September 9, 2017

Dazed.

Filed under: My Life and Rants, News — Scottie @ 08:26

Well I am sitting here at 08:06 this morning.  It has been a whirlwind of activity at our home.   I am in a daze.  Stuff I could have been ready for I thought I wouldn’t need to do.  Lucky for me my task was the electronics I need to give James to take to his girlfriends home which is cement block contstruction and the ones I have to pack in my good Targums computer /electronics bag.   I have everything.  Laptop, mice, all power cords, back up hard drives, all connecting and charging cords, IPads, Phones, password records and anything electronic based.

Ron is working hard to get all our paper work into plastic bags.  He has a list of what he wants to do and how.  He plans to do the toiletries and the spare clothes soon.   Milo is sitting tight to me as he knows something is going on.   We seem to have the plan.  We will leave at noon, James says he will leave soon after.   I am more anxious over this going to the safe back up power hospital than I was staying home facing a cat 4 hurricane dead on.   Funny I have evacuated only three times in my years in Florida.  Only once was it planned and we took off days ahead.  The other two were five Am hurry pack and shit get.   But this storm is so large ( side) there is simply no where to easily get to.  Places like the hospital are still reachable, but the way we use to do of driving across the state or up or down to advoid it are not going to be possible for this one.   I know great people in FLorida.   I give you my strongest best hopes for your safety.   I don’t believe in prayer but if I did I would have prayed for you.  There is one special lady who lives about three to four hours above me in almost a straight line.   The storm should be less when it gets to her.  I hope she is well locked down and secure.   Hugs to all, I am going to see if Ron needs help.  Hugs

1. Dear Scottie, I have posted your latest website comments (starting with September 8th) on my FB. Here in Ottawa, Canada I are watching and hoping for the best for everyone. I am updating my FB with yours. See you on the other side… your calm and sanity in this is worth passing on. You have a (new) friend in me. Hugs.

Comment by Barbara Carlson — September 9, 2017 @ 09:15

• Thank you . That is a great complement. You be well and happy. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 09:52

2. I found you and your website c/o Ends and Beginnings this morning, September 9th. Don’t know quite by my website was separated as a “comment” but these are extraordinary times for everything… You and your family (and cat) are in my thoughts (not prayers as I am an atheist, all grown up, leaving such childish things behind).

Comment by Barbara Carlson — September 9, 2017 @ 09:19

• Thank you Barbara. I don’t know why it was either but I am glad to have you stop by and your are welcome any time. I call it my toy boat because my blog is full of the things that interest me, and I hope they interest others also. I love comments and talking with people. I understand not he thoughts as I also am an atheist. So far the plan has us all safe if not comfortable. I will be at the hospital with my husband. So I will have power and shelter and food. That is all I really need. My cats will be safe in a sturdy block construction home with our son James and his girlfriend. Thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 09:50

• A real Freudian slip there — You wrote, “I call it my toy BOAT [not BOX] because my blog is full of the things that interest me.” What is on your mind obviously!

Comment by Barbara Carlson — September 9, 2017 @ 18:40

• 😀🙀 I wonder. I just listened to the news as I sit here in a room on the fourth floor that my home will face 134 MPH winds and at least 9 plus feet of water. I guess I wont have much of a home to go to. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 18:54

3. I just watched your video which was stunning for me. I might be too late for yiu to read this comment, but I wish you well in riding out the storm and may you and your friends and the cats remain safe.

Comment by angloswiss — September 9, 2017 @ 09:40

• Hello Friend, thank you. If we hold to our plan this time and things go as the storm is said to we will now be OK. Unhappy, but OK. It is a question if we will have a home to come back to though. Be well, I may not be able to get to your grand blog for a while. I will try but will lose internet when storm hits. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 09:43

4. Take pictures of items (particularly furniture and appliances) and get serial numbers (washer, dryer, and all electronics, etc). Get all of your pictures! I can’t stress this enough! Whether they’re in electronic devices or in photo/memory/scrapbooks, get them to safety. Get whatever clothes and toiletries that will fit into your car/trunk. The costs of such things add up quickly! And have canned goods/boxed food goods stored somewhere. I’m not going to tell you anything more on that because you’ve been down that mold road with your place before, you know what to do regarding that. As someone who has survived a home robbery (As a kid and luckily we weren’t home.), flood and house fire, I can’t stress enough how important it is to do the above. I still haven’t started to replace my kids’ memory books I had just about finished when we were flooded out of our old home in 2010. If people offer for you to stay in their home, I’m giving you a heads up now, be careful. They may act all concerned and caring, but my experience, as well as others that I’ve known, is that people who offer for you to stay with them get sick of you five to seven days into your time in their home. It sounds mean, but I’ve been that desperate person and I’ve seen other people in the same situation treated the same way. Be safe, Scottie. I hope I don’t sound bossy. I wish I had someone walk me through such tragedies. It could have prevented some long lasting drama and trauma for me. Please be careful. As cliche’ as it sounds, if you see standing water, “turn around, don’t drown.” I am hoping the winds aren’t nearly as strong as they’re predicting. May you, your family and your fur babies all be safe and reunited soon!

Comment by Charity Burke — September 9, 2017 @ 11:15

• Thank you Charity. Your suggestions are welcome. It is hard to remember everything and get all prepared. I have been getting good advice all morning. We have five bags worth of stuff. We are off to the hospital. Can’t take more than we did, shouldn’t take as much as we did. I will have to find space in the break rooms with all the other family members. It will be crowded and hard to control a bunch of stuff. Plus I don’t even have a bed roll. Hope it is only till Monday morning. Have to see. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 12:17

• Here’s to safety for you and yours, Scottie. I’m a good ways from you, but we have family in your state. Thankfully, mine are in the northwest portion which may only ever get heavy rain. They’re all staying put. However, Hub’s family are all between Orlando and Bradenton.

There’s no need for you to reply. Please save your power for more important needs. I just want you to know that I’ve read over a lot of your horrific past for a year or so now. It has caused me to believe that you and yours will get through this storm. For in those articles and comments I have read a story about the most powerful and strongest human being out there…YOU! Scottie, you are stronger and braver than you may ever know. I know you’re tired from the constant battles of your life. However, you have it in you to do it yet again. I know you do! I love you. You have my email if you need me. I’m about to email you with some important information should you need me. You’ve got this, Scottie. You’re a warrior with a lot of fight and love in You! GOOD speed, my friend. May you and your family withstand the winds and the rain.

Comment by Charity Burke — September 9, 2017 @ 13:06

5. Oh Scottie, I am so worried about you and Ron. I hope you will be safe at the hospital. That storm is huge and terrifying.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — September 9, 2017 @ 13:39

• Please done worry. Really we are in a very very safe place. We are out of wind and water danger. The problem is it is very cramped and crowed and no room for everyone’s stuff. But hey we are going to be OK and it will be OK. Just don’t if we will have a home after it passes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 14:33

6. Glad to hear you made it to safety and that you are with Ron. Maybe you can sleep on your bags of clothes….?

Comment by Barbara Carlson — September 9, 2017 @ 18:39

• I am very lucky At first it was crowded but we are OK now. THey are doing a grand job at feeding , sheltering, and helping the people here. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 18:59

7. So sorry you’re having to go through this, Scottie. Hopefully things won’t be as bad as you think. Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking good thoughts. Keep us posted.

Comment by Nan — September 9, 2017 @ 19:28

• Thank you Nan. I am grateful to you and the others who care for us. It makes my heart soar with joy even tonight. I just wrote a post with my latest news. I just wish I had gotten to a few blogs today but I guess I will be up all night. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 9, 2017 @ 19:59