is trying to hurt you.

Comment by heretherebespiders — July 31, 2016 @ 16:32