July 18, 2017

But not the people. Who works for whom? Hugs

Filed under: Health, meme, News, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 10:42

McCain and health care

1. We now have to reach this deductible $500 each and then for meds the same. So $3000 later we still have a copay and then the insurance decides if they deem something medically necessary and they, after 3 appeals, feel that pain patches for my muscles are not proven necessary. Killin me with this insurance crap!!!!!

Comment by bethanyk — July 19, 2017 @ 17:55

• Oh Bethany I am so sorry for the way you are being treated. I wish I could make the health care system in this Country take care of the people like you and your family who so clearly need the care. I am sorry I have not been around much. I am not doing well at all. All my hormones are all messed up, my testosterone is 46. I have to see a new endo doctor. I am sleeping most of the time, even falling asleep in my office at my desk. I am so confused most of the time. At the pre op class they asked Ron to take care of everything because I simply couldn’t understand anything. I just sat there in a fog. To morrow is surgery. I am hoping it will be in the morning. Talk soon. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 20, 2017 @ 13:09

• I have been SOO worried about you! I KNEW something was wrong. After your last video about your symptoms I have barely seen you. Sending lots of love and hugs for your surgery!!!!!

Comment by bethanyk — July 20, 2017 @ 14:02

• Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery, no pain, and healing from your surgery…..hey, quick note…if you are on pain meds, don’t forget to take something for the bowels. They NEVER tell you that and 5 days later you have one more issue. Just had to tell you that just in case they forgot! Much love your way!!!!!

Comment by bethanyk — July 21, 2017 @ 01:48

2. I wish him well. I hope he is somehow cured from brain cancer. That’s something that’s incredibly serious and can shut down a person’s motor skills. And if it spreads, it’s even worse. Good speed, John McCain. To suffer from this and as a POW for FIVE years…..I can’t even imagine!

Comment by Charity — July 20, 2017 @ 11:30

• I agree. My post was not to take away from Senator McCain, it was to make the point that some get really great health care while others do not have health care. Is this Charity my friend who sends me wonderful emails? If so Thank you. I have not responded as I am so confused and worn out. All my hormones and endo system is messed up right now. Testosterone is 46. So I can’t think or concentrate. My surgery is tomorrow morning. I will try to write you after I recover. Be happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 20, 2017 @ 12:21

• Hi ya, Scottie,

I understand where you’re coming from about John McCain. I don’t care for his politics. However, he’s one of the few politicians who tries to compromise with Republican and Democratic leaders and policies. That alone is pretty unusual and commendable. Brain cancer is such a horrific disease that my heart hurts for John McCain and all of his loved ones. And though I HATE war, I have great respect for anyone who has lost limbs, life and mental health due to their service time for our country. My heart especially goes out to every POW and MIA. I guess all of that is why I kind of took your cartoon personally. I wasn’t trying to make you feel bad and if I did, I’m sincerely sorry. I think I’m at a stage in my life where I don’t want to get all caught up with any political or religious standing. I find politics, religion and the media pretty divisive and I’m trying to not fall for the rhetoric of any side. Peace and harmony is difficult for me to accomplish and I constantly have to work on it all day, every day.

Yes, Scottie, it’s me. I’m not commenting much on blogs and had taken my personal photo and full name down a couple of months ago. I’m currently trying to continue to find out who I am. Im more than an atheist or former Christian. I’m me. Right now I’m just trying to figure out what or who that is. That’s why I don’t comment much and have chosen to be more anonymous on line. Being incredibly open to the world was also making me incredibly anxious for a while. I may change my activity and gravatar at some point. Just not any time soon.

I actually already have another group email message in mind to send to a handful of our friends. Something quite extraordinary has happened, but I want to personally explore it more and discuss it with my therapist before I tell you all about it. It’s very rare for me to miss therapy, but I had to this week for my therapist is out of town. It’s incredibly good, I promise. It’s a little break through in just how complicated child indoctrination is, one that I’ve never made a connection with before. You know how it is, the more crazy we actually see our past circumstances as they really were, the less likely that we feel crazy as ourselves in the present. Ugh, I hope that makes sense.

I’m proud of you, Scottie. You’ve been through so much, especially these last few years with your health. I’ve read many of your posts and comments and have watched many of your videos over time. I’m proud of how amazingly chill you’ve been considering all of your pain and limited mobility. I know what extreme health issues can do to a person’s disposition and mental health. It’s not easy. Yet, you’re still strong and super sweet to so many of us out there. I wish you the absolute best on your surgery tomorrow. I’m so far away, I wish I could do more than wish you well. Please give us an update in a week or so post surgery, or whenever it is that you are able to comfortably sit up. You can drop me an email if you wish as well. I hope you have the best surgeons, doctors, nurses and medical staff possible! I hope that this leads to much more mobility for you, and a helluva lot less pain. All the best, Scottie. Be well!

Love and cuddles,
        Charity

Comment by Charity — July 20, 2017 @ 13:11

• Hello Charity thank you. What you said means a lot to me. Your friendship is a grand gift I am grateful for. One thing before I send this. I am so glad you are doing well and have a breakthrough to share. I have to say I know that you can not see yourself as others may see you, so this is something you may be discovering for yourself. I have long felt you are a lot more than an atheist or former christian. I know those labels are important to you, but they were not the main ones I envision when I think of you. I do not want to go into details as you are a private type person, but let me tell you please that I see you as so much more. You wear so many hats. What is special is you wear them with such grace and style. You never let your stress show, you handle everything with calm and determination. With a purpose. You give strength to everyone, no matter how you are feeling. Like in these comments, you have shown such love and compassion despite your own struggles. I thank you for being you. I have told you before you are an inspiration to me. Especially now. I get so upset and confused due to my state. People are not doing anything wrong really and not trying to upsetting me, but I can not understand. I want to lash out even though it is not their fault. Then I think of you and what you have gone through. I imagine there are times at home you want to scream enough. Sometimes you must feel totally overwhelmed. Yet you don’t show it. You show others respect, quiet, and try to understand and work with those who may be bothering you. I keep thinking of all you told me about your situation. That reminds me others have serious issues and have great needs also. You are making it work, you are handling life. I want to do as well as you for myself. So again thank you for being you. You are grand. Many hugs

Comment by Scottie — July 20, 2017 @ 13:42

• It’s a struggle, Scottie. Both of my parents are extremely critical and judgemental. From childhood on they constantly humiliated me about my own morality and choices, even though most of what I did was under their own or Biblical direction. I could never do anything the right way or at the right time. It’s weird how we hate stuff about our own parents, yet, we tend to follow the same path because it was pretty much all we’ve known. For me, it’s constantly about developing and strengthening new paths in my brain of right choices. Having such overtly cruel and religious parents has given me some insight though. I will never understand what it’s like to be gay, bi or trans. However, I can relate a little bit to the constant control, humiliation and harsh judgementalism of those close to you because of my parents and four decades of extreme Jesus stuff. I’m fortunate to have moved around and travel so much as a preschooler all the way up to recently. It’s taught me that people are people. Even as a Christian, I felt strange picketing abortion clinics and praying for George W and Israel in long, dragged out church services. I’d think “but none of us know the whole story, why are we so dead set on making these demands?”

Comment by Charity — July 20, 2017 @ 14:02