December 24, 2016

Oh well it is life

Filed under: Health, History, My Life and Rants, Questions — Scottie @ 21:08

It appears that the huge , over the top pain I have been in the last four months is due to another fracture of my left hip, plus a compression of my left ball joint, and my left knee developing  both severe arthritis and water on the knee.  I did not need this.

Well my doctor kept insisting I get x-rays, and I kept putting it off for one reason or the other.  Then I fell in the bedroom in front of Ron and he insisted we go right away to have the x-ray done.  Look I know he loves me, but he knew how I was suffering, but seeing me fall was somehow a trigger for him.

Turns out I have damage to my left knee and my left hip is now going as my right one did.  A slow decompression into unusability and a total hip replacement.  Plus a nice new new hip fracture.  Like I have not had enough of them.

For some people a hip replacement is a great thing.  It saves them.  It gives them back the ability to walk, do things in normal life.

But not not me.  My bones are dying.  They can’t tell me why and they can’t stop it.  So I must wait until there is nothing holding my leg to my body, like I did with my right one ( only then I had excellent support from the V.A. which gave me everything and took care of me.) When my right leg was no longer had any upper bone left the V.A. opperated.

Civilian doctors I have seen since say they wouldn’t have used that model of hip joint, they even say they can see failures in the operation.  Doesn’t matter, I went from not walking to walking with a walker or a cane.  I was in a wheelchair for 2 and 1/2 years.    That is grand to be able to walk after that.  I love it.   In fact some times in the house I don’t even need a cane to move around.  Grand.  Yes I have a scar that goes from the inside of one butt cheek all the way to the mid point on that same side leg.  But hey my surgeon was 78 years old, maybe he need that to see what he was doing.   Here is the real key point.  I had no money, having lost the ability to stand or work.   The hip replacement I needed would have cost  $35,000 at a minimum in a civilian facility.   My right leg was only now attached to my body by muscle and skin, the entire upper bone was gone.   SO not having any real money I did it, I let them replace my hip.  Yup I can proudly say…they screwed it up !!!!

Now my other leg is going.  This time I will be using civilian doctors and such.  Do I expect better outcomes.  NO.  I have already written how the last time Ron had to come in and argue with them and bandage my open wound himself.  That won’t happen now.  But will anything be any better.

Well one great thing. All our local hospitals have free wifi and I have both a pad and laptops.   Hugs

1. I’m so sorry you are going through this. Sending good thoughts your way Scottie.

Comment by cornfedcontessa — December 24, 2016 @ 22:19

• Thank you I appreciate it , but I have a great life all things considered , and I am so happy to have what I have . Thanks. Hugs.

Comment by Scottie — December 24, 2016 @ 22:25

2. It appears that the huge , over the top pain I have been in the last four months is due to another fracture of my left hip,

And there was me thinking the huge pain was Colorstorm!

Take it easy, Scottie.
    Rooting for you, my man.

Comment by Arkenaten — December 25, 2016 @ 03:37

• Yes well he is a pain in a different spot 🙂 It is ok ARK, I appreciate the thoughts. I have had these conditions most of my life, I have had a long time to adjust. I prefer to see the best side of it, to laugh rather than cry. I have a good support team, and a wonderful spouse. Be well, have lots of fun today. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 25, 2016 @ 10:49

3. wow, Scottie
    I’m so sorry to hear about this. Won’t ask why I’m hearing about this here.. :/ But, I sure hope this is not your way of just trying to play with the orderlies???? Seriously my brother, please be well. You are needed.

very concerned hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — December 25, 2016 @ 06:32

• Thank you Brother. As you know I get stress fractures all the time so they don’t worry me. This was a deeper fracture caused from the fall. Actually two falls. It was the compression of the ball joint that got me. It is happening just as it did in the right leg. Oh well. The reason you are hearing it now was I just found out myself yesterday. I was not able to get it read by the doctor the last visit, they were having trouble. I forgot I have a way of seeing my test results personally. Oh and I did not mention but my L-5 vertebrae is showing a lot more damage. I have to go look that up today. Be well. I wish you the very best christmas. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 25, 2016 @ 10:47

• This was the part I left out of the story, I have to look up what it means. Hugs ” spondylosis at L5-S1. This also appears
      worse when compared to the study of 5/18/2015″

Comment by Scottie — December 25, 2016 @ 10:56

• sounds like a song from Marry Poppins. I think you are hogging too many of the big words from the medical books, my brother.

Comment by randy — December 25, 2016 @ 14:42

• 🙂 I love it. Did you get the song I sent to your phone. I just cleaned the kitchen, was proud of myself. Ron is sleeping he is pulling four 12 hours shifts, James is sleeping, gods knows what he is pulling… 🙂 🙂 😉 I hope your day is grand and happy. You are in my thoughts. Hugs brother.

Comment by Scottie — December 25, 2016 @ 15:27

• Hello my wonderful brother;
        I did see the song on the phone, but it came at a bad time for me to watch it. I’m listening to it now as I type this…Love it~ oh, and forgive me, there was no “reply” line by your response. So, my very nice sweet neighbor ladies had me over for Christmas dinner. Had a good time. She is a wonderful cook…. would you believe she made prime rib?!!?, mashed potatoes, zuchini, and chocolate pie for desert. Oh, I am full! So very much wish you were here. Hugs, my brother.

Comment by randy — December 25, 2016 @ 20:36

• Oh Grand !!!! I am so happy, and now I know what to make you for holiday dinners. I like it all except for that horrible zucchini stuff. Hey Ron makes a wonderful standing rib ( prime rib ) he slow cooks it for a long time.. It is grand. Be well and happy. I think you are grand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 25, 2016 @ 21:58

4. You’re in my thoughts, my friend.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — December 25, 2016 @ 07:15

• Thanks. I appreciate it. I have learned to deal with it. I have had stress fractures for many many years. This one was just a lot worse than normal. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 25, 2016 @ 10:43

5. Hey, free wifi! That’s like saying, “Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?”

Comment by omtatjuan3 — December 25, 2016 @ 08:44

• 🙂 Yup. I prefer to laugh than cry. I have had to deal with life long illnesses and have learned to deal with it. I have a great support system. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 25, 2016 @ 10:42

6. Yuck and yuck again. When will you be going in, or know when you are going in?

Comment by heretherebespiders — December 27, 2016 @ 10:50

• No information right now. I have to talk to them on the 9th about what they want to do. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 27, 2016 @ 11:42

• Okay. Keep us updated.

Comment by heretherebespiders — December 27, 2016 @ 11:49

• Oh I will….it seems I can’t help blabbing to everyone on my blog. 🙂 😉 Seriously I love that you care. That helps me feel better. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — December 27, 2016 @ 16:55