September 6, 2017

Irma seems to be coming to visit.

Filed under: My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 08:47

Some visitors you are glad to see and some you are horrified to find on your doorstep.    I will not be online much until we get safely through this.   We are trying to figure out what to do with two adults and three animals and our home and Ron’s work.   The tracks change but last night they had the storm cutting into the state about where we live.   Here are a couple maps.   Please click on them.  Now I live in North Fort Myers.    Hurricane Charley was to hit us directly but came in just below us and one of the sides went right over us.  Did a lot of damage.   Now we are looking at the same thing with a much bigger more powerful storm that is not moving aways so fast.   SO Ron and I are hoping for a glancing blow which means we have a home to come back to.  IF it hits more direct our home and our neighbors homes can not withstand the storm.  They were not built to.   We live in a basically retirement mobile home park in south west florida.   Oh well have to get one of the cats to the vet.  Fun.   Hugs

1. What an awful feeling it is for You Ron and your pets. If you think your home will not survive I would evacuate or go stay in a more stable home or shelter. Your lives matter more. My heart is sinking for you. Sending you love and protection. ❤

Comment by thespiritkeeper — September 6, 2017 @ 08:52

• Thank you , caught between a rock and hard place. Ron has to report to work, I can go but we have no approvals for the cats. I can evacuate alone with them. So we we do what we can and lose . Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 09:18

2. Oh, Scottie. I will be thinking and wondering about you. Our aunt lives in Tampa; she was just home – I bet she is wishing she’d stayed! Take care and stay safe. Let us know your stats as soon as it is over. . . xoxoxo

Comment by Carmen — September 6, 2017 @ 10:05

• I will keep your aunt in my thoughts. I thank you. I have never worried about a storm before, I always felt I could handle what ever happened. Now I am tied in knots. I must be getting older than I thought. Thanks again.

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 10:32

• I just called my aunt and her partner is on the way to get plywood for all the windows. They figure they need 14 sheets! They are monitoring the weather forecast but so far they think they’re all right. She doesn’t seem too concerned yet but as the week goes on I think things might change. She said she tried to get extra water yesterday and every place was out. . .

Comment by Carmen — September 6, 2017 @ 10:40

• Where we are the plywood and other supplies are gone, waiting at stores for more shipment of water. I wish them luck, wood today is very expensive, I hope they can get all the sheets they need. I guess we have to wait to see where it is going to come through to see. I just heard they now think it may turn earlier and we will get a side hit. Wherever it hits or goes I hope people will help each other out and those that have will share with those who couldn’t get anything. I know I plan to do so. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 10:45

3. Thinking of you Scottie and praying for a good outcome.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — September 6, 2017 @ 10:27

4. Hope all of you stay safe, Scottie – H🤗Gs

Comment by The Story Reading Ape — September 6, 2017 @ 14:08

• Thank you. We are feeling better right now, hope it keeps swinging out to sea. We were worried about losing the house totally. The cats will be boarded and the adults are set so it was the house we were worried about, it wouldn’t take that kind of hit. But things are looking better. I do worry about those that now look to get hit. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 14:21

5. Cause I am no believer in god, I wish that all your hopes will fullfil. I was not quite that lucky, cause in a heavy Thunderstorm-rainfall some Water came into my apartement – not much, but the bottom was wet. Press my thumbs for your whole family and your house. Hugs,
    miles from Germany

Comment by miles — September 6, 2017 @ 14:41

• Hello Miles. Sorry to hear of your water problem. I hope you got it all dried out OK. We look to be better right now than we were. We will keep on the look out for new information. Thank you. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 6, 2017 @ 14:45

6. Best wishes friend may you and yours be safe during this rough time, I wish you all well…

Comment by Cory Melancon — September 6, 2017 @ 17:41