September 6, 2017

A ray of sunshine and hope.

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 09:31

Our vet center is a former bank.  It is reinforced.   Rated for a heavy storm.  We plan to board them with the vet center starting tomorrow.   One thing I wont have to worry about.  We only have to provide bags of food and four gallons of water.  So even if we lose the house they will still have a place to stay.     I am writing this from the vet.   Hugs

1. That’s brilliant!! 🙂

Comment by Carmen — September 6, 2017 @ 10:06

• Yup. Never knew they did that. they have been our vet center since we came to this coast in 2004. But driving in Ron said. “too bad we couldn’t board them here, they like the staff and the place looks sturdy”. We asked and they said yes, 12 dollars a day. Ron book the cats in starting tomorrow. We just have to get more water for them, we have the food and stuff for two weeks. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 10:27

2. I hope everything works out OK, and you’re not hurt by the storm. You’re in my thoughts.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — September 6, 2017 @ 10:19

• Thank you. Having the cats safe is a big worry off my mind. We will do what we have to do. Thank you, I still have this feeling we will lose a lot. Either the house or parts of it. The storm is that wide. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 10:23

3. Oh Scottie, I really hope your home will be okay. It is wise to be safe, of course. Hugs.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — September 6, 2017 @ 10:22

• Thank you, my stomach is in swirles, but I have to just keep moving forward. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 10:23

4. Oh GOOD! I was worried about them, too.

Comment by heretherebespiders — September 6, 2017 @ 11:31

5. I am pleased you found a place for the cats and that is less of a worry for you. Maybe your better half can sneak you in where he works if the environment can withstand the hurricane. I hope you find somewhere safe

Comment by thespiritkeeper — September 6, 2017 @ 12:30

• Hello my friend. Yes it was so lucky for us as shelters here are full already and not accepting more pets. As for me, no sneaking needed. I use to work at the hospital, and the policy is first team members who have to be there during the storm can bring their family with them. I know the hospital well and can volunteer where needed. But that is only if they activate the team calls. IF not it does look better right now if a bit dicy still, and we will have to do what we can . Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 12:58

• I was looking just now at Hurricane Irma’s path and they said it was going to swing east of Florida but they would know in a couple of days for sure as things have moved quickly IE: the currents that show everyday. I’m pleased you will be able to go to the hospital as a safety measure. I’m please to hear that.

Comment by thespiritkeeper — September 6, 2017 @ 13:22

• Agreed and while I don’t wish harm on others I am supper glad it is swinging right of us

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 13:26

• May not have to leave home if it goes wide enough

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 13:27

• Yes that would be nice as I said they will know in a couple of days. Today they said it was swinging east but that could change. Hopefully it stays east and hopefully in the ocean

Comment by thespiritkeeper — September 6, 2017 @ 13:39

• So true. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 14:27

6. That is at least one worry less, thank goodness. Exactly how bad is it Scottie?

Comment by Arkenaten — September 6, 2017 @ 13:51

• It is better right now. The main highway out of florida is almost stopped, twenty MPH about. At first Ron and I were looking at losing everything. OUr home is a mobile home in a retirement park, and they simply can’t take that kind of force. This morning we found a secure place to board the cats, which was by luck, and thanks. We asked our vet what to do, and they told us their building was rated for the hurricanes and they were boarding animals. We signed up. All we had to do was bring food and four gallons of water. We got it. For the people Ron and I were going to go to the hospital as he is on the first responding team and family can come with them as they can’t evacuate. On years before he was on the second response team that comes in after the hurricane and we always left and came back. James goes to the operations center as he works for the county now, so he was safe. SO the important things, the cats, the people looked to be OK, but again we thought we would lose everything. Now we have hope. Stores are out of wood, plywood, water, all that stuff. For some this will be hard. Thanks Ark. Best wishes to all of you from us. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 14:27

7. I’m so glad for your post and following comments. Let us know if you need anything…PLEASE. We all care about you so much. Thank you for the update. I’ll be looking for more of them in my reader should anything change and/or you have the time to post more. I love you, Scottie. Here’s to safety and peace of mind to you and yours. Im also concerned about my sister in North Carolina. The path of the storm is somewhat unpredictable. She lives near the coast there. Take care, friend.

Comment by Charity Burke — September 6, 2017 @ 21:24

• Thank you very much. I will let you know what happens. I hope your sister will be OK also. Love and hugs. Scottie

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 21:28