April 3, 2017

Only 7 years ago

Filed under: History, My Life and Rants, Pictures — Tags: , — Scottie @ 21:56

Strange how we change.  This picture was taken of me in the breakroom having my lunch at the hospital I worked at.  I worked in the Surgical ICU.  This was 6 or 7 years ago.  It was already wearing on me.  I looked so different than today, at least in my eyes.   I don’t see the smile I normally wear so my body could already have started to fail.   I see in this I had my old cell phone, it was a new model at the time with a flip out keyboard.   The thing for texting, which I love to do.  However I think a year or so after I started working we switched to IPhones.  So my first IPhone was 4.  SO it came out in July of 2010.  I started work in April 2010.  Ron could tell me when it was taken, but I can’t.   What do you think compared to the way I look now?  Hugs

Scottie at work

1. From the looks of it you seem to be having a very interesting conversation, nice throwback thanks for sharing

Comment by Cory Melancon — April 3, 2017 @ 22:13

• I love to text. No idea who I was texting to then. Thanks . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 3, 2017 @ 22:15

• What in the world did we do before it lol, and how did we make it without it lol😊

Comment by Cory Melancon — April 3, 2017 @ 22:16

• agreed, I can not imagine. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 3, 2017 @ 22:17

2. Oh my goodness, I’d never have known that was you. You look tired, and vulnerable, and not particularly happy. I like your smiles better now.

Comment by heretherebespiders — April 4, 2017 @ 16:33

• Yes, as I just told Esme I had not dealt well with my abuse. I am now deeper into the dealing with it. Back then I was just trying to minimise it and pretend it had not affected me in any way. I am happier now. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2017 @ 12:35

3. You look like a shadow of the man I see and know Scottie. None of the spark or warm happiness that you shine out now seems to be there, though I can still see your lovely long eyelashes as you stare down at the phone,therefore would recognize you for them at least! It’s the right way round, to see a picture from the past and find you look happier and healthier now, because although you may not be physically well, you do radiate a kind of healthy spirit. Just like Esme does. *hugs*

– Esme nodding and waving upon the Cloud

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — April 4, 2017 @ 18:24

• Thank you Esme. I had not tried seriously to deal with the abuse in my past. I had gone from denying it to trying to contain it and pretend it did not bother me / affect me. Now that i have faced it, seen how it has colored so much of my life I am much happier, and can see the better side of the world. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 5, 2017 @ 12:28