August 5, 2016

Cop Arrests Woman For Calling 911 On Him – YouTube

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Bigotry, Criminal, Harm, News, Questions, Race — Scottie @ 13:13

This is getting horrible common place. It seems non white people commit a crime simply by trying to assert their rights or disagreeing with a police officer. IT has now become a crime in the USA to disrespect a police officer. That is very very wrong. That is a police state. It also shows bigotry and disrespect on the police officers part as they react differently to a white person doing the same things. Plus it shows clearly how police will lie and distort the incidents to protect themselves, to show that they are never guilty of any crime or misdeed. It needs to stop. We need to go back to the idea that the police work for everyone in the community and they are there to serve and protect, not to act as an occupying military force. Hugs

1. I think he found her brains intimidating. He was probably threatened and considered her to be an “uppity n”. Just agree to disagree and quickly write the ticket while she makes the phone call and hand it to her calmly as you leave. She can then go to court to dispute it or just mail in her check. Or he could have just kept his hands to himself and waited for back up. As soon as he grabbed her I wanted to jump out of my chair. She didn’t yell at him, she didn’t even swear at him. She stayed by her car and kept her hands to herself. This is further proof that even when people are calm in broad daylight, they’ll get attacked or murdered for being Black. Due to the recent tragedies regarding Black lives this year, can anyone blame her for being extra cautious, especially as a woman? She even went through the trouble to pull into the parking lot of a busy strip mall. When you consider police brutality and cops turning up as stalkers and rapists targeting women, she did ALL THE RIGHT THINGS.

I swear, I can’t even talk to people around here about this stuff. A couple of people brought BLM up to me or around me last week and both were vehemently “ALL LIVES MATTER”. I’m just like “you don’t even get it” as I shake my head and walk away. BTW, both scenarios were at small beauty salons with heterosexual female stylists. Welcome to my world, where the “open minded” people act like this!

Comment by Charity — August 5, 2016 @ 13:53

• I am sorry to hear about what you have experienced. Hopefully those you meet have had their eyes opened and their minds expanded. You are a good influence on people. You said the comment better than anything I could have written. I agree with you on all of it. I also had trouble watching it when the police officer grabbed the woman. He had no right, no job requirement, no authority to touch her at that point. I had to stop it and walk away for a little while. I needed three tries to watch the video. Her panicked, painful, and fearful screams cut through me to my core. I know what it is like to plead for someone to take their hands off you, pleading for them to stop hurting you. I know the fear, the despair, and the soul numbing freezing of your mind, the running away of your self worth, the deadening of your emotions. I am sorry she had to go through that. The officer should face charges, and if retained on the force should have to go through intensive retraining. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 5, 2016 @ 14:15

2. Unfortunately it’s not just black who are the victims of police abusing constitutional rights. They just seem to get the press attention. There needs to be a separate movement to combat police brutality and militarism towards all people

Comment by KIA — August 5, 2016 @ 16:56

• Hello KIA. Thank you, I did not realize that the problem was spread to other ethnic or racial groups. I agree I do not like police abusing anyone, nor anyone’s rights. As you say it is almost twice a week we hear of it happening to black people. I have a young gay internet friend and he is very worried. I am offended deeply that he should be worried as he is a nice young person, he is working hard, has a good family life, he and his husband are working hard for the American dream. They are good people. So why should they have to have the burden of worrying about being a police victim. It upsets me. Yes we should have another one that says something like “stop all police misconduct” and that would go for everyone. Thank you. be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 5, 2016 @ 17:06

• I support the blm movement, not all the messengers, but the movement to make known the injustice and atrocities done by cops against blacks. I’m not for watering that down at all, but there needs to be awareness that it’s not limited to blacks and minorities.

Comment by KIA — August 5, 2016 @ 17:15

• I agree totally! The question is how? We don’t want to minimize the BLM movement, yet we want to let people know others are also victims. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 5, 2016 @ 17:38

• New movement?

Comment by KIA — August 5, 2016 @ 17:39

• Maybe? again how not to diminish one while promoting the other. I wonder if the two ideas could be rolled together? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 5, 2016 @ 17:40