November 6, 2016

A new set to expand my understanding.

Filed under: Animals, Ideas, My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 16:54

I was encouraged by Ark at  https://attaleuntold.wordpress.com/ to rely less on memes and off the web peictures and to write more of my own thoughts on my blog.  I have tried.  I also found his photographs both intriguing and terrifying at times.  So I walked out to the living room from my office and noticed Odis lying in one of the cat condos we have, they love them near windows.  He was in such a grand repose I had to try.  I also got a couple shots of Milo on the coffee table to see how they would be different.   I have a canon Powershot A590 that I love.  I have never tried the different settings, always keeping it in auto and easy.   However I am determined to learn, so today I took a bunch of photos, both with the flash and without.  I found out some shots are impossible with the window light behind the subject, something I did not know before and frustrated the heck out of me.   Here are my shots.  I would love to get better, get more interesting, and I can only do that if people give me their HONEST opinion and view of the pictures I take.  Suggestions are very welcome.  While I may like the photo and love the subject, it is how the viewer sees it and reacts that is important.   Thanks and hugs.

1. I like the close ups of Odis, how about more of those? Different angles? He has a great face, a sparkly eyes. 🙂

Comment by somanyminutes — November 6, 2016 @ 17:36

• Thank you. I will try. I am never without one or both near me wherever I am in the house. The problem is I never have my camera and tend to depend on my Iphone. That is a bad way to do photograph. But I do really need all the advice and comments one can give. Thanks and many hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 6, 2016 @ 17:44

• You could practice getting candid ones when they play.

Comment by somanyminutes — November 6, 2016 @ 17:45

• Sadly I made a mistake when Odis was young. Our son James wanted him to bond to him, and as all animals come to me and bond to me I avoided Odis as he grew. I let James handle him and steer him. Sadly that did not work, Odis still bonded with me and left James, but he also developed a bad standoffishness. He never learned to play nor to be loving to anyone but me. He runs from everyone else. He doesn’t know how to cuddle with Milo, instead thinking that lashing out at him will make them closer. So he gets close to Milo and then after two or three licks, bites or claws him. They both are now jealous of any time the other spends with me. I will not make that mistake again and I am trying to fix it by teaching Odis to be loving and accept loveness. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 6, 2016 @ 17:55

2. They are just like children, aren’t they? Good luck! 🙂

Comment by somanyminutes — November 6, 2016 @ 19:08

3. oh, if only I could manage to sleep anywhere and be so comfortable!

Very peaceful pics. Many hugs, my brother.

randy

Comment by randy — November 7, 2016 @ 13:37

• Thank you Randy. You are a special person and your judgement on my posts and my pictures is very valuable to me. Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 7, 2016 @ 14:43