April 30, 2017

My sugar crashed

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 21:18

I had just finished frying french fries 🍟 for my supper, but before I could eat them my sugar crashed. It comes on sudden. I get confused so it is hard to tell it is happening. I first get slightly confused, then I start to sweat, I mean it just pours off me. I went to my office and got my blood sugar test kit. I was starting to shake as I did the test. My blood sugar was 85. That was too low. So I took a glucose tablet and two spoonfuls of peanut butter. I was just able to get to my bed. I fell asleep. When I woke up two hours later I took these pictures. As you can see my wonderful guardian cat Milo was watching over me. Hugs.

Sent from my iPad,
Hugs and Best wishes,
Scottie

1. Get well soon friend and thank you Milo for keeping Scottie safe πŸ˜‡

Comment by Cory Melancon — April 30, 2017 @ 22:10

• Hello Cory. Milo thanks you and says he takes the job of watching Scottie seriously and it is hard work. I say Milo shows me he loves me all the time with the attention he pays to me. Thanks and hugs

Comment by Scottie — April 30, 2017 @ 23:23

2. Sorry to hear you’re unwell, Scottie. Are you hypoglycaemic? Apologies, not familiar with your condition.

Comment by acflory — May 1, 2017 @ 05:47

• Yes, I am a type 2 diabetic. My sugar was really high and uncontrolled. They hit me with a lot of meds and now I have to watch it doesn’t go to low. No worries, I wouldn’t expect you to know all my diverse and lamented ills, as I care too much for people to subject them to that . πŸ™‚ Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 08:56

3. Scottie, thinking of you and hoping you feel better today!

Comment by Carmen — May 1, 2017 @ 10:08

• I do, thank you Carmen. This is something that is happening a lot right now. I may have to adjust my medications. The thing is I am missing so much online time with my sugar surging high and then crashing low. I got scared last night because I was alone and if it goes too low it can induce a coma. I have seen that happen to people. Thanks again, don’t worry I am in good spirits. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 11:11

• Hugs back at ya – feeling any better this afternoon?

Comment by Carmen — May 1, 2017 @ 12:34

• Yes, thank you. Love the hugs. I had my bone density scan this morning, going in 10 minutes for the MRI of my left hip. Poor Ron worked three 12 hour shifts in a row, he came home this morning, got 1 hour of sleep, had to take me to the bone scan, came home got 2 hours sleep and now has to take me for the MRI. I am so grateful to him for being as kind and nice as he is. He never gets angry or upset. Gotta run. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 12:37

4. Take care my friends!

Comment by omtatjuan3 — May 1, 2017 @ 10:17

• Thanks. It comes and goes. I just get upset because I am missing so much online time with my blood sugar sea sawing up and down. It frustrates me. last night scared me because I was alone. Thanks and be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 11:08

5. Oh my gosh you poor thing! I hate when things come on all of a sudden like that. I’m glad you thought quickly enough to get a tablet and peanutbutter . I see you were being adequately monitored πŸ™‚

Comment by bethanyk — May 1, 2017 @ 16:11

• Hello Bethany. You are correct, the cat scan was in full force. πŸ™‚ Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 21:53

• LOL that is soooo funny!!!! Hope you are doing better!

Comment by bethanyk — May 1, 2017 @ 22:07

• I am, but I had a bone scan today and a double MRI. They wrenched my hip for the bone scan. The lady did not know and it sent me into a haze when I could breath again. She grabbed my foot and twisted it hard. She wanted my foot to point inward, something I physically can’t do. She was almost in tears with what she did, I was in tears. We got through it. Then they had to repeat the MRI a second time and at one of the breaks I had them get my medications. Not only did my pain levels go crazy but my blood sugar tanked. The nice people doing the test thought I was way too hot as the sweat was running off me. I explained it was my sugar going way too low. So long story short when Ron got me home I went right to bed, I did not get up until almost 10 PM. πŸ™‚ That was my day. Be well. I will talk to you soon. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 22:29

• The did the SAME. To me. The used Velcro and turned my foot in and it was excruciating for my knee and hip. I got very very upset. Im so sorry they did that to you!!!!!!

