September 4, 2017

My watch on the wrong wrist

Filed under: My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 10:49

Hello everyone.   I was surprised the other day when Bill mentioned my watch band and said it was on the right wrist.    I look at my arm to be sure and it was the left one.  I looked at the picture and it looks like it is on the right one.  Why?  How?   So I looked into the settings.   The setting was in mirror.    I guess that sets the background up correctly left to write from where I am sitting, and mirrors me in the picture.   I had set it that way because I dislike the background being reversed from my mind.   But that makes it all come out weird on the other end.   So I have set it back to normal so it looks correctly as the Viewer is looking at it.  Thanks for pointing it out to me, I missed it.   The picture below is correct.   It is hard for me to get use to dealing with two spatial concepts in my head.  On my side I know the desk hutch is on my right side.  Yet looking at the screen it seems to me the desk is now on my left side.   I have to train my mind to understand that I have to turn my viewpoint from looking at the screen to looking out from the screen.   Thanks again for helping me set the camera up correctly.  Hugs

Picture 241

1. I also find it a bit confusing, Scottie. You are looking very well in the picture.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — September 4, 2017 @ 13:22

• Thank you. I feel great. Other than this fatigue I really do feel so much better. As soon as we find the reason for that and fix it, look out world here I come. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 4, 2017 @ 13:29

2. Thanks for the kind billing, Scottie (or Billing as the case may be). Very cool state of circumstances. Sherlock Holmes would have picked up on the mirror-image aspect immediately — I’m more the John Watson witness by allowing no participation by the mirror in this matter. 🙂

Comment by Bill Ziegler — September 4, 2017 @ 21:07

3. When I bother to wear a watch, I put it on the right wrist. I know it makes no sense as I’m right handed, but it never felt correct on the left. Maybe because I’m an ace at losing jewellery, especially bracelets, I feel better if they are on the arm I see more often. And I have a tattoo on my left wrist I hate to cover up 🙂

Comment by heretherebespiders — September 5, 2017 @ 17:47

• Good reasons, but in truth most people put their watch on their strong hand. So as you are right handed , you would put it on your right wrist. I only switched mine because of the military class I took in the Army . Trying to do what we can for the hurricane. Depending on where it hits our home might be gone. Trying to keep good thoughts. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2017 @ 18:14

• I was told most people put it on their off hand, so it wouldn’t be damaged as easily. I do bash my right hand/arm around a lot more.

I was thinking about you and Irma today. I lived on the panhandle so it was easy to move inland, just go north. North for you is hours and hours and doesn’t get you out of danger.

Comment by heretherebespiders — September 5, 2017 @ 18:51

• True very true. I will talk later, very tired and going to bed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2017 @ 19:43

• You are the people who get trapped behind and need help because you can’t leave, easily or at all. I don’t know what to say other than I hope the big bitch changes direction.

Comment by heretherebespiders — September 5, 2017 @ 18:53

• Me to my friend, me too. If it hits us as they say it will be coming right up our butt, and our home can’t withstand it. Plus because of where we are we can’t get insurance, so we lose it all. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 5, 2017 @ 19:42