November 10, 2016

If you voted for a third party or did not vote, you have helped to elect Trump.

Filed under: Harm, My Life and Rants, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 14:27

If you depend on Obamacare for health coverage and you are aware that the republicans have tried to wipe it out in congress over 50 times, you should have thought of that when you cast your vote for a third party.  If you had voted for Hillary despite your dislike, you would still have your health care.   I know people where I live who depend on Obamacare for health coverage or are on their parents plans, and yet they did not vote.   Now they have themselves to blame.   If you cared about the environment, public lands, ending the pipelines being built, and you voted third party, you have to admit you voted against the things you cared for.   I heard the new transition team has as one of its leaders is a climate change denier.   I know so many people who either did not vote or voted for a third party saying it was OK, they simply hated both Trump and Hillary.  Well it is not OK, the republicans control both houses of congress and the presidency.   There is little we can do now to block the repeal of the rights, the protections so many of us fought so hard for.   Is my marriage going to be illegal again.  Am I going to have the same protections as other non gay people.   How much will we keep of separation between church and state?   How about the right of gay people to serve openly in the military, will they be kicked out now?  So much I worry about, and yet my young friends who also fought and supported gay marriage and gay rights, they did not vote or voted third party.  IF my rights go away, they helped do it.   I have to go, I have been sick, sad, depressed, confused, and angry.  So I can’t really talk about this right now, the worry and the hurt is too much.   I kept saying one of these would win.  I kept saying one of these cares about the things I cared about, one of these cared about the environment, and only one of these cared about poor people having been born to a less than wealthy family.   The one who would have protected healthcare for those who can’t get it in any other way, the one who cared about women’s rights, the one who cares about the environment and public lands, That person did not get people’s votes because they thought a bunch of emails were so horrible that they gave the presidency to someone who has stated he would tear all these things apart.   Again I am angry, I am horrified, I am very upset.  I had to double my mood medications, and at the doctor’s request Ron gave me one of the big xanax medications I am to take when things get so very bad in my head.   Sad horrified hugs.

1. This is a horrid time with horrid things to come.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 10, 2016 @ 14:31

• OH yes. I am not one to normally dislike people nor to argue with others personal choices. Yet this time it seems these people did not look at what was going to happen the day after the election. They wanted simply to send a message. They either did not get their Bernie, or they did not like clinton based on emails. The other candidate was under a charge of raping a 13 year old girl, which is gone now, and has a law suite of fraud against him and all that . Yet the emails were so much more important to them. Ron worked for Trump. He will sell his mother for money. HE will be out for him. Ron has heard him talk about poor people and he despises them. HE has no care for anyone not his family or really wealthy. He will be vengeful, he will take money or things in his interest to strip anything from anyone. I am sorry Jeff, I know you are hurting, but I think my anger is at people I know who did not even vote as they were not interested, people who claim to be my friend. I am angry at those who said we love the environment or the right of a woman to control her body… but we just hate that clinton person. Sorry friend. I have to stop, I am getting so upset. Be well, be safe, be…. ready for the next fights. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 14:41

• You’ve every right to be angry. I heard people are protesting already in places on the West Coast and other areas. They needed to protest by voting. Now folks like you and me are fucked. I need Obamacare, too. I depend on social services to survive. This may all very well be gone soon because stupid ass poor angry white guys voted against their own best interests and put Republicans in charge of Congress and Trump in the White House. They will do nothing for the infrastructure, jobs, or healthcare. They piss and shit on the poor, the disabled, woman, blacks, gays, and laugh at those who vote them into office. I’m pretty fuckin’ angry myself, my friend. I hear ya’.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 10, 2016 @ 15:02

