April 28, 2017

Why I have not been on blogs, and not answered emails. Medical stuff.

Filed under: Health, Love, My Life and Rants — Tags: , , — Scottie @ 13:32

This got long.  34 minutes of my voice.   So place consider this to be tortured and several humanitarian groups have formed to help those who have listened to the whole thing.  🙂  I am not whining about anything in the video, just explaining.    IF you force yourself to occasionally glance at the screen you see my normal smile and happy demeanor.   The reason it got long was the confusion I get into with my pain medications and the changing blood sugar.  So enjoy and try to not stuff too much into your ears to block the sound.   Hugs

1. Sorry to hear you have been so ill, Scottie.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — April 28, 2017 @ 14:00

• Thanks. it has been decades since I was diagnosed and it has gotten worse over time, with more systems failing. Having said that I am lucky to have the care and the help I do, Many don’t have the same support I do. Ron has been the greatest husband ever. For 27 years he has taken care of me. I have access to doctors and medications. Lots of people don’t. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 28, 2017 @ 14:18

2. I just listened to the whole thing, Scottie. I am piecing a quilt and can do both. 🙂 I am so glad that you’ve had good news lately and it’s always lovely to hear your voice. You’re absolutely right, though; your circumstances could be so much worse. You are so upbeat and positive that your mental health has got to be top-notch. Hope you are having a good day! The grass is getting green here – finally!

Comment by Carmen — April 28, 2017 @ 14:22

• Hello Carmen. Thank you. I bet you are happy to see the grass growing now after the large snow fall you had this year. I can imagination the grand kids playing in the yard while a big picnic is going on. I look forward to the stories and pictures. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 28, 2017 @ 14:28

3. “I say I’m not worth the powder to blow me up” – Hahahahaha, that’s a saying I’ve not heard before, and one I’ll use myself now methinks.

I’m going to take a leaf from your book and insist on some support for my next MRI scan (had a few) as I too get a huge amount of pain when lying flat and last time it was my hips and lower spine going crazy. And the doctor just kept shouting at me to stay still, but I couldn’t stay still, it was impossible, I think my bones were leaving before my body because they’d had enough hahahaha. I hadn’t thought of support.

I get where Ron is coming from, and I see it from your perspective too when it comes to helping out, there’s a place to meet in the middle though by the sound of it. Massages are immensely beneficial in a variety of ways, the more the merrier say I.

Oh and I got a shout out too! Lovely to hear ‘Esme’ said in that accent of yours Scottie, and your laugh is very infectious, so despite some of the darker parts, you still had me laughing and smiling, and that’s bearing in mind I am full of a grim cold at present too. For a man on lots of painkillers you orate perfectly you know. It’s good news hearing your blood sugar is getting under control, and I’m so happy to hear about this upcoming surgery of yours!

And you got your disability!! I had no idea it could be so hard over there to get it, in the UK it’s nigh on impossible at present to get any no matter how bad a state you’re in. It’s horrendous and many people are in a terrible state over it all, so when someone does get it, I jump for joy.

I watched it all of course and you’re a breath of fresh air Scottie, talk for as long as you want, you’ll always have a listener and watcher in Esme who loves you right back – hugs for you and Ron too. ❤

– Esme a regular jumping bean waving at Scottie happily from upon the Cloud

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — April 28, 2017 @ 15:55

• Oh Esme, you do an old man’s heart good. You put a spring in my step and a smile on my face reading your kind and grand words. I really am serious I do have it good. I have problems but I have help for them and a lover who is totally unselfish. I love to laugh now, I love to smile now. Those are things I never learned to do growing up, things I never did as a young adult. Ron taught me to laugh and gave me a reason to smile. Ron asked me to let you know he loved your comment. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 28, 2017 @ 16:47

4. This is the first video of yours Ive seen, I actually waited for the end to see if you’d say hugs and you did lol…

On a serious note I am in awe of your ability to stay positive with all you have going on, it’s so very inspiring…

Comment by Cory Melancon — May 1, 2017 @ 19:27

• Hello Cory. You poor soul being subjected to the whole video 🙂 Actually the hugs are an interesting story. I will do a post on it tomorrow. This has been a traumatic day for me. A double MRI and a bone scan that wrenched my hip, so this is the first I have been on the computer and it is 10 PM here. I want to see a few things and go back to bed. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 21:56

5. Oh my goodness!! You poor thing!!!!! I truly feel for you!!!! I have no idea how I have missed some of your blog posts! But I have. I’m looking through now to find ones I have missed.

Comment by bethanyk — May 4, 2017 @ 16:29

• Thank you Bethany, but no worries. I am well, I am getting rested. I am not even doing the little things I use to, like help with the dishes or other people’s computers. The doctor wants me to not stand or put any weight on that left femur head until I get the surgery. I think they are overdoing it a little but I understand. With all you have going on I can understand why you would miss a thing or two on blogs. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 4, 2017 @ 16:45

• Have the scheduled a time for surgery?
        I think it is the wifi. Sometimes we have it and sometimes we don’t. So I miss things. Plus, with wordpress, some things go to my reader and some only to my email. So.I have to check both and my email had 400 today

Comment by bethanyk — May 4, 2017 @ 16:47

• Wow, I understand. I can’t keep up with every place I want to go and everyone I want to write to. But I enjoy it, it keeps me in the world instead of going crazy in the house. I see the surgeon on the 26th, first appointment they had open. He does his surgeries on friday, but I don’t know where. The people I saw in the office said I would be in the hospital overnight, and if any problems developed I could be in the hospital for a week. IF no problems I come home, if a problem I go to a rehab / care home. That is why we have worked so hard to get my sugar under control. I was hitting the 400’s and they wouldn’t do surgery if they did not have to at that level. I wont heal well anyway but no sense pushing it. So I will know more after the 25th. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 4, 2017 @ 16:52

• 400s!!!!! i am so glad you are working so hard to keep them down. My beloved cousin has diabetes and when his was in the 400s it just ruined his entire day. The balance is so hard so I have heard through him and his healing is also compromised. Hoping for a day surgery for you! No problems! Just a little overnight stay and off to recovery. i hope and pray.

Comment by bethanyk — May 4, 2017 @ 16:57

• Thank you. My sugar was rising and raising. When it got to over 400 I complained to the doctor himself, not his PA. The doctor took me off all the meds she had put me on, took my off the inulin and injectables, ( which saved me some money) and he put me on a high does of two meds. My sugar is down now. The problem I have is the see saw effect. My meds make it go too low some times so I have had to take sugar tablets to bring it back up. So when I am in the normal range of 100-120 I feel great, when it is too low I am sick, sweating, nauseous, tired and can’t stay awake. About the same when it goes too high. SO I am either forced into sleep by it being too high or by it being too low . 🙂 Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 4, 2017 @ 17:08

• Low blood sugar is just as awful as high it sounds. I hope they can get these meds to balance you out. That seems miserable. That and your leg is a lot on your plate!

Comment by bethanyk — May 4, 2017 @ 18:17