November 11, 2016

Willie Nelson – City Of New Orleans – YouTube

Filed under: Ideas, Song, Songs and Music — Scottie @ 11:56

My heart still hurts, my chest heavy.   Ron gave me another anxiety pill.  Most take 14 days to effect your system but the one he has for me works right away.  It just hurts so much.    Told me to try to get mind off it.   He promised we would be OK.   I just bought this song.   Maybe it will help.  Hugs.

1. I hear you, my friend. I’ve not been able to sleep for days. I don’t think some people realize how negatively, very negatively, this administration will directly, and immediately, affect the lives of gays, disabled people, the elderly, women, and those who depend on Social Security, medicare, medicaid, and Obamacare to live. Those who will be affected by this administration negatively who chose not to vote or voted against their own best interests, and mine, are as bad as Trump and his cronies. Period. It takes seconds to vote. Seconds. Shame on everyone who let this happen. Great song, BTW.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 11, 2016 @ 12:08

• I love what you wrote. Would you like to write a guest post on my blog. I simply can not get myself to do so. You write it and I will post it as is and give you all the credit. What you have to say needs to be said. I am so afraid of the things I have heard the religious right saying since he won. I got a note in my inbox that had a picture of a assault rifle and the words “we are coming for you next fagot”. I can’t believe how far we have sunk. Let me know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 12:26

• It may take me some time to write anything more substantive than this blurb. I’m just sick to my stomach over this.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 11, 2016 @ 12:32

• I agree friend, I so agree. I just can’t seem to get through to some people. They want all of us to change, not realizing we have as many or more valid points as they did. Bernie ran on the democrat platform without being willing to change party affiliation. He wanted all the meat and gravy without putting anything into the pot. His people felt the same and when in fact she got more votes, more states than he did they took their ball went home and refused to support the party he ran on. Now they are mad Trump won. But they are the reason he won. They refused to vote for the party Bernie ran on because he did not win. Well what about all the other votes she got. We have rights also. But they only seen their own selfish wants. Their feelings got hurt and so they screwed everyone. I read where if even half the people who voted third party had voted Clinton she would have won in a landslide. So I blame clearly the third party people. Angry hurt hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 12:41

• I actually really like Bernie and would like to see the country go in the direction he wants it to, but, he himself supported Clinton when she won the primary. Why? Because he’s a smart guy and knew things can only change for the worse with a President Trump. What absolutely infuriates me are these supposed “progressives” and “Bernie or Bust” types who “supposedly” care about people and making people’s lives better but refused to vote or voted third party simply because they were having a fucking hissy fit over Bernie’s loss. If it were only they who will now lose their health care, their right to marry whom they wish, their Social Security, their Medicare and Medicaid, and NOT people like me and you, then I’d say bully for them. But these “progressives” and inactive “liberals” have just fucked me and you up the ass and not in a fun, lubricated kinda way. We’re affected RIGHT FUCKING NOW because they helped Trump win. Fuck them. At least those who supported Trump outright were proud of it. I think they’re assholes, but they’re honest about it at least. This whining, phony “progressive” nonsense about “really” caring for what’s going on and pushing for positive change while not voting or wasting a vote merely helped Trump fuck us all the harder. Useless, meaningless, spineless whining did NOT help me in any way at all. You helped fuck me. So DO NOT tell me about how you care about people and their well-being. Bull-fuckin’-shit you do. It would be far easier for Bernie and Warren to keep pushing Clinton to the left than it will now be to stop Trump and the Republicans from returning us to 1662. This is not the way to change the future for the better. Neither is having a “it doesn’t matter cause we’re all doomed anyway” attitude. That attitude fucked me. Me. Personally. Next time they want to whine, bitch, moan, and sulk, I just hope they make sure the only people affected by it are themselves. I certainly hope every “progressive” who refused to vote or wasted their vote now face losing their health care and their home as I do. They helped move me one step closer to living in an alley. I do not for a second believe they give a fuck about me or Americans. Arrogant, self-righteous wind-bags. I didn’t love everything about Hillary, but this situation would not be facing me today, right fucking now, had “progressives” actually been progressive enough to give a shit about me. Snobbish, arrogant, whining, lazy fucks. Thanks guys. Thanks a lot. Now go stick your god damn progressive bullshit up your ass. You’ve lost me. Permanently. Bernie hasn’t, but you have. And if your point was to fuck me. You did it. Be proud. If your point was to show the world you’re pissy and angry. You did that by helping Trump win. But never again tell me about how you care about people, how you want to improve the country. If you truly did care for these things, you’d have cared about me and people like me. But you don’t, do ya’? Not really. Now fuck off. $Amen$

