August 7, 2016

A video where I apologize for feeling sorry for myself, talk about how good I have, tell a little about my health issues, some people I admire, and talk about my respect for Chelsea Manning.Let me know if you like it.

Filed under: Health, My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 15:13

1. Spot-on assessment of the Chelsea Manning/Edward Snowden cases. The military/intelligence community/executive branch (i.e. military-industrial complex) treatment of Manning reflects an intent to make an “example” out of her; that is, to send the clear message to any would-be whistle-blowers that nothing – not even the law – can protect them from government retribution. This criminal, mafia-like malevolence poignantly reveals that America’s ruling establishment fears its own domestic citizenry much more than any foreign threat – be it from non-state sponsored terrorism or from rival nations.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — August 7, 2016 @ 16:35

• There seems to be a world that is hidden from the rest of us. I can not imagine what her world must be like. The full force of the government enforced through the military in charge of every aspect of your life. With the added control over the most private parts of your body. What a horrible thing. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 7, 2016 @ 16:49

2. I somehow missed your “woe is me” post. I agree with Ark, I’d love to read more about you….says the girl who hasn’t posted anything on her blog because she’s a big chicken.

Do me a big favor. Please don’t mix alcohol with your medication. When I saw that post my heart sank. It really scared me. I’m sorry to be so preachy but that combination bothers me. If you’ve done your homework and I don’t know what I’m talking about, please let me know.

Your voice is awesome. You sound like a twenty something man, so young!

BTW, I dig beards. Your’s is great. Hubs has one and I love his! He’s my honey bear.

The cutting. Damn, that hurts me. I can’t imagine exactly what it’s like because I had different ways to respond to my pain. However, I understand that feeling of being overwhelmed, powerless and aching so bad it’s as though you don’t know how to respond to it. It’s like you’re searching for a release.

As far as that shout out for me…I’m so overwhelmingly humbled and honored. It’s A LOT of work, but we do what we can for the betterment of our babies, don’t we, sweetie?

If I’m not mistaken, you have an important medical appointment tomorrow. I hope it goes well and you quickly find some long lasting resolve.

You are loved, Scottie. Just be you, that’s perfect.

Comment by Charity — August 7, 2016 @ 21:44

• Hello Charity, Thank you. Yes you are correct on everything. I do have to be careful with the alcohol and my meds, I take powerful meds. I can have a limited amount but it is not worth it. Better just to enjoy life without, with the exception of a drink or two when out. Yes I have a very important appointment today. It is with my pain doctor. I need to address some issues and I want to see about the massage stuff you told me about. As for the cutting, I am OK, I won’t deny that sometimes if my mind gets locked in a loop or the vortex hits that I don’t think of it, but so far it has been over a year with no cutting. As for the shout out, it is the truth. One of the things that keeps me going is knowing how other people are handling their situations. Seeing people with problems as bad or worse than mine doing well, making it, is an inspiration. See I am so lucky, I have all I do and Ron takes such great care of me, that it is good to be reminded that others are suffering also. The world is not just about me, it is about all of us. Thanks again for the feedback and advice. Be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 8, 2016 @ 09:50

• Just got back from the doctor. Good news is I can have the massage with one cavate. No hard pushing or shifting near the spine especially the lower spine. No adjustments of the spine at all. The bad news. I now have a “severely” pinched nerve and a damaged or decaying joint. That is causing the pain. He wants another set of x-rays and another MRI. I told him I just had them last year and I couldn’t afford another round of each until january ( then we get our new flex spending card. ) Ron gets the max on his card and I have already gone through it. Everything now is coming out of pocket. I don’t know what joint as I got 11 shots and was not functioning right, Ron was almost asleep and did not catch it and the girl did not hear the doctor. SO I will ask in my next appointment. It is scheduled for 6 weeks unless I need to go in sooner. I had 11 shots down from the normal 14 to 16, but he said he put more medication in each shot. He also increased one of my pain meds to four times a day. IF that doesn’t work we have to double the dose and that will be a problem. So there we are. Good news is I can have the massage and if careful he says yes to the twice a day 15 minute floats. No twisting or bending. Yes I get a massage, I can’t wait. Thanks for suggesting it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 8, 2016 @ 13:39

• Sorry, I’m not liking it because of the pain part, but I do hope you get somewhere soon with all of this. I hope the massage therapist is skilled and quiet. A big mouth massage therapist is stressful. It sounds as though you’re just getting Swedish massages and not deep tissue. I believe those are very calming. I hope it provides you with both relief and comfort.

Comment by Charity — August 8, 2016 @ 23:56

• Hello Charity. I am sorry your massage therapist was that way. That a person like that is a therapist is stunning. I think the news I got was rather good news. That is why I wanted to share it with you. See the way I see it is now I have a better idea of why I can’t stand up, extend my leg, or walk right. I know more why I can’t get relief even laying down now. We know it is a pinched nerve and that they don’t think the hip joint is collapsed like happened with the other one. I can have a massage where for so long I was not to let anyone touch my back due to the fragile nature of some of my vertebrae. So yes I can’t have the deep massage, because he worried that might shift or injure the spine and if it did that the nerves that are already in trouble could be harmed more and not be able to fix. I understand so much about costs and the bills adding up. Oh I do understand. See he wanted me to have a MRI and more x-rays. I just can’t afford it. Not till January. SO they can’t tell me what to do to fix this until I can get the scans. A catch 22 as they say. But for me it was pretty much good news and to help me they increased my pain meds. I wanted you to know because you cared so much and you gave suggestions that actually may work out. You are going through something so painful and horrible and still have time to care about others. That is so grand. Oh and don’t worry about the shots, they are painful but they help so much. They make a huge difference so the small time of suffering them is worth it for the relief they give me. Thanks and hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 9, 2016 @ 09:04

3. Hi Scottie,
    Watched the video and enjoyed it – you have a way of analyzing/evaluating situations which make perfect sense. Keep up the great work! 🙂

Comment by Carmen — August 8, 2016 @ 01:21

• Thank you. I hope you are having fun with your family. Hope you feel better. Be well, hugs

Comment by Scottie — August 8, 2016 @ 09:37