December 6, 2016

Cherry picking to hurt others, not that they follow the rules.

Filed under: History, Ideas, meme, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 18:22

Thumbnail

1. I’m not a Christian but I sort of remember a story of Jesus angrily throwing people from the Temple because they blatantly ignored the spirit of Jehovah’s law whilel following the forms for personal gain.

I doubt we could find a ‘Temple’ large enough to do the same these days. If I were ever foolish enough to think about returning to religion, the ignorance and hypocrisy would send me running for the hills again.

Comment by acflory — December 6, 2016 @ 18:58

• Thank you. I am having a little problem with a “christian” who decided to come to my blog and argue with me. Seem I am not reading her bible correctly. When I point out the very passages in the bible she disagrees with , I somehow am wrong as I am not reading it “True”. I am not sure what drives these people. I am trying to remain respectful, but it is hard. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 19:11

• My late mother used to argue the same way. It got to the point where we couldn’t even agree on basic family history. I thought I was seeing everything through the lens of logic and ‘facts’. She was seeing everything through the lens of how those events and facts impinged on her image of herself.
        I came to the conclusion that arguing was futile because we simply weren’t speaking the same language.
        I never did manage to come to grips with my mother’s version of reality so I can’t offer any advice, or hope. If she annoys you too much just block her. Not much else you can do. 😦

Comment by acflory — December 6, 2016 @ 20:07

• Thank you. You are far wiser and understanding than I. I am sorry about the difficulties between your mom and you. I try to treat others as I would want to be treated, I know that is sort of out of favor right now, but I will treat her as nice as I can while remaining truthful. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 6, 2016 @ 20:39

• Do unto others as you would have them do unto you is perhaps the greatest legacy Christianity has given the world. Pity more Christians don’t follow it. -hugs-

Comment by acflory — December 6, 2016 @ 21:26