Comment by bethanyk — May 1, 2017 @ 23:15

• I am beyond belief that they tried to velcro your feet. That is assault if they had no doctors orders. I know we couldn’t restrain a PT in the ICU even for their own good unless the doctor ordered it and procedures were followed. It is so painful. You have amazing strength. At least the lady let go when I yelled. She was so sorry and apologised up a storm, but the damage was done by that point, no going back. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 1, 2017 @ 23:27

• I told her it was excruciating and that I could not hold my feet inward because of my knees and hips they both fall outward. So yep, she just velcroed them. I was shocked. I cried. She asked if i wanted to just cancel it but if i had then what would happen! I wouldnt get results. THEN I had an MRI and i kept telling them I was not feeling well. I kept calling on the speaker. I ended up having a grandmal seizure. It was NOT a good day. So when I read this by you I really could relate and was very upset for you. I mean you went through the same torturous events as I did and ended up trashed for the day. It’s just so sad what we have to go through. I sure hope you are feeling better. Sorry i ended up telling my story on your story

Comment by bethanyk — May 1, 2017 @ 23:51

• Bethany I am glad you told your story. I think everyone needs to hear it. No one should have to suffer the way you and I did. I had a different MRI crew. They were really helpful. They even pulled me out to get me my medications, both pain and sugar. Before the MRI I told them I had to have support and they did it. The put supports under my back, they put support under my knees, they propped my feet up. They readjusted them when they pulled me out. I can not complain about them. And the lady who twisted my foot at the bone scan was so apologetic she almost had a melt down. I had to forgive her.

But the people who did yours were unprofessional and should have been reported. I realize you were in no shape to report it or in fact do anything. I am grateful that you got home. They caused you to have a seizure. I can not forgive them not listening to you, not providing you with assistance. It makes me so angry just thinking of the pain and frustration you went through. Please tell your story, tell it everywhere, tell it loud. You are a hero for tolerating all that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 00:01

• Oh I am so glad they gave you compassion. So so glad. You deserve understanding. You already have been through enough and you shouldn’t have to go through testing that makes anything worse than it already is!!! I hope you get the results of the tests and they are better than expected!!!!
        I actually had to go to the hospital. My CK levels and lactic acid were too high due to the violent shaking. But i was discharged that night not under the advise of the hospital but i had to come home and take care of my daughter and i was doing better. Thanks for caring!

Comment by bethanyk — May 2, 2017 @ 00:19

• I talked to Ron. He works for a major hospital system in an ICU. He says you need to report what happened to the house supervisor or to the department of radiology . OCCA, under Florida.gov, is the monitoring board for everything in a hospital. They will investigate and correct this. I know when OCCA would come into our hospital the supervisors would be very nervous. Please report it to OCCA if no one else. Again this is totally against every rule I know of test procedure. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hurt 😭 just thinking of the pain you must of been in when they forced your feet. Also the deep frustration when no one would listen to you or help. Best wishes and warmest hugs.

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 10:03

• Thank you for talking to Ron about it. I reported it to the head of the hospital who didn’t seem to care. So yes I will report it to occa.thank you again!
        Mostly it was the $1500 ER bill for the seizure which could have been prevented had they pulled me out of the machine when I said I was feeling badly. I could have taken meds. Ok thanks again!

Comment by bethanyk — May 2, 2017 @ 13:01

6. Like/not like! The cats have been taking turns with us, as we are sleeping in different rooms. One night me, one night him! Too funny. I was back at work today and Lumi loudly told me what he thought of me being gone, once I got home. Himself missed me, too – just not as loudly!

Comment by heretherebespiders — May 2, 2017 @ 17:37

• πŸ™‚ you are grand. how was it back to work? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 17:45

• What of Piggy Peggy? Did she come find you? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 17:48

• Yes! She has had the babies, but no idea if they lived. I don’t know how to tell if she is nursing. She only hung around 10-15 minutes, so hopefully she was going back to her babies. She didn’t want food, she just missed being loved on.

Comment by heretherebespiders — May 2, 2017 @ 17:52