January 25, 2017

Your resource: the definitive collection of vaccines-don’t-cause autism papers

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 11:56

I know how valuable this information can be. I worked in a major hospital and had ICU nurses I worked with who were adamant that vaccines caused all these other problems. They constantly refused flu vaccines and other vaccines needed to work in our units. I hope this reaches the people who need to hear it. Thanks to Jerry Coyne for posting it. Hugs

Why Evolution Is True

Peter Hotez is co-editor-in-chief of the journal PLOS NTD (Neglected Tropical Diseases), is an expert in vaccination. Here are his qualifications:

Prof. Peter Hotez MD PhD is professor of pediatrics and molecular virology and microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, where is also Texas Children’s Hospital Endowed Chair in Tropical Pediatrics, and Dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine. He is also the President of the Sabin Vaccine Institute and director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development.

Those credentials are given at the bottom of his latest post on the PLOS Blog Speaking of Medicine, a post called “The ‘Why Vaccines Don’t Cause Autism’ Papers.” This is a site worth bookmarking.

He has another qualification to pronounce on the issue of vaccination and autism:

But I’m also a father of four children, including my adult daughter Rachel who has autism and other mental…

View original post 492 more words

1. Flu vaccines are different. My public health colleagues, while publicly recommending them to uphold the party line, privately said they were a waste of space given that the vaccine had to be devloped before the year’s flu strain was known …

Comment by roughseasinthemed — January 25, 2017 @ 15:35

• However they don’t cause autism nor do they cause the flu. They are required to work in the ICU, and every year the same people would raise heck about how dangerous they are. Then they would lump all vaccines together as I did. How are you doing? Hope all is well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 25, 2017 @ 16:09

• No, but they are basically a waste of space, time and money. Someone’s best guess at this year’s flu? I think not.

Good thanks. Hope you are too. In spite of the Bad Evil Orange Thing. I feel for you, and every other person with health problems, who is homosexual, and who doesn’t want their pussy grabbed. I cringe whenever I read comments supporting him. Sorry. OT.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — January 25, 2017 @ 16:26

• 🙂 It is with the support of other people, such as yourself, that we manage to cope. It is hard as every day brings new scandals, harms, and horrors. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 25, 2017 @ 16:29

• True Scottie, we should support each other. I don’t give a shit about someone’s sexual orientation and it pisses me right off that others want to interfere. I do give a shit about health. It should be a fundamental human right. As should be a woman’s right to choose what to do with their body.

Why isn’t Trump out there generating much-promised jobs to blue collar middle America instead of depriving women in developing countries of much-needed aid? Ugh. Easy to ban, not so easy to implement. You aren’t alone sweetheart. Even if we’re only all on the internet. Still care.

Comment by roughseasinthemed — January 25, 2017 @ 16:39

• Thank you, it means a lot to me, it really does. I agree with what you wrote. I hope all the people who marched will make an impression on the administration, but I doubt they will care. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — January 25, 2017 @ 16:42

2. I have also dealt with people on this same issue. Now we have some of the childhood diseases back due to the lack of researching the information before deciding. Plus most vaccine do not totally prevent the illness like the flu vaccine but it is mean to ward of the major symptoms and length of the illness. Like pain medication, it is not meant to make a person totally pain free but it is given to reduce the severity of the level of pain to make the person more comfortable and the pain more tolerable.

Comment by Patty — February 2, 2017 @ 17:08

• Hello Patty. You are such a wonderful nurse and a grand educator. It must be hard to get through to the new nurses you teach the idea of how important vaccines are? Keep teaching what is needed to know Patty, the students need to hear it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 3, 2017 @ 14:22