January 12, 2017

Melted Candle

Filed under: Ideas, My Life and Rants, Pictures, Things I like — Scottie @ 12:03

I am burning one of the candles I made and it melted down into a weird and wonderful shape.   I thought I would practice my photography using it.   I took some with the flash on, and some with the flash off.   Hope you enjoy them.  Hugs

1. Too funny, it looks like it has its hands on it’s hips! What do you use to take pictures?

Comment by heretherebespiders — January 12, 2017 @ 17:46

• I thought the same thing. I have a canon powershot A590. I got it a couple years ago. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 12, 2017 @ 17:59

2. It reminds me of an orange hulk or a beautiful woman in a fancy dress. Two totally opposites. But I loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing. I love things like this.

Comment by bethanyk — January 13, 2017 @ 15:49

• Thank you. For me the candles were therapy. See after I was too ill to work I spent 6 to 8 months in bed. Ron was getting desperate to get me back into life. He knew I was creative and liked to make things, yet I simply did not have the strength. So he bought a rolling table, a set up, and all the stuff to get me into the art of making candles. We had a great friend who gave us molds. Ron did not care if it lasted one or two days. He simply wanted to see life in my eyes.

It worked! He started buying me wax and I started to melt it and make candles. We made candles, and we started making candles. We made candles. We did it now and again. We made so many grand and great candles . Ron kept buy wax and soon I was out of bed and working on candles while in my wheelchair. I never noticed how many candles we had because Ron kep boxing them up and storing them in our sheds. Seems he and my doctors had come up with this way to get me back into life as I was slowly slipping away. I got into it and I made candles every day if I could. Some day it was only a couple. Some days it was a whole table full. I kept making them and Ron kept hiding them. After I got better we counted the boxes. I had 15 deep boxes of candles of every shape I had made.

That is love, that is dedication. I don’t know how much it cost him to buy the wax or other supplies, how much it took for him to stay awake and help me at first. After that my computers were still in the bedroom so he must have known what I was doing. But all of it was designed to simply get me from going to end of life, to having an interest in life. Much loves. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 13, 2017 @ 16:16

• Wow! Just wow. To be loved that much. It is a beautiful thing. Thank you so much for sharing that! For sharing your love he has for you. So you MADE these candles!!!! wow! This is so incredible. I love them so much. How did you add the color? It seems very theraputic. And to watch them burn and create new shapes as the melted would be very relaxing. Sending love and hugs.

Comment by bethanyk — January 13, 2017 @ 16:33

• Hello Beth. You are so right, it was a act of great love. He is my most wonderful knight in shining armor. Yes I made the candles. IF you look back through my posts you will see a bunch of candles I made. It was and still is very therapeutic. It is incredible how it helps me order my thoughts. As for the color there are several ways. The easiest is a crayon. It is made of wax and it adds color without a problem. A better way is to buy a color block from any store, such as wal-mart, target, or a craft store. All are interesting.

Watching them burn and melt. Yes that is part of the alure. These are works of my own hand, I sented them, I shaped them. So they have a way of meaning something to me when they burn. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 13, 2017 @ 19:30

• Crayons. Brilliant!!!!

Comment by bethanyk — January 13, 2017 @ 23:24

• Thanks. I have to go to a funeral today at 1PM and after that I will take pictures of my candle set ups and the color bricks I have been making. Also you can use pickle jars, the big ones, as jar candles. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 14, 2017 @ 11:53

• Oh gosh I’m sorry for your loss.
        I look forward to the pictures of the candles.

Comment by bethanyk — January 14, 2017 @ 12:50

• I did not know the man well, but I am friends with his wife and I help her with all her electronics. So when he died she gave me all his clothing, thousands of dollars of stuff. One thing I miss not being religious is singing the hymns. I will take some pictures later for you. Take a look at this post. https://scottiestoybox.com/2016/10/25/candles-shelves-love-and-happiness/ Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 14, 2017 @ 14:43

• Sounds like a very sweet family. I loved singing hymns too.

Comment by bethanyk — January 14, 2017 @ 15:53