September 7, 2016

standard technique

Filed under: Economics, Greed, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 14:49

defunding

1. a.k.a. neoliberalism

Comment by Robert A. Vella — September 7, 2016 @ 17:21

• Really? I thought it was conservatives that were in to privatizing all the government run services? Jeb Bush sure did it as much as possible here in FLorida when he was the Gov. Nearly ruined any government agency that went private sector run. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 7, 2016 @ 17:23

• You misunderstand. “Neoliberalism” is a descriptor for economic policy, not for politics. Think laissez-faire capitalism.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — September 7, 2016 @ 17:26

• Oh, thanks. I was thinking of how they were using it for Neonazis . I was never really sure how to use the prefix neo- as it seemed to change the meaning of the root word in ways I clearly don’t understand. Thanks . I can’t understand the push to make all government private. Really I know it is to give their business friends money, but it takes away the benefit of the government service in question. It takes away state control to make the service better and improve it. It always ends up cost the people who use the service more money for less service. There simply are somethings that need to be non profit. Education and health care are two I can think of. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 7, 2016 @ 17:32

• >>> “It always ends up cost the people who use the service more money for less service.”

Now you’re catching on. Corporations and very wealthy people benefit who use their money and power to shape our politics.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — September 7, 2016 @ 17:38

• I was thinking I heard somewhere that every civilization eventually moves the power of the government to the wealthy, which leads to such a wealth discrepancy that the system either fails or the people revolt. I think our system is so biased to the upper income, the wealthy that i is on the verge of complete breakdown. As revolt really is not a possible option, what can be done realistically to reverse this trend? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 7, 2016 @ 17:50