• Thank you Jeff. I am sorry for what you are facing. I wish we could have gotten through to them. I agreed so hard with people I thought were smart understanding people about what was at stake. Ron and I badgered James and we couldn’t even get him to care about the news , and he refused to even register to vote. Says he doesn’t care, not worth his time. I was yelling at him that we , who support him are worth his time. HE still wouldn’t vote. Even after paying his medical bills we couldn’t get through to him the importance of voting. I heard Bill Maher explain it to the age group how important it was to give up fantasy and vote , but they did not. A protest vote vote against the DNC about Bernie was more important to all the harm trump would do, all the lies, all the things to be taken from them… oh it was Bernie or I take my vote and go home and won’t play. What makes me angry at that is they forget Bernie ran as an independant using the democrat resources, he never changed to the party. He refused to be a member of the party he was demanding support from. Why did he not ask the republicans to support him? After he lost he stayed as an independant even after demanding and taking support from the democrats, but we don’t’ get credit for it and he gets off without remark for it. If he was so proud of being an independant and his supporters so dedicated he should have run as a third party. He tried to game the system, to have his cake and eat it also. I have no , no respect for Bernie supporters. They say the dem’s did not want him… yes he was not a member of the party, the repubs wouldn’t have wanted to support him either. OH Gods sorry for the rant. I think I should have another mood pill but I know it won’t make tomorrow be any different. Thanks Jeff. You are a stand up guy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 15:14

2. So sorry, Scottie. For what it’s worth, you’re not alone in your shock and disbelief.:(

Comment by acflory — November 10, 2016 @ 14:36

• Thank you my wonderful new friend. Your thoughts for me do help. I am trying to get my mind set ready to protect what we gained, keep moving forward. Yet I know what a vengeful man Trump is, and I have read stuff today about the many right wing religious people calling for basicly a christian sharia law against people like Ron and I. We are worried, very much so. Please keep us in your thoughts and if you can give us ideas or heads up, please do. Mostly I think we need to make sure the massed voice of the people works to protect us. I hope. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 14:47

• The religious Right is…scary, but I don’t see Trump as being a religious man. I suspect he’ll give the Right lip-service while it suits him and the finger when it doesn’t. Seems so very wrong to hold up Trump’s lack of sincerity as cause for hope. My hope is that Trump will have only a four year Presidency. It’s not much but it’s something to hope for. 😦

Comment by acflory — November 10, 2016 @ 15:25

• Yes friend you are correct Trump is not religious. However he is very homophobic and racist. When Ron worked for him he tried to keep it secret he was gay as trump refused to have any food brought to him, served to him, cooked for him, if the person was gay. He really disliked gay people. I also know how he treated people who were not white who worked for him. He felt nothing for them as humans, as people. HE treated them with total contempt. Oh I so agree with you, we must keep his damage limited to four years. I am hoping he will do such mindless damage at the start that there will be an outrage of support to turn the midterms from the repubs, but it looks doubtful. Too much gerrymandering to help. OH well I guess we are getting what we deserve being such a people unwilling to educate our self and to prefer stereotypes to friends. Thank you so much. It means more than I can say to me your calm words and support. I am so upset I can’t eat. Ron is worried about me know. Be well, be safe, keep writing please. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 15:34

• Sometimes good things can come from bad. Keep your spirits up, Scottie. -big hugs-

Comment by acflory — November 10, 2016 @ 18:40

• Thank you, I will hope. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 18:53

3. Scottie, my heart goes out to you and others who I know are in the same place as you. I hear everything you are saying and I hurt for you. There are people who just have not realized the seriousness of strategic voting but in the months to come, I’m sure they’ll get the message loud and clear.

I am so sorry things went the way they did. I have shed many tears for you and other cyber-friends. As I’ve expressed to another friend today, I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I wish that wasn’t so. 😦

Comment by Carmen — November 10, 2016 @ 14:37

• Thank you Carmen. You are a grand person and a wonderful friend. I have to now get myself in a mind to start to defend what I value so much. Mike Pence already has taken a hatchet to gay protections and rights in his state. What will he push now as Vice president with the trump not caring about anything not giving him more money or fame. Today the fights become serious. Today we need all hands on deck, yet just like the song Bismarck by Johnny Horton, I think the mighty “hood” went down. Grateful hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 14:44

4. Yours is probably the first white male blog I have read complaining about the result. Because the truth is, most white hetero able-bodied men have nothing to fear. Unlike women, homosexuals, disabled people, black, hispanic, latino, anyone who doesn’t embody the Trump perfection.

