November 12, 2016

Saudi college student in Wisconsin dies after assault – The Washington Post

Filed under: Bigotry, Harm, History, News, Political, Race — Scottie @ 14:53

So many this is how it begins.   But we don’t have to accept it.  Yes we have to accept Pres. elect Trump and we can’t change that he doesn’t want to govern and wants to let Mike Pence be the president behind the curtain.  However that doesn’t mean we have to go along with every crazy non human, anti-progressive idea that comes out of that administration.  Nor do we have to accept bullying, nor should we put up with it.  We have a voice.  They used theirs , now lets use ours.  I intend to use mine.  I have been heart-sick for days.  No longer.  Now someone may have been hurt over the losing of the racist dogs.   This election clearly gave light to the racist and hateful part of my country.  However it also showed there were more that were willing to stand up to that.   We did it in the past, we fought against government oppression and lack of recognition.  WE WILL DO IT AGAIN!   I will do it again.  I just got down one of my many candles, thought quietly what I wanted to say to the universe, and lite it.   I took a deep breath and got back into the game.  It is real now.   We can say no every time a bully raises up, we can speak out without fear every time someone unfairly treats other or at least call for help when someone is attacked.   If you see, help deal with it.  In the grocery store, in a food court, in a bus stop, if you see someone attacked shout as loud as you can about it, demand it stop, get the authorities and tell them what you saw.   Demand they act.   We will not go back to the closet nor will we deny our friends of different nationalities or ethnic backgrounds.   I remember when we first came to Florida we had a black man who had known us for years come stay with us.  We went to a local restaurant for a meal.  I remember how shocked I was as a white young man from the north when the waitress refused to talk to him, refused to take his order and wanted us to tell her what he wanted.   I blew my stack!   Laddy simply sat there with no expression.  I later asked him why he did not tear the place down.   He said it was so common and aside from Ron and I he felt no one would have stood up for him.   I will!   I will stand up and I have a voice and I will use it.  So if people think they are going to take the country back to the hatreds and fears of the 1950’s they will have a fight.  They will lose.  We won once by helping each other.  We will help each now.   Until the day all people have rights, we all suffer.  Until the day all are safe, none of can be sure we are safe.   If I don’t speak up now for others, who will be there to speak up for me.   Best wishes to all.   Be well.  Be safe.  Know we stand together against the storm.   Hugs

Hussain Saeed Alnahdi was attacked by a white male near the University of Wisconsin-Stout campus in Menomonie, Wis, police say. He died of his injuries Monday.

Source: Saudi college student in Wisconsin dies after assault – The Washington Post

1. Beautifully said. We won’t ever ever let this become the new normal. I’ve had people point handguns at me twice, when I was a teenager! because I was in an interracial relationship. In 2016 this shite needs to be DONE and GONE.

Comment by heretherebespiders — November 12, 2016 @ 15:02

• Agreed! We will help it to go away for good this time. We will show it for what it is, and people will turn aways for hurt , harm, and the scapegoating of others. Be well, thank you for being brave. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 15:04

2. A bit soon I think to assign this to trumps election. They don’t even have the perp in custody or know why he did it, if it was because the victim was Muslim or Saudi. Sad, tragic, but too soon to blame on trump. In my opinion

Comment by KIA — November 12, 2016 @ 15:39

• Maybe, but I know I have already been threatened because trump won. So I am putting it out there I will not be intimidated. I actually got a threat that said now fagot we are coming for you. Did not make me feel very good or safe. Price of being a out gay man with a blog. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 15:49

• I’m sorry there are horrible people out there who still threaten others based on political stances. It’s crazy what our nation has become.

Comment by KIA — November 12, 2016 @ 15:58

• Yes that is what I am saying. I can accept that Trump is going to be president, I love our voice in the vote. I can accept the direction some what polices to go, even as I want them in the other direction. What sent me to be for three days and what has hurt me so much personally is I can not accept the hatred, the racism , the anti- gay , the white supremacy movements. That hurts personally. I have woken up, I will fight back and from my view we will wrestle control for the thugs who would send us back years in time to a progressive grand future. Maybe some wont agree with my view, but that is democracy, what happens today can be changed if the will of the people want it to be. I want it to be progressive badly. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:05

• OK according to the little thing on the side I have caught up and can move on to other sites. Feel like I am waking up for the first time since tuesday night. Walking nightmare but I will recover and my family hold. Be well, thanks for your comments, sorry your sister yelled at you . Be well , be happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:14

• From the other side, I’ve already taken abuse and name-calling and demonization for not voting for hillary. Even from my own sister. Explitive laden text messages all day after asked her how she was doing after the election night

Comment by KIA — November 12, 2016 @ 16:01

• Well, sorry that one got away from me. Rushing too much.

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:09

• OK on your sister, sorry but has she threatened to take your marriage away? Has she threatened your safety in public? see it is not the same MIke. She has not taken your health care away. It has real consequences for some of us. Not bad language or idle talk, it can seriously harm us. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:11

• But I think it’s a bit premature to blame trump or clinton personally for idiots reacting individually

Comment by KIA — November 12, 2016 @ 16:03

• I don’t know, I have been on web sites that are monitoring hate groups and their traffic has soared and is scary. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:09

• The rioting has me scared for our democracy

Comment by KIA — November 12, 2016 @ 16:17

• It is the same feeling that went into the black lives matter protest. People are feeling that they are under threat and they don’t like it, they feel as if the others won’t help them, so they band together. No one in the protest against trump has been hurt I know…yet. However it has shown a dark side, a really dark side of the country I thought we were on the way to putting to rest. Oh our democracy has survided a civil war, it will survive this, it will survive the rebulicains attempt to do away with medicare and socail security. But progressives will now fight back and hard and they will sadly use the same tatics… mid term elections will be a blood bath of hurt for us. We are rushing fast to the bottom. We may even get there. Hugs Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:27

• Am I in mod for some reason?

Comment by KIA — November 12, 2016 @ 16:04

• Mod? Oh I get it , No I have to do that for every comment, keeps spam and stuff down. I am trying to catch up to stuff here, I have let everything go, have over 600 hundred emails, web sites I have not been to including yours. Don’t worry I don’t block comments that don’t agree with me, that is not my style. The only time I ever stop a comment is if it attacks someone personally. Hate I have a hard time with. Keep commenting, I will catch up soon I promise. Hgus

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:07

• No problem. I didn’t think it was personal.

Comment by KIA — November 12, 2016 @ 16:16

• Glad to hear that. I like your blog. I have been under a lot of stress and not keeping up as well as I should be. I am afraid MIke. I am worried about my marriage, our rights, our health care, or safety. There was unleashed a great visible hatred this election. One side went with education and understanding the other with hate and anger. I treat others as I want or would like them to treat me. But right now I feel like my my skin is going to come off, I feel I can’t get out of bed, I feel my heart is far too heavy to stay in my chest. I had three days of arguing with Robert over this whole thing. I have got to come to grips with people who thought Bernie using an other political parties platform meant they were owed a win. It was not, he never became a democrat nor did he endorse the party. That is what they fail to realize, yet when they voted for Jill or Gary or Scrooge McDuck, they stabbed us in the back. That i have a hard time understand and really hard time to forgive.

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:22

• Oh and plus I love to add a response to comments and I I type baldy and spell worse, takes time. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 12, 2016 @ 16:08