May 9, 2017

More worried about the American Taliban and the Christian sharia laws

Filed under: Bigotry, Harm, News, Questions, Religion — Tags: , — Scottie @ 13:02

Thumbnail

1. Yikes. Well I’m stumped…

Comment by Echo — May 9, 2017 @ 14:37

• Hello Echo. I agree. My biggest gripe against religion is their attempt to force their doctrines on me and my life. They claim gays are doing that to them , by being open about being gay and by getting married gay people are forcing their views on the religious community. That is not true. At no time did the gay community ask the religious community to do same sex attraction or gay sex, or marry someone of their gender. The gay community simply is demanding the same rights everyone else has. The religious community wants to change the gay people, they want to take rights away, they want to have their view be forced on everyone. So there is is an attempt to install christain religious doctrines and views as laws of the secular country. That is something those people doing it would be violently against if a different religion tried to do that also.
      Thanks for the comment, your grand. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 14:46

2. Yeah never got that about religions. Seems that movie Book of Eli was pretty spot on in that regard…end game has nothing to do with who you sleep with, it’s about control. Those are some very good points you’ve made I’ll pass them on when I get the chance thank you (: xo

Comment by Echo — May 9, 2017 @ 15:35

• Was the move “book of Eli” good? I am always looking for good movies to watch. I agree it does seem to be a system of behavioral modification. Also it is a system to distribute wealth from the bottom level up to the top level. For example the tithes and offerings move money from the people in the pews to the church leaders. Thanks for the conversation. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 15:43

• I liked it but maybe not until it was over…you know the kind of movie you watch and don’t realize it’s a thinker til the end? It’s like that. Love movies and convo so thx to you as well and any time (: I tried to trace the origin of religion once…lol you probably know how that went but I learned a lot. Xo

Comment by Echo — May 9, 2017 @ 15:47

• 🙂 you are braver than I am, I never could figure out that kind of stuff. Nan has a great book out https://escapefromreligion.wordpress.com/ . I admire people who can take these subjects and set the information out in a reasonable way that others can understand. I don’t have that gift. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 15:55

• I don’t have words anymore either unfortunately. The good news is I’m learning that other ppl DO have them. And that we need to connect Bc it’s almost like a big puzzle with pieces scattered everywhere. Well not be a whole puzzle maybe, but we get a lil closer all the time. And my blog is about to get all kinds of weird so if you’re into that…I’ll be here lol. And I’m sold on the site just cuz that name…haha thanks I’m def gonna go grab that right meow. Xoxo

Comment by Echo — May 11, 2017 @ 20:28

3. Me too! I swear those so called Christians want to take us down with them when the rapture happens..

Comment by omtatjuan3 — May 9, 2017 @ 15:36

• Hello Friend. I have been away from your blog the last few days. I plan to head over there soon and catch up. I hope all is well. You care so much for others, if there was a reward for being a really great person you would be a shoe in for it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 15:38

• The way I look at it is this, I live simply so that others may live. I live in a RV by choice. I’ve helped scads of people and only a dew have been there for me. I don’t consider myself a “Christian” how about doing good for good sake without worrying or caring if I get into some sort of promised land…

Comment by omtatjuan3 — May 9, 2017 @ 16:01

• I love that. It is true secular humanism. You are a humanist. You are a human caring about humans. Cool. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 16:14

4. Ugh! This reminds me of a song I used to sing as a kid in church.

“I’m in the lord’s army..yes, sir!”

I do all I can now to be pro peace. It’s not happening over night, but it is happening.

Hope you are well, Scottie. I know I dropped my last name and changed my gravatar, but I’m still me. I’m not on blogs much. However, I stop by once in a while here and there.

Comment by Charity — May 9, 2017 @ 20:05

• I love that you come around when you can. You have a busy life, and lots of responsibilities. I don’t know how you find the time or energy for everything. Thanks for coming by, you can email me if you want to not leave a comment. Yes the idea of religions getting their doctrines in laws scares me also. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 20:11

• I’m not necessarily as busy this week. My therapist even has the week off. I had to change some things for two reasons:

1. My anxiety was skyrocketing again for a number of reasons.

2. My therapist wants me to get to know the real Charity, not just the “atheist” or “former christian” Charity.

I’m working on both. Sometimes to do so means going off line once in a while.

Are you feeling better after your latest round of shots? Are you more mobile?

Comment by Charity — May 9, 2017 @ 20:22

• I am glad things are better for you. I did get the letter you wanted me to see, thank you for thinking to let me know. I love the idea of you getting a chance to put yourself first and to find out who you are without labels. I will soon have my hip surgery and then I will be more mobile. I am trying to do stuff here at home to keep my spirits up and of course Ron is keeping me on a tight leash so I don’t try anything that will hurt me or make my health worse. 🙂 I think we are doing well right now. We spent our time together. We are happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 20:29

5. I’ll probably shoot you an email later in the month. I’m sorry that I didn’t write anything when I sent you that video about the cat and the autistic girl.

I wish you well on your hip surgery. I know what it’s like to hurt so bad in your hips that you cry with each step. I told Jim today that it took over half a year (about 8 mths) since my mesh removal before my hips began to feel much better. Somehow, mesh ended up on one of my hips and had to be scraped off the bone in that same surgery.

Heal well, know that you’re loved and have a great week!

Comment by Charity — May 9, 2017 @ 20:39

• Thank you Charity. You have been through so much. You have such strength to be able to hold up as you do. Much love. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — May 9, 2017 @ 20:45

6. The difference?
    Um …The bird on the right is hotter?

😉