The blogs I have read that have included tears, and fears, have been from women. Frightened for not being able to own their own body, that a an overt misogynist now rules their country, that a sexual predator who talks of locker room banter is in charge of legislature.

I agree that ‘I couldn’t vote for either’ is a total cop-out. If you don’t want to see a racist misogynist homophobic git in power then vote for the one who has the chance. Not some fucking no-hoper. And all this crock about Bernie? Just, more rubbish to devalue Clinton.

Do hope this does not end up affecting you personally Scottie. But, we can only hope.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — November 10, 2016 @ 15:32

• Thank you , you are a great friend and a grand person. I am having such a hard time facing this. Ron has gone to bed several times simply not able to deal. Everything you wrote was so true, so well written. Thank you. We will try to take care of each other, but it hurts that some young people put their personal feud with the DNC over their messiah Bernie while not even understanding he was not a member of the DNC and was free boating on them. They were willing to screw over everyone in this country to soothe their hurt feelings. Hard to face James who is proud he did not vote, yet lives under our roof as he can’t afford to get his own. I am angry, I am upset, I am confused. I am distraught. I value you and the feeling you send to me. Thank you again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 15:41

• All we can do is try and give you our support. Not enough, but please don’t think you are alone. Do you know how many horrified lesbian blogs I have read? Homosexuals of both sexes fear his presidency while white hetero males just laugh it off. Not. Good. Enough.

We know non-voters here too, but the truth is, we all have to go with the least worst option. But we still vote.

I’m so sorry, not just for you, but for all minority groups, that the worst option triumphed. He will do absolutely nothing for women, blacks, latinos, hispanics, people with disabilities, those blue collar workers whose votes he got, homosexuals, or anyone else who isn’t a straight-up white presbyterian macho locker room man. Nasty piece of work.

Let’s hope he doesn’t take away everyone’s hard-won rights. And, maybe time to evaluate friendships.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — November 10, 2016 @ 15:56

• Wow, so well said! You put all the things I wanted to say but couldn’t get it out, into words that make a lot of sense and ring so true. I can’t understand how this happened. Was it selfishness. Was it confusion? What was it that made a choice between someone so well prepared to do the job and to help people, against the one that was in it for himself and never worried in his life about lack of money? I am so confused. Thanks please know you have helped me feel better, even as I am still stunned. Grateful hugs.

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 16:37

• Selfishness? Yes. Religion? Yes? White hetero male supremacy? Yes. Disillusioned working classes? Yes. But the others probably held more sway.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — November 10, 2016 @ 16:42

• I really don’t know. People are arguing with me right now that the fault is the DNC for not giving them Bernie and giving them someone they did not like. Truth is Bernie was not a member of the DNC, refused in fact to join it and still wanted their support. What would have happened if he had asked the same from the republicains? The fact is it came down to only two people to win. Not four. Two. A vote for someone not of the two was a vote for the other side. So anyone who voted for Jill or Gary voted for trump. Not the DNC fault. You vote for who is there. not who you want to be there but at this point it was all on the line and some people wanted to protest their choices and it hurts them today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 16:51

• No. Totally valid argument. I agree. Whatever anyone’s views of her, there was only one way to defeat Trump. And protest votes have potentially damaged a lot of people’s lives. More than theirs. Selfish. IMO. You and Ron have a good day/evening though. Don’t let it get you down.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — November 10, 2016 @ 17:01

• Thank you, both of us are frazzled. Going to be an uneasy sleep tonight I think. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 17:06

• I had my uneasy sleep the night of the election. . .sigh. .. who KNEW that was going to happen?? Could have knocked me over with a feather. . .

