December 20, 2016

Rather good guidelines to live by.

Filed under: Ideas, My Life and Rants, Reason — Scottie @ 13:40

I got them from here:   http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/11/29/the-satanic-temples-seven-tenets-are-far-more-ethical-than-the-ten-commandments/

guidelines-to-live-by

1. Sounds very much like humanism. Have you ever read the tenets of the Unitarian Universalist church?

Comment by KIA — December 20, 2016 @ 20:58

• Oh I see now, I missed this part. No is that where the ideas came from? Sounds like a good group if they really do live by them. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 21, 2016 @ 06:56

2. The Inherent worth and dignity of every person;[39]
    Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;[40]
    Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;[41]
    A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;[42]
    The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;[43]
    The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;[44]
    Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.[45]

Comment by KIA — December 20, 2016 @ 20:59

• I like these also. Where are they from? What are the numbers at the end of each of them? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 21, 2016 @ 06:55

• They are ref numbers on the Wikipedia article.

Comment by KIA — December 21, 2016 @ 07:00

• Cool. I just looked them up. I like the different sources they use. I would say that they are almost pagan, except they follow the christ god. Other than that they sound grand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 21, 2016 @ 07:02

3. I try to follow them

Comment by omtatjuan3 — December 21, 2016 @ 07:28

• I do also. Sadly it is part of being human to fail at it sometimes. We also seem to need to be reminded of them sometimes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 21, 2016 @ 07:29