September 16, 2017

And this is the state of our country today. Hugs

Filed under: Cartoons, Political — Scottie @ 09:16

(cartoon by Matt Wuerker)

(cartoon by Gary Varvel)

(cartoon by Paul Fell)

(cartoon by Joel Pett)

(cartoon by Stuart Carlson)

1. Oh so painfully true.

Comment by Tony Burgess — September 16, 2017 @ 12:44

2. Sincerely Mr. Glover,

Comment by Southern Thang — September 16, 2017 @ 13:17

• Mr Glover your comment was deleted because you are just keeping the issue going , against all I recommended. I will try one last time. You want it to stop and you claim what is posted hurt when you see it. Then don’t go see it, and stop replying to anything about it. Just stop. Both you and Croy just block each other and be done with it. Also stop trying to drag me in on it, as it is not my issue. I will not approve any more comments on the subject. Don’t go where you don’t like and block people you don’t want to get comments from. Thank you. Now you and your wife enjoy, but I am DONE with this subject.

Comment by Scottie — September 16, 2017 @ 13:25

3. Love the cartoon with the guys reading the newspaper! So appropos.

Comment by Nan — September 16, 2017 @ 13:23

4. Dare I ask your thoughts on the infamous retweet as of late lol…

Comment by Cory Melancon — September 18, 2017 @ 10:46

• I take it you mean the one of tRump hitting a golf ball and then it cuts to it hitting Hillary and she falls down? OK here is several points on how I looked at it. Childish and silly and not worthy of the office of the president. However having said that I am not outraged by it. We know that the event is made up, not real. The same reason I was not upset over Kathy Gifford and the pretend severed head of tRump. We knew it was not real. We have to relearn to take jokes and comedy. DO I find either funny. Nope. However some do. So that humor must not be banned just because I think it on the level of an 8 year old. I do think it is sad and unfortunate that we have a president and a country that insists on finding the lowest points of democracy to revel in. In some countries after an election the loser is jailed or not let run in the first place. We use to call those “banana republics” . Are we to be one of those? And your thoughts on the matter? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2017 @ 11:01

• Yep the infamous golf swing, I guess for me I was just shocked more than anything I was like why would a president do that, I guess I agree it was childish I mean like why????

And I’m far from remotely even caring about politics, so me being surprised I guess is saying something but hey he’s gonna do what he’s gonna do…

Comment by Cory Melancon — September 18, 2017 @ 13:06

• It is worse because it is beneath the office he holds. That office should have and be respected. But he is like a puppy who pees and poops on it at whim. On another note, did you send me an email? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2017 @ 13:11

• Yes it came from me

Comment by Cory Melancon — September 18, 2017 @ 13:13

• OK. I will address it after I have lunch. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2017 @ 13:14

Comment by Cory Melancon — September 18, 2017 @ 13:15

5. “Childish and silly and not worthy of the office of the president.” Most definitely! I mean, think about it. Could you (or anyone) imagine ANY past president doing something like this? Or even someone in congress? This is grade-school antics. But then, as many have pointed out, this is the intelligence level of our current leader.

No doubt it played exceedingly well with his supporters since many of them absolutely DETEST Hillary … and for our immature leader, that’s all that really matters.

Comment by Nan — September 18, 2017 @ 13:03

• Agreed. I hate what he is doing to that office. I really do. No president is perfect and no one agrees with everything a president does, but in my life they have all respected the job, as caretakers, not tyrants. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 18, 2017 @ 13:13