Comment by Carmen — November 10, 2016 @ 17:12

• It has changed the world in truth. Our world partners pulling away, Russia trying to cosy up. I am worried about both overseas and internal issues. If only more people had seen it was not a high minded pursuit but a matter of keeping what we hold dear. Oh well thank you. Keep us in your thoughts. Sadly too old and too unneeded to immigrate to canada. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 17:15

5. Americans who didn’t vote (there were a lot of them, over 43% of the voting eligible population) rightly deserve to be criticized; but, not the folks like myself who voted for a third-party candidate (my state of Washington went solidly for Hillary). If you want to place blame for Trump’s victory, it should fall on those most responsible – incompetent Democratic Party leaders who nominated an unpopular status quo candidate in a presidential election dominated by anti-establishment populist angst. Theirs was an epic strategic blunder.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 10, 2016 @ 16:38

• Sorry Robert but we disagree. I looked at the votes for a bunch of the states. IF those votes for the third parties had gone for hillary she would be president elect. I have often voted for the second candidate on my wish list as the one I went for in the primary was not the one who won the primary. In that case I looked for what was good for me and my country and voted that way. In this case anyone who voted for anyone else but Hillary voted in fact for Trump. The blunder was not the DNC. Bernie was not a member of the DNC and refused in fact to join it when asked to. The fact was two people, only two were going to be president. The choice was one of them. No third party person was going to be elected no matter what. However if you voted for a third party person you voted for Trump. You get what you voted for. Now had we a system of some countries where the there is more than two parties then a third party might have gotten enough support. We do not. Again only two people would be president and any vote for Jill or Gary was a vote for trump. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 16:46

• With all due respect, I believe that view to be not only delusional but also guaranteed to be repeated in future elections. In a democracy, it is incumbent upon political parties to appeal to voters, not to expect voters to obediently fall in line. No citizen should be condemned for voting for the candidate that best matches their values regardless of party affiliation; although, it is their duty to vote.

Hillary Clinton was a flawed candidate from the very beginning, and I said so in a blog post in April. If I could make such an accurate assessment, so should’ve the DNC.

Virtually all the polling during the primaries showed Bernie Sanders beating Trump by larger margins that Hillary. This was a populist election, and the Democratic Party leadership – including the Clintons – should have promoted a populist candidate instead. Even Hillary alluded to this recently by recognizing her unpopular appeal particularly among blue collar whites in the Midwestern states.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 10, 2016 @ 18:13

• Hello Robert. Your logic is faulty. There was only two candidates who were going to win. Regardless of who was written in, what other party line votes, only trump or hillary was going to win. Talk all you like about voting for the candidate that best represents your values, that is what I am saying, out of the two and only those two, the one best for their views would have been Hillary. Jill Stein and Gary Johnson had NO chance of winning the election and furthering the voters wishes. SO between trump and hillary they could have gotten part of the loaf, instead they threw it all away. Because it doesn’t have enough raisins or some such. They could have had a better chance with her, not him. Now they will watch as he dismantles all they wanted. Also again, more people voted for Hillary during the primaries. Ron And I did. Should our vote be negated because she is not progressive enough for the Bernie people. The difference is we would have supported him if he had won as he would have been closer to what we wanted than trump. But that did not go both ways. I stand by what I have written and said, the Bernie kids got angry, demanded it their way or they would storm off home, and they gave their vote to trump by voting for a third party. And now we all have to live with that. Also one last thing. Bernie did not run as an independant even though that was HIS PARTY. He borrowed another party to run on. IF he was so brave and it was so important to not be a “establishment democrat” he should have not run as a democrat. Maybe if he had been true to his roots and run as an independant he would have won. But he and his supporters have no cause to demand the rest of us life long democrats suddenly abandon all we wanted and worked for to suit him. Wrong party. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 19:09

• No, my logic is not faulty. You just can’t accept it because you are unable to understand that many voters are ideologues, not pragmatists. They just don’t think about elections in the same way you do. You are trying to apply your personal sensibilities to them. It doesn’t work that way. People are different, and they make their own choices for their own reasons.