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 11, 2016 @ 13:24

• Thank you. You said it far better than I could have. Please feel free to mak more , many more such posts here. I am so tired of arguing with Bernie supporters that we clinton supporters were the real problem. It hurts, and the real hurt will come very soon. How to deal I don’t know. Be well. Keep in touch, all we may have is each other . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:14

• Sorry for that long rant, my friend, but I’m fuckin’ pissed.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 11, 2016 @ 13:25

• Oh my Jeff! never feel upset about what you say or who many letters it takes you. I would be upset if you were not pissed off at this. I am not even to the pissed off state yet, I am medicated from being suicidal. It is too much, too hard to understand how half of our own people could be this way. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:04

• you take your time and then write as much as you wish. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 12:51

• That is so so hideous Scottie. I just do not understand why people have an issue with a same sex loving relationship. Who does it affect? No one. Just no one. So people should keep their noses out of your life.
        I am just hoping he doesn’t get to do all the awful things that have been suggested.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — November 11, 2016 @ 12:57

• Thank you great friend. I agree. After so many years of being hated, of finding hope, of being able to just be regular people who do things our own way, pay our taxes, support our communities, raise our children…so much as every other couple does. To have this happen is like having a blanket thrown over you in the dark and being beaten while not only not able to defend yourself but also not knowing who or why they are hitting you. Thanks for your support please keep doing so, we need it. Grand hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 13:02

• As we’ve discussed before, it’s not just you, it’s everyone who isn’t a heterosexual white male who doesn’t know what the future might hold 😦 So many sad and frightened people around. I know there’s a petition for the electors to recognise Clnton’s overall votes and not select Trump, but I don’t see it happening.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — November 11, 2016 @ 13:12

• No it won’t. I thank you for your support, but that is not our way, and I wouldn’t want it to be. He did not win the popular vote but he did win the electoral vote. While I will fight with those who did not support Hillary for the third parties, I won’t result to anything that invalidates our democracy. He won, he also got to keep his party in power in congress. We have to deal with it and accept it. WE also need to remind people each and every time they pass something that hurts us as a country, we need to rub their faces in it. A sort of “how do you like it now” thing.

Gods , or not god’s, universe I hurt now. Ia afraid for myself, my husband, my country. But somehow I have to pick myself up and keep fighting. Hurt and wounded I must keep fighting. But we need all the help we can get. Thanks and much hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:20

2. Hi Scottie;
    Like you, I am feeling very anxious about this coming change in our country. I mentioned this to a coworker, who is not a trump fan, and he really thought my concerns misplaced. But, he is not susceptible to the very things that an obnoxious and violent fascist government and rabid populous could do. He is white, hetero, married to a woman who makes very good money, and he has good savings and solid investments. But, despite my anxiety, I’m fighting my fears, my trepidation, and doing my level best to be the best person I can and to be positive. It’s hard, it really is, because I want to go sit in a dark corner and hide. But, I will survive, WE will survive, and we will be ok. We will be ok. we will be ok…

Hugs my brother!
    randy

oh, love the song. Big fan of Willie. I started listening to some of his stuff due to your prompt this morning. This is one I’m listening to now. Trying to be peaceful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHwgNU1ydEY

Comment by randy — November 11, 2016 @ 13:25

• Thank you Randy. You are the greatest brother anyone could have. I am beside myself, and I am so tired of having to justify and argue on behalf of my being a democrat and supporting Hillary. Be at rest brother, we will talk this weekend. I have just ended a visit with someone who feels her relationship is like the election, surprisingly going to crap. Know I love you, and I will go listen to the song now. Many happy hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 11, 2016 @ 15:02