September 5, 2016

Liberal Redneck – Black Lives Matter – YouTube

Filed under: Bigotry, Funny videos, History, Ideas, People I like, Political, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 12:23

Wow this is said better than I could ever have done. This guy is really smart and uses humor to get the point across. Hugs

1. Amazing video. To the point and straight up. Thx scottie

Comment by KIA — September 5, 2016 @ 12:32

• 🙂 be well, thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2016 @ 12:34

• I would like to add something else. As you said “Empathy is the foundation of truly civilized societies” and that is so true! I can’t not understand this need we have to make it a contest of us vr them, or to hate the “other”. Of course when one segment of the population is oppressed , we all are oppressed. I need to look it up, but once there was a written work about when they came for such group I did not stand up for them.. then when they came for me I did not have anyone to stand up for me. Well we need to stand up here and realise that a group of people have been paying with their lives for what the rest of us never gave a second thought to. A true story. As an 20 year old stationed at fort Gordon GA, I was getting 30 days leave before going overseas. Before anyone yells no way I was prior service transferred to the army. I was speeding totally, wrong of me , trying to get everything done so I could go on vacation. I was stopped. As the police officer got out of his cruiser I did everything wrong! I leaped out of my car, I started talking, I was just so excited. I even started to walk to meet him. He took my id and my military info, smiled and told me several things. One I was speeding but if I promised to not speed the rest of the day he would let me go. I said some really loud “yes Sir” as I had been taught in the army. He looked into the back of my car and seen the cooler I had ready to go holding soda, and he advised me strongly not to drink until I was done driving. He also mentioned I shouldn’t jump out of the car when stopped, even though he saw I was an eager happy young man he thought I should stay in the car if I was stopped again. Basicly what I am saying is I was a young white boy in the military. I was totally wrong, I was speeding like heck. The policeman was totally correct and I had no excuses. But what if I had been black. I shudder now to think how bad that could have gone for me. I wouldn’t have made it passed the car door before being shot. Sorry but that is how white privilege works. I got away with being a stupid dumb half mature kid who did something wrong because I was white. We need to fix this problem. Thanks and hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2016 @ 12:54

• I’m not sure what it’s going to take brother. I’ve had those kind of experiences too.

Comment by KIA — September 5, 2016 @ 13:42

• 🙂 hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2016 @ 16:52

2. Reblogged this on The Recovering Know It All and commented:
    Reblogging this because… Damn, don’t it tell the Truth? I’m a Kansas boy from the Midwest who grew up more Hick than Redneck. Don’t hate, there is a difference. It’s just that hicks don’t know enough to tell it, and Rednecks don’t give a Damn to care about it. (Sorry, old country boy joke) Enjoy the post, Think for Yourself and have a great Labor Day. -kia

Comment by KIA — September 5, 2016 @ 12:39

• Thanks and I left a comment on your blog. I lived back in the country ( easier to hide your sins that way) and we were always looked at as rather backward “farm folk” or as the kids put it.. “cow kids”. Oh well we live , we learn and hopefully we gain empathy for each other. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2016 @ 13:05

• Sorry, I reblogged it again, a bit different but I hope people visit your blog and comment also.

Comment by KIA — September 5, 2016 @ 13:08

• Oh I love reblogs. You may use anything on my blog you like. It makes me feel really good when people think what I post is worth not only reading but also putting on their own blogs. So you made me feel great. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2016 @ 16:57

• I thought it was an important message and perspective.

Comment by KIA — September 5, 2016 @ 17:06

3. […] Scotties Toy Box […]

Pingback by Reblogging “Liberal Redneck – Black Lives Matter” | The Recovering Know It All — September 5, 2016 @ 13:03