However, I agree that Bernie should have run as an independent.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 00:13

• Robert I think you are misunderstanding what I am trying to say. Let me try again. There was only two people who could win. Trump or clinton. Now any gay person who voted for anyone but clinton basicly voted against their interests. Same with environmentalists and other types of progressives. I read an article that said if half the people who voted third party had voted for clinton she would have won by a landslide. I know you care very much about the environment. Do you think Trump with a republican congress will have any respect for the environment , food safety, clean air? So anyone who cares about the environment who did not vote for clinton gave their vote to trump. They voted against their own best interest. Had there been a snowball in hell chance of a third party winning maybe it would be different, they had no chance to more than split votes. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 09:47

• I understand you perfectly. I’ve written a great deal on the dichotomy between political pragmatists and ideologues. That Clinton supporters like yourself – as well as the Democratic Party leadership – flippantly dismiss the ideological nature of many voters, guarantees future electoral defeats in the years to come. I sincerely hope Democrats finally wake up and smell the coffee of reality, for the sake of all of us.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 12:02

• Robert you seem to think we voters for Clinton simply dismissed the Bernie camp. That is not true. I looked at him, what he was saying, more important what he was doing and how he was doing it. Me and my friends voted against him. Now had he won we would have voted for him over trump. However the Bernie people did not feel the same way. They did not say OK she got more votes and won, so we will support her. HE was never willing to become a democrat, yet wanted all the democrat support. Fact. More people voted for her than for Bernie. She won more states. Fact. Now if he wanted our support after then shouldn’t we have gotten his supporters? But no when they did not get the independant person they wanted, they withheld the votes needed to win. Bad gamesmanship, bad sportsmanship, and Robert, this will hurt your issues even more than mine. Did they even care about that? I see no need for the democrats to wake up as you say, except they let an independant run on their platform thinking the other side would play fair, they did not. The lesson is to never again give them that shot to take advantage of us. You say that for the sake of all of us the democrats should change…I disagree… for the sake of all of us the damn third party voters should have supported Hillary! That is the change that was needed, but they had a hissy fit, took the ball went home and were surprised the other team got the game by forfeit. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 12:37

• In that case, the Democratic Party will relegate itself to minority party status for the foreseeable future. They lost the White House, they lost both houses of Congress, they lost most governorships and state legislatures. This trend has been worsening since 2010 long before the third-party votes of 2016!

You accuse Bernie supporters of being disloyal, but most of them – including myself – are independents, not registered Democrats. How can I be disloyal to a political party I’ve never been a member of?

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 15:21

• Then again why not form your own party, why run from a party and then when you lose leave it in a lurch? No Robert I don’t give you credit nor do I accept your reasons. Your people took from a party what you could get, then when you lost you stabbed it in the back! We lost because of the third party vote. That is facts. The democrat party does stand for something. I do stand for the things I believe in. You do also. Great form a party. Run in elections. But never again will I agree to let a non party member run under our banner and then stab us in the back. You’re right how can you be disloyal, except ..you did have your guy run under another banner… you think you owed them nothing.. ….????? Can you not see that at least. The most disloyal thing. Angry hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:33

• You are angry, and it’s clouding your objective judgement. Please, get some help my friend.

Here’s a fact for you. I did not vote for Bernie Sanders because to do so I would’ve had to declare myself a Democrat – something I refuse to do.

