May 2, 2017

Crutches

Filed under: Harm, Health, My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 14:48

Just got the second call from the orthopedic surgeon’s office.    THey want me on crutches ASAP or in the wheelchair.   The tests shows far more damage than we thought.  While no one has gone over the test with me, I am told they want no weight bearing on that left leg.   Good bye my grand canes.  With my balance problems this should be fun.  I am a bit upset.   They have not explained the test results to me or what they mean.  They called this morning right away and got me the first open appointment.   Now they just called back to say absolutely no weight bearing on the left leg, toes only on the ground.   Last time they did this I was in a wheelchair for 2 & 1/2 years.   Oh well I already was in a bad mood this morning.   Yesterday having that lady wrench my foot to try to twist my foot inward was followed by an MRI that got so painful they had to pull me out to give me both pain meds and sugar tablet.  Then run the damn things again.   So I woke in both bad pain and a less than sunny disposition.    Then things happened at home to upset me, and with my anxiety running so high Ron had me take a xanex.  I should have taken a half of one but the damage is done.  They put me out.  I am sleepy, nodding off and struggling to make sense of things.   Now this.  Shaping up to be not one of my most happy days.  Hugs

1. Sorry for the bad news friend hope in time you receive all the answers you desire, stay strong you got this 😇

Comment by Cory Melancon — May 2, 2017 @ 15:08

• I did not get the answers I wanted but I will get the answers I need. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 17:31

2. I thought it best to qualify the ”like” which most certainly isn’t a like but simply an acknowledgement of the post. Hang in there Scottie.

Comment by Arkenaten — May 2, 2017 @ 15:47

• I understand Ark. I am OK, just a bit miffed at it all. I had just gotten use to being able to do somethings for my self with a cane, now on crutches it is impossible. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 17:28

3. Dear Scottie: I wish you all the best for your multi-diseases.

Comment by miles — May 2, 2017 @ 15:56

• Thanks Miles. I will make it, I was just upset. I hate crutches and can’t do anything on them. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 17:27

4. Not good news. Keep on keeping on. Forget the wheelchair, get yourself one of those wickerwork bathchairs with three wheels and a steering tiller – do this with some style, please! 😉

Comment by Ian Hutson — May 2, 2017 @ 15:58

• 🙂 loveit, style and a house boy to bring me coffee and cookies ? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 2, 2017 @ 17:25

5. Sorry to hear that Scottie – keep on keeping on though as you never know what good news is right around the corner!

Comment by houstonphotojourney — May 3, 2017 @ 08:34

6. Oh dear, Scottie. I am so sorry to hear about this.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — May 3, 2017 @ 14:08

• Hello Friend. PLease don’t be upset. I knew the head of my femur was dying, I just did not realize how much it had died already. I had to be in a wheelchair with no weight bearing before, it was just the use of crutches that upset me. I will have surgery soon. so thank you but please know I will be OK. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 3, 2017 @ 14:13

7. Would a walker work? Would a motorized scooter give you more mobility? Did you get answers to why and what will be done? I cannot believe I have missed these blogs on this dumb app!!! I really hope you are ok

Comment by bethanyk — May 4, 2017 @ 16:31

• I am. I got the bone density results and they are what we thought. I am in danger of features in my neck, spine and hips. The left hip is really bad and they want me off it until surgery. A scooter wouldn’t really work as they wanted me off it in the house. That was what they wanted the crutches for. I have a scooter, and walkers, both the kind with wheels and the non wheel one. But the best answer for me was my wheelchair. That keeps me from putting my weight on my left leg. I have a shower seat. You know all the stuff people like you and I have to have that others don’t seem to understand. 🙂 Thanks for asking, You are a really caring person. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 4, 2017 @ 16:42