December 5, 2016

Please think on this

Filed under: meme, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 20:33

1. My God hasn’t killed any babies

Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 5, 2016 @ 20:50

• I am sorry but if you are a christian, then you need to read the bible. First there is a whole abortion ritual in the bible, second the said flood killed all the people including babies, and if you go to the massacre where moses told them to kill all except the child girls that had not known a man, he said kill even the male babies. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 5, 2016 @ 20:57

• I disagree

Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 5, 2016 @ 22:17

• Try this…Even more shocking, we find that God actually mandates abortion when the fetus is a product of adultery (Numbers 5). A jealous and suspicious husband should bring his wife to the local priest, who forces the woman to drink a poisonous “water of bitterness” to bring on God’s “curse”. If she experiences “bitter pain,” if her “belly swells” and her “thigh rots,” she fails the test and becomes an outcast. Virtually all Biblical scholars agree that this voodoo ritual and its cloaked euphemisms refer to an induced (not to mention unsafe) abortion. The word “thigh” in the Old Testament usually means genitals, but in this case, it refers to the uterus and its contents. One alternate Bible translation reads, “She will have barrenness and a miscarrying womb.” (New International Version)

Such Biblical support for abortion forces us to speculate that perhaps what anti-choicers mean by God’s law is that unequivocal Sixth Commandment, “Thou shalt not kill” (Exodus 20:13), since they condemn abortion as murder. That there is no Biblical justification for this belief, we have already seen. Whatever the arguments are for the full humanity of the fetus, it is clear they do not originate from the “Holy Scriptures.” Be that as it may, let’s indulge anti-choicers’ claims for a moment and probe into the nature of the Sixth Commandment and its implications for the abortion battle.,

Or this one…
        What do we find when we examine the Scriptures? Regrettably, even a casual search uncovers the most shocking, barbaric, and revolting atrocities, all directly committed, ordered, or condoned by God himself. However, let’s put most of these aside for now and confine ourselves solely to the passages that deal with God’s murder of children. Unfortunately, there are many. Let’s begin with this little gem, a popular story some of us first learned in Sunday school:

“And Moses said, ‘Thus says the Lord: About midnight I will go forth in the midst of Egypt and all the first-born in the land of Egypt shall die; from the first-born of Pharaoh who sits upon his throne, even to the first-born of the maidservant who is behind the mill; and all the first-born of the cattle.'” (Exodus 11:4-5)

In Exodus 12:29, God carries out the dastardly deed.

Moses, the great liberator of Israel and God’s right hand man, so to speak, had this to say to his victorious soldiers fresh from battle with all their “booty:”

“Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.” (Numbers 31:17-18)

Or this
        In war of course, children are not exempt from being victims. Numerous verses and passages document that entire populations, including children, were killed off at the command of God. For example, God orders one of his faithful servants to:

“…go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.” (I Samuel 15:3. See also Deuteronomy 2:34 and 3:6; Joshua 10:28-40, 11:10-12, 14, 15, 20 and 21; and Judges 21:10-12.)

A passage of joyful prose from the book of Psalms praises the destruction of even the smallest of enemies:

“O daughter of Babylon, you devastator! Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!” (Psalms 137:8)

Please read the bible if your faith is based on it. Thanks. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 11:25

• Dray0308

Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 6, 2016 @ 11:32

• Please explain.. hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 11:37

• Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 6, 2016 @ 18:42

• OK I am normally tolerant. But you are pushing it. You made a comment that was not accurate, I answered you with fact. You responded with nonsense. I asked you to explain and you did not. You are pushing my good nature. Please don’t do it again. Either answer the questions asked you, or refrain from commenting. Thank you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 18:48

• Ok, I don’t need to read the Bible and you know Everything being Athiest

Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 6, 2016 @ 18:54

• You are the one professing to be a “christian” and you were the one who made the comment this started from. Own up to your own actions please. Insults won’t solve your problem. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 19:12

• I’m not insulting I’m standing up for what I believe

Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 6, 2016 @ 19:14

• what you believe is not what you claimed was true. That is what we are talking about. I say again this started because you said your god did not kill babies. I have shown you it did. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 19:19

• I don’t need to read my Bible I know what’s “true” in it. As an athiest you should read the Bible the right way the True way.

Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 6, 2016 @ 19:02

• If your faith is based on the bible then you do need to read and understand it, you can’t just choose parts of it you “know” are true. If you don’t base your faith on the bible you are not christian , you are a deist. There is nothing wrong with being a deist, most of our founding fathers were. I just need you to realize what you say and mean vrs what you profess. As for reading the bible, sadly that is a dodge. You pretend all you want. There is no “true” way. You either read with a goal of reading it, or you skip over what you don’t want to see. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 19:08

• No, I know it I just don’t have it all memorized and right now I’ve a concussion so my memory is very fuzzy

Comment by kountrymama2012 — December 6, 2016 @ 19:13

• No sadly if you can’t show it, you don’t know it. It is not about memorization, it is about reason. You started this by saying that your god did not kill babies. Wrong by most of your own famous biblical stories. Was there no babies when the great flood happened, did they not all die? The first born children of Egypt? See you don’t even bother to understand the very thing you claim to hold so deeply. You made a knee jerk reaction based on the word abortion, not realizing as most christians don’t that the biblical god endorsed abortion. That is all I am trying to show you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 19:18

2. Thanks for standing up for women’s rights Scottie.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — December 6, 2016 @ 03:56

• Wemon have a right to the right of control of their own body as much as I have the same right over my own. It is one the fair and correct thing to do. I had one push back that said “her god did not kill babies” which is wrong. So it is wonderful to get your support. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 11:19

3. I must protest in the strongest of terms.

That cannot possibly be a true representation of the Christian god, Scottie. I have always understood that, based on many conversations over the years with Christians, their god is a 36b, leather clad, whip wielding, bi-sexual, blonde with attitude and her son is a well-hung dude of mixed race who enjoys a bit of rabble rousing in the Temple on a Friday night and a blow job on the Sabbath.
    At least this is the god/s Christians really wish for.

😉