September 13, 2017

(4) Irma. What I saw of it from my window – YouTube

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 15:46

I was I the Hospital during the storm. I tried to film what I was seeing at different times. Remember I was in a reinforced building with super thick windows, and still the storm shook the windows. I was glad to be there, it was the safest place to be, they ran 6 huge Diesel power generators. So we never lost power and we even kept TV. It was snowy but we kept it. I have to credit the staff and management of the hospital, it was a hard time and they shined. They were superb. Hugs

1. Question friend were you ever able any point nervous, that’s some insanely strong wind there, were there any moments of panic for you?

Comment by Cory Melancon — September 13, 2017 @ 16:10

• Hello Cory. Great question. I guess not. I would have been worried had I stayed in my home because of the wind, rain, no power, horrible noise… the just not knowing. However I was in the same hospital that Ron works in and that I worked for four years. I was in my old ICU. So I felt comfortable. We were given ICU rooms because they took the PTs into the center of the hospital to the Pacu and Neo Pacu. The director of the ICU ( my former boss ) had stocked up tons of small cereal boxes, cases of snacks, chips, milks, drinks of every type. I can’t even think of how much stuff they stocked. SO I had all the comforts. So no I was not worried. However I will tell you we got lucky this one, and we were lazy in preparing before. Never again. Thanks Cory. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 13, 2017 @ 16:36

• Also when the window frame let in some water I was not thrilled as my electronics were beside it. But it stopped right after so it was OK. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 13, 2017 @ 16:37

• Did Ron share any interesting storm stories, I can’t begin to imagine all he saw while he was on the floor…

Comment by Cory Melancon — September 13, 2017 @ 17:11

• Ah Now Cory I am not at liberty to say. However having been on the ICU during things such as storms, that is not the issue. It is how critical the PT’s are. Yes the staff huddles and whispers about the storms raging or the terrorist attack, but we don’t let the PT’s hear us. IF the story is not covered on their TV’s or they are not watching it, they won’t know from us. Normally. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 13, 2017 @ 17:51

2. I kept watching and I never saw the mean lady ride by on the bike, talking about you and your little dog, Toto, too?….
    Seriously, I can’t tell you how relieved I was to hear that you were going into secure shelter, only to be more so when all was well with your home. You had me worried for a bit Friday night, my brother.
    Many hugs!
    randy

Comment by Randy — September 14, 2017 @ 07:42

• Thank you Randy. Ron was getting more and more upset until I agreed to go. Well in truth by five that morning I looked a the track and the strength and you don’t play with those numbers. Science is real. 2 X 4’s and sheet metal can only take so much wind, and we measured the floor to top of the ceiling in the house and it was well below the expected storm surge. But the Key was the cats. IF I couldn’t have found shelter for them I would have either lived through it with them or died with them. You know me Brother. Thanks again. But the storm really cemented Rons push to move out of Florida. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 14, 2017 @ 07:48