February 18, 2017

What you believe

Filed under: My Life and Rants, News, opinion, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 10:28

Recently Ron and I were at a restaurant.  We sat at a booth and across the aisle from us was another booth.  The people in the booth were older and not shy.  The were sharing their opinions with each other at a volume that could clearly be heard several tables away.

The were fox news viewers.  The repeated said how only fox news will tell them the truth.  Fox was the only one not bought and paid for, not an arm of a political party.   They loudly affirmed that tRump was the greatest president ever, who was being unfairly attacked by the fake news people.   All other news sources were lying.  They were fake news.  They were all in the pay of the bad liberals.  You know those people who hate the country.  They were not shy about proclaiming the truth that Obama had done worse than tRump.  The shared that Obama had banned muslims from far more countries and the democrats did not care and they had proof, they saw it on fox news.  Obama had hated the country and wanted to tear it apart, and tRump had put it back together.  Already the economy was bouncing back, the unemployment rate was great again, and other countries were respecting us again.   They were going to get rid of Obamacare and replace it with the ACA.  There was so much more.  Most of it was lies, rumor and innuendo they took at serious truth.

Ron was ready to get up and go across to them and set them straight but I held him back.  I told him they simply wouldn’t believe him and he would be the one in the wrong for trying to correct them.  He would be a Hillary supporter trying to take away their rights as true Americans and if we were gay we were mostly likely perverts who wanted to make love right there in the restaurant to all the guys in sight.   It was surreal what was happening.

Be wary my friends, they walk among us and they vote.   Hugs

1. Scottie, I probably shouldn’t have laughed at that story but I just couldn’t help myself. You are such a gem. 🙂

Comment by carmen — February 18, 2017 @ 10:39

• 🙂 I am glad you laughed, it is much better reaction than being angry or crying. They hate to be laughed at, they have no humor. Thanks Carmen. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 18, 2017 @ 10:43

2. Scary people indeed.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — February 18, 2017 @ 11:10

3. Hi Scottie;
    They are out there…. and they vote! Dying here! ;D

I heard Fox’s Chris Wallace actually defend the other news agencies as having reported factually correct news. He felt they were working to undercut tRump, but they were accurate if not fair. Totally befuddled the other reporter questioning him and seeking to get him to deep six the other news agencies. Someone didn’t get the memo.

hugs;
    randy

Comment by randy — February 18, 2017 @ 13:01

• I like it. You had me with the memo line. SO you like me and the world think fox people get told what to say and push? Sad isn’t it, but it must be true. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 18, 2017 @ 13:08

• Hi Scottie;
        Just read something a bit baffling: tRump has a 38% approval rating…. so this means that 38% of the people LIKE what he is doing?!!!?

Comment by randy — February 18, 2017 @ 17:42

• Ya? Weird right. But then if you read my report of being in the restaurant across from the fox news / total tRump supporters you would see why. Hope all is well. Lets chat tomorrow. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 18, 2017 @ 17:48

4. Not being a genuine American I do not have to suffer under the state of the nation. However, thankyou Mr. Trump for the term “fake news” – you can use it everywhere, even where the inventor of the term did not intend it to be used.

Comment by angloswiss — February 18, 2017 @ 13:16

• So correct. It will be a bane for everyone for years to come. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — February 18, 2017 @ 13:20

5. Umm, “other countries are respecting us again”? I think it’s more in the line of looking aghast at the US, a country the rest of the western world could share many values with and who is, unfortunately, going in the wrong direction.
    But maybe I shouldn’t say anything; we might be on the wrong path as well, depending on the results of our coming election in May, over here.
    You did well not interacting with them; there is no way to reason with narrow minded people.

Comment by Miss Bougie — February 18, 2017 @ 13:42