January 6, 2017

A Christian Couple Let Their 7-Year-Old Adopted Son Die Because They Had “Issues Going to Doctors”

Filed under: Children, Criminal, Family, Harm, Health, News, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 09:39

Few things make me angrier than the deliberate abuse and neglect of those who can not defend or speak up for themselves.   This is why it is a horrible idea to give religions more power over a secular society.   They have been taught that science is bad, wrong, and immoral because it might detract from the make believe of their god’s book.  This is what you get when media elevates a person’s religious beliefs over all else.   This is the direct result of decades of religions trying to force their myths to be taught in schools, to force their way into government, to force their myths on everyone else even those who do not agree or follow their myths.   This is one reason why discrimination based on religious faiths must not become laws.  If these discrimination laws based on religious faith get implemented we will see a lot more abuse and many more deaths of people unable to defend themselves against the hate and ignorance of religious people.   Hugs

Timothy and Sarah Johnson, a couple from Minnesota, allowed their 7-year-old adopted child Seth to die of pancreatitis because they had “issues going to doctors.”

Source: A Christian Couple Let Their 7-Year-Old Adopted Son Die Because They Had “Issues Going to Doctors”

1. This boy died in horrible pain. Pancreatitis is not pleasant. These people need to be imprisoned for life in deep, dank pit. Utterly disgusting.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — January 6, 2017 @ 09:44

• I agree. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 6, 2017 @ 09:46

• I honestly hate Christians. and I wish those those Christians that voted trump get turned over to ISIS.

Comment by theliesofcjpearson — January 6, 2017 @ 12:14

• I don’t hate most christians, I do develop dislike and even anger against the die hard “my religion is always right” ones. I feel that way to the ones that try to force their doctrine into public law, into government, into schools, into the lives of other people who do not share their view. Now those that voted for tRump. That is where I get really angry, which is sad because I know people I otherwise like who did that. I do hope they get the mistreatment that the rest of the oppressed are going to feel. That they get the fear and the hopelessness that the very poor are dealing with. That may seem harsh from me but they should reap what they sow instead of pushing the pain on the rest of us. I listened to one republicain say that the poor simply shouldn’t have health care. IF you can’t afford to pay the full cost of tests and treatment, you should just not have it. That leave a lot of people dying and suffering from broken bones, illnesses, and diseases that could be help and cured. Only the wealthy should have care, only they should live long happy lives is basicly the idea this man is pushing. Be well. Thanks for commenting. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 6, 2017 @ 12:38

2. of course, i’m sure if one of the parents was suffering in that much pain, they would be at the doctor’s office PRONTO. They should be denied ever to see a doctor or get medical treatment for anything. if jeeeezzzzuuuusss don’t want to heal them. then they should just die.

Comment by theliesofcjpearson — January 6, 2017 @ 11:58

• Yes you are right, if it was their pain it would be different. I see so many people who can not see the suffering nor feel the pain of others. Only when it happens to them is it a real thing and a big deal. How many of us have tried to explain what we are going through, feeling , only to have it dismissed or told it is not that bad. Look at what happened to you! So the boy suffered, they did not feel it. Oh you are so correct on that. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 6, 2017 @ 12:41

3. Our children’s safety comes before everything. It has to. Their health, and their safety. I took my daughter to the ER 31 times before they finally realized her gallbladder needed to be removed. Then 15 doctors and 2 weeks at the mayo clinic to diagnose her with POTS. She is my priority. I would never ever imagine a parent denying their child care. As an adult we can choose for ourselves. I can say…eh, I think i will tough this out. But as an advocate for our child it is our job to make sure they do not suffer

Comment by bethanyk — January 10, 2017 @ 20:43

• You are so correct and admirable. I was mortified this guy was pushing his view by hurting his child, and he got away with it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 10, 2017 @ 21:17