BTW, I don’t believe in political parties. I hope someday Americans abandon them en masse.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 15:46

• Sorry again Robert we are at ends. I am angry, but not for the reason you think I suspect. I also disagree the parties are going to go away. I think to think so is childish at best. My anger is those who supported Bernie Sanders running on the Democratic ticket who then voted third party when Bernie lost, even after he asked them to support the Democrat candidate. I have a right to be angry at that. That is like a guy coming to your block party, eating all the food and drinking all the drink and then saying oh , I won’t buy into the block anyway. My judgment is not clouded and I am angry, because now I have to defend my life, my husband, my health care, my freedom from religion. Yes Robert I am angry because this effect all of my life. So I have a right to be. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:54

• Best wishes.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 15:57

• same to you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:58

• Also remember one more thing. If the democrat party is to be the minority so will you. There is no other party and will not be. So the things you wanted, the things you supported…..gone. You could have had half the loaf but you threw away all the bread by voting third party. Our system wouldn’t have let a third party win. You want to change that, then get into state elections and make a real party. Don’t give the whole election aways to the people most against you in a hissy fit.. Be real and practical. Practical is not a bad word. it has saved this country more often than not. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:46

• Again, my state of Washington voted solidly for Hillary – so my third-party vote had absolutely no effect on this election.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 15:51

• Not so, you vote goes far beyond that ….where was your voice in the matter. Yes your state may have but how many read your thoughts who voted in states that went Red??? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:55

• Oh sure, my little obscure blog with its tens of daily readers affected millions of voters and the outcome of this election. Seriously? That’s totally irrational.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 16:00

• Sill does mine also have so little effect. Robert it is not the blog it is the people we know, the people we contact. The ideas we hold. If you think so little of your ideas , your voice I am sorry, I do not think that way of mine. I am almost wheelchair bound in my own home and yet I reach over a thousand people a day. They may not agree with me, anything I am full of diaper poop but they see and read what I think. Same with your blog. I may not always agree but I read and respond. But it goes beyond that. It goes to our families, our friends not online, to the people we deal with at work, all that other stuff. Your comment here is a little like a ten year old being miffed. You are better than that. I Have read your stuff, visit your blog daily. don’t do that to yourself. I will let you go. Sad hugs.

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 16:06

• Something here is truly sad alright.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 17:34

• Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 13:12

• Also Robert. Please remember that she got far more votes than he did, she won more states in the primaries than he did. Those are facts, like it or not. The idea that my vote, that those of us who voted for Hillary did not count as much as those who voted for Bernie was not equal just because he was not progressive is an insult. He took the DNC ticket help, the resources and when he lost his followers decided to take their ball and go home because they couldn’t have their quarterback. That was stabbing us in the back and led to where we are today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 16:59

• That is so wrong. Bernie voters didn’t bolt because they lost to Hillary, they bolted because Hillary didn’t represent their values. Insulting or not, Hillary is no progressive; she was the epitome of a status quo establishment candidate.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 10, 2016 @ 18:18

• Robert who will represent their views and wishes? Trump or Hillary ? Sorry but your statement makes no sense. Yes they did not get the whole ball of yarn her , but they would gotten some of it. They will not with him. Politics is not a one side gets all game, despite what republicans wish. The Bernie supporters are now much worse off than if they had supported her. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 10, 2016 @ 18:57

• The sentiment of Bernie voters may not make practical sense to a pragmatist like Hillary, but it makes perfect sense to anyone who shares their values.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 00:00

• Well it simply makes no sense to me at all. Look at where their sentiment has left us. Worse for them, worse for all of us. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 09:48

• You’d be wise to learn the lesson of Brexit. The Labour Party is in the same state of decline in the U.K. as the Democratic Party is in the U.S. Its leaders and supporters completely misread the mood of the people and the composition of the electorate. They too are pragmatists, wrongly believing that voters wouldn’t act emotionally and impulsively when forced to choose between two regrettable choices. Also like Democrats, Labour is defensively and vehemently deflecting blame for their defeats onto others. In the 2016 U.S. election, there is no excuse for anything other than a Democratic landslide victory against a divisive megalomaniac like Trump. That they failed to achieve that result is their fault and their fault alone.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 12:26

