September 30, 2016

Here’s why you can’t see all twelve black dots in this optical illusion – The Verge

Filed under: Questions, Science — Scottie @ 00:21

Try this! At first I could only see four max, I kept trying and got six.  I was about to give up when I noticed a 7th one.  I don’t know how it is done.  I bet the photographers out there know, but is sure is a mystery to me , even after reading the article.   Many hugs.  Let me know how you do.

Source: Here’s why you can’t see all twelve black dots in this optical illusion – The Verge

1. Weird. I’ve got poor peripheral vision apparently and saw all 12.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — September 30, 2016 @ 01:10

2. That was weird. I saw the dots one by one, but could not see them all at once

Comment by KIA — September 30, 2016 @ 01:52

• I never got all of them. I think I got up to five or six at a time. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2016 @ 11:07

3. I followed an interesting link. Try this one http://qz.com/779421/how-to-see-all-the-dots-in-the-12-dot-optical-illusion/

Comment by KIA — September 30, 2016 @ 02:02

• Yes I have seen that one. It amazes me the way the brain and eyes work. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2016 @ 11:07

• Pattern seeking and even creating creatures we are

Comment by KIA — September 30, 2016 @ 11:12

4. I saw them all as well.

Comment by Arkenaten — September 30, 2016 @ 19:17

5. the trick is to shrink the picture, or walk away from the picture before looking at it. you will see that there are no dots. your brain creates from.

Comment by dougl61 — September 30, 2016 @ 22:19