September 10, 2017

The last pictures of my home as we drove away.  I wonder what it will look like tomorrow.   I took these after Ron backed out of our driveway as we were driving off and around the corner.  You can see my office window between the two other homes.  At the last minute our neighbor dumped a bunch of bricks on his driveway and left for parts unknown.  They are saying that we will have OVER 134 winds and Over 9 plus feet of water.  Wonder what it will look like when we get back.    Hugs

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 09:26

1. Our thoughts & prayers are with y’all in harm’s way down in FLA & GA, et al, also…. Please pray for MOM – My Other Mother who is stubbornly riding out the Storm in her condo in Hallandale Beach. Plus one of our BFF’s sister-in-laws somewhere north of Ft. Lauderdale. Looks like we’ll be getting the edge of IRMA in North GA (we’re 1 hour north of ATL, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mts.), but we’re prepared. Thankfully, our Handyman – after months of not being able to schedule us – got our rear deck rails & screens replaced totally over the last two weeks – so we’re good to go for any weather hijinks! We fortunately do have a STORM SHELTER in our home, which doubles as our Huge Pantry – with a ‘camp stove’, water and lots of vittles – just in case. Our home is 4 sided brick, steel framed, and is not going anywhere. We’re elevated above Lake Lanier for spectacular views, so IF we’d ever be in danger of flooding, ATLANTA would be underwater first…. so we’re as safe as one could be in such conditions. But we’re very concerned about folks not so situated…. also worried about the advancing of Jose right behind Irma…

Comment by Mrs. T — September 10, 2017 @ 09:52

• Mrs T you have done it all very correct. Well done. I will do my best to keep your mom and your BFF sister in law in our thoughts. But I also want you to be safe as possible please. You are important also. Best to your family also. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 10, 2017 @ 10:05

2. Just wondering WHY someone would deliberately leave a pile of loose bricks stacked right by homes with several storms approaching? Projectile fodder! Sadly, it’s too late now!

Comment by Mrs. T — September 10, 2017 @ 09:55

• That was what ROn fumed as we left. There was to bigger stacks, but I think people grabbed some to put around their homes. Wont help at this point. Hello Mrs T. Thanks for stopping by. Please keep coming back and I hope you enjoy my Toy Box. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 10, 2017 @ 10:02

3. What a tragedy, Scottie. Your home is so lovely. Maybe it will be okay. Miracles of nature do happen.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — September 10, 2017 @ 11:29

4. Good grief, I would say ‘Run for the hills…’ but you are doing. I hope that you can stay safe, and we’ll hear from you on the other side (of the storm)!

Comment by Ian Hutson — September 10, 2017 @ 11:49

• OK. Please know I am relatively in a great safe place and very lucky. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 10, 2017 @ 12:10

5. Wow! You are in my thoughts

Comment by omtatjuan3 — September 10, 2017 @ 15:30

6. Coming down hard here now. Trying my very best to be calm. Thinking of you and us floridians

Comment by bethanyk — September 10, 2017 @ 23:43

7. […] via The last pictures of my home as we drove away.  I wonder what it will look like tomorrow.   I took… […]

Pingback by Hugs | Arlin Report — September 11, 2017 @ 07:41

8. I have similar photos when we had to evacuate on account of a brush fire. Terrible thing.

Comment by appletonavenue — September 12, 2017 @ 18:23

• I hope your hope was OK? You are correct it is horrible. I don’t want to go through this again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 12, 2017 @ 19:17

• Yes, we returned to our home intact, though most in that valley did not. I hope to never have to do that again either.

Comment by appletonavenue — September 12, 2017 @ 19:20

• Did you Move? Ron says he has lived in Florida for 40 years and he has lived through at least 60 Hurricanes he figures, so he is done with worrying about his home every year. I agree. It never bothered me before, but this time it did. I can’t do this again. We are going to sell and move from Florida when we figure out where to go to be free of major yearly home devastation worries. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 12, 2017 @ 19:24

• We still live in California, and lived in that house another 5 years. Now we are in the city. Not too many brush fires here. I hope you find a home someplace safe.

Comment by appletonavenue — September 13, 2017 @ 18:47