November 24, 2016

An Insider’s View: The Dark Rigidity of Fundamentalist Rural America | Alternet

Filed under: History, Ideas, opinion, Political, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 13:06

I want to thank NeuroNotes posting this, and Carmen for showing it to her.   I love it, I have been saying this same thing over and over and it seems no one is willing to hear me.  I saw this mentality in a very small town in Vermont where I grew up.   The author has it clear.  It is a long read but a good one.   Hugs

In deep-red white America, the white Christian God is king.

Source: An Insider’s View: The Dark Rigidity of Fundamentalist Rural America | Alternet

1. Scottie, hope you and yours are having a feast!! (I could probably do without the football, though) 🙂
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Comment by Carmen — November 24, 2016 @ 14:15

• Hello Carmen , you grand lovely lady. I hope your day is wonderful also. However we are not doing our Tday holiday today. Ron is in bed sleeping as he works tonight. I am in my office blogging ( yes ! ) and the kids are at her parents having Tday. We did a Tuesday grand party X-men marathon movie day with snakes. Ron I built a huge mountain of Nachos, built out of several pounds of beef cooked in taco mix, 2 types of tortilla chips, three cheeses, salsa , and lettuce. Baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes. Oh and I made a chilli with a ton of meat balls. and Popcorn. We watched TV until we fell asleep. 🙂 Was great. My happiness and best wishes for your family. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2016 @ 14:31

• Well, that sounds just GRAND, Scottie!! Glad you had a good day.

Comment by Carmen — November 24, 2016 @ 14:39

• It was, and best no politics or any sad stuff except movie talk. One of the best ways we could think to spend it. BE well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2016 @ 14:42

2. Happy turkey day, my friend. I’m spending mine re-watching the extended versions of LOTR. Funny how much Sauron reminds me of Trump.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — November 24, 2016 @ 14:51

• LOL.. Grand. We did our Tday on Tuesday . Ron is in bed today , works tonight and four 12 hour shifts. But Tuesday we made a mountain of nachos oh so thick with meat and cheeses,a nd salsa and stuff. I made chili and meatballs, popcorn, and then we sat down and had an X-Men movie marathon. Just like you. The kids came in half way through the first one and hovered the food, ( thank gods, ROn and I were stuff and had eaten a small bit of the mountain we made! ) We watched the days of future past, the first class , and then finished with the last one, the new one apocalyps. Have a great day my friend. Try to be happy, we will stand together, we may hang but if we do it will be a large gallows! Be well and know we have your back when possible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 24, 2016 @ 14:57