October 12, 2016

A meal for the Knight in shining armor in my life.

Filed under: My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 19:21

So I wanted to do something special for Ron on our anniversary.  So while he slept I got out two types of sausage, a package of bacon, a couple of ham steaks, eggs, and bread for toast.   Then I took extra medications, and went to work.  I cooked the bacon two different ways.   Some like it cooked crisp and some soft, as we have fussy eaters here.   Then the sausage patties and links.   Then I went down and woke Ron and when he came out gave him his tea.  I made him Irish Breakfast tea.  He drinks his with nothing added, I add one Splenda packet and a dash of milk.  Then while he sat and munched on the already cooked meats, I dropped the ham in the pan and got the egg pan ready.  I was still doing well.  I made Ron his eggs over easy, added his toast.   I put the two ham steaks on the table.      Then I made James’s eggs, his also over easy, but James is on a detox diet so he only wanted the eggs. Then I did my eggs and my toast.  By the time I went to sit, I couldn’t bend my left hip.  So we all ate and had a great time talking.  Then James went to his room as he said he was tired.   I started to clean up and Ron sat and talked with me.  When Ron seen I couldn’t bend down anymore he got the storage bags to put the left over meats in, and he put them away.   I was half way through doing the dishes when my left leg gave out.  It already was hurting really bad but I was trying really hard to finish as I wanted to do it for Ron.  However he noticed I was struggling so he insisted on finishing the rest of the dishes.   He told me how really happy he was that I had cooked supper for him and that we ate together.   I was floating on clouds.   See normally he takes me out for our anniversary and he said he was going to still take me out, but this was such a grand feeling to cook him a meal he enjoyed.   Be well everyone.   Many happy Hugs

1. Sounds like a lovely low carb meal! My favourite:) Sorry you didn’t quite make it to the end, but I know it was appreciated. 💚

Comment by heretherebespiders — October 13, 2016 @ 15:29

• It was a totally grand day. Ron really was happy. He also was so kind to me when he noticed I was struggling. I do want to add one more thing. The dinner, the letting him sleep when he was tired, the spending time together paid off handsomely when we went to bed for the night! It maybe 26 years but it still has excitement and joy and so much more. Happy hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 13, 2016 @ 15:35

• Awww, that is good to hear 🙂 Not too worn out for snuggles!

Comment by heretherebespiders — October 13, 2016 @ 15:39

• Always up for snuggles….. They are laying down hugs! Some of my favorite kinds. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 13, 2016 @ 15:52

• Kitten post is up!

Comment by heretherebespiders — October 13, 2016 @ 16:00

• Grand! I need it with all this stuff going on with the election. Thank you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 13, 2016 @ 16:04

• I know. Well if it helps, I have my ballot and as of yesterday, I can send it back to the us. And I will, and it will be for Hillary as I will. It take a chance on a wasted vote.

Comment by heretherebespiders — October 13, 2016 @ 16:15

• I also plan to vote early. I still am able and enjoy going to the early voting here. The sad things is Gov. Scott has reduced the days of early voting so it will be harder for me and more crowed, but I can do it. Last time I did not take my walker and my legs gave out before I got through the line. Ron yelled as he struggled to hold me up. They helped him get me to a chair and brought all the voting stuff to me. They said next time tell them I need assistance right at the door and they will get me sat down and will process me and let me vote from where I sit. I will bring my walker this time. It has a seat on it. I also plan to vote for Hillary. I hope we get the senate also as that will help us put the right people on the court. I hope the President pulls Merrick Brian Garland’s nomination as I don’t want them to now say “oh crap we lost lets get the most conservative guy we can before she gets into office”. They will try that. But I doubt that President Obama will do that as it is his legacy and he wants to protect that. Thanks again. happy hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 13, 2016 @ 16:28

• My vote is an Ohio vote – just as important as your Florida votes! Have heart, we can do this.

Comment by heretherebespiders — October 13, 2016 @ 16:30

• It maybe more important from what I hear. I really hope so. I will be in a state of chaos by Nov. 8. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 13, 2016 @ 16:40