• Robert, after brexit there was a huge surge of people googling it, they had no clue what they even voted for! As for the Democrats, again our mistake was letting Bernie run as one of us and then his people turning on us. I disagree with your view. If it was true then why did not Jill or Gary win??? Because not even a percentage of enough people care about what they are saying. They couldn’t get into the debates correctly so as they were not getting enough support. They only gave the upset Bernie voters somewhere to hide, and those same people are now upset about trump. They did not even get enough votes to make it on to ballots in every state. They did worse than Ross Perot. The facts is if what you say is true then they should sweep every ground level election and then every top post. It is not happening. The party I support will change some, has changed, but it is a great party defending the most vulnerable against the other party out for the worst in all. All I am saying is your third party people gave us this, own it. It is the truth. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 12:48

• I give up, believe whatever you wish. The incredibly shrinking Democratic Party will someday rise again like the Confederacy to reclaim its rightful place atop the American political stage. Fantasies are most reassuring.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 15:30

• Robert look at what I just sent you. You used another party, did not get what you wanted and took your support and went away when you did not get what you wanted. WHY do you think you owe nothing. Why then run as one thing and they say you are not another. yes I am angry , your people wanted and wanted and took, but when they lost they gave to the other party what they should have given to the one that carried the water for their candidate for over a year. If you can’t see that then nothing I can say will help. Me and the democratic party were set up and stabbed in the back by people like you. Hail caesar. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:36

• Scottie, your anger will turn inwards and affect your health. Please, let it go.

Comment by Robert A. Vella — November 11, 2016 @ 15:49

• No my anger is trying to protect my family… that I will never let go. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:59

6. Scottie,
    Like you, I have been reading as much as I can in the last few days to try to figure out how something as catastrophic as tRump being elected President has happened. I’m not hyperbolizing when I use the word ‘catastrophic’ – I really think it is that. I hear what you are saying about voting for a third-party candidate, but I have found an article that might help you understand what has been going on. Robert mentioned Hillary being an ‘establishment’ candidate and I think Glenn Greenwald might be able to suggest reasons why so many people voted for tRump; they simply overlooked his toxic stand on so many issues out of frustration with their lives. Greenwald says it far better than I can, and might help to answer what is going on; something that we have been unable to comprehend. I say ‘might’ because it might not, either. But it helped me to gain some insight.

Comment by Carmen — November 11, 2016 @ 06:58

• Thank you Carmen. I understand there are different dynamics out there, however my main point was when it became a race between two people, one clearly unfit and willing to destroy everything the progressive people wanted, against the other who while not popular would have maintained some progressive ideals until the next election. Those who voted for the third party candidates that could NOT win in any way, gave their vote for trump and worked against their own interests. It is the same for any gay people who voted for anyone but hillary this election because she would help us and help protect us, Trump lead the most anti gay political platform in the history of our country. So why would any gay person vote for trump? Thanks. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 09:40

• I know exactly what you are saying and I agree with you. I guess I’m just trying to muddle through WHY there was such a surprise at the polls. I was (and am) so dumbfounded as to why such a horrible person got to be President that I’m reaching for any and all kinds of explanations. 😦
        I am also reading some uplifting pieces, as well, Scottie. So try not to lose heart.
        (P.S. – Glenn Greenwald is gay)

Comment by Carmen — November 11, 2016 @ 09:48

• Thank you Carmen. I am healing. Can’t help worrying. I just could understand how they couldn’t see the out right lies, the whole horrible actions and words. I still can’t understand why people threw away their vote by voting third party. I read that if only half of those who voted third party had voted for clinton she would have won by a landslide. Thanks again for the uplifting words. I am slowly coming out of my depresion. Ron was worried. He found me just stareing at the wall and thought he may have to call my doctor. But I am coming out of it. It will take time for the hock to wear off. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 09:53