September 28, 2017

He Pulled Out A Gun And Won Alabama’s GOP Primary

Filed under: Asshole / Jerk, Bigotry, History, News, Political — Scottie @ 11:38

1. scary as Hell, isn’t it? here we go in the wayback machine to 1949!

Comment by Suze — September 28, 2017 @ 11:41

• We have to find the stop button and then the go forward button in a hurry. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 28, 2017 @ 11:42

2. Gabby says: Ain’t he so dang cool waving his lil pistol. Gaaaaaawd!

Comment by larrypaulbrown — September 28, 2017 @ 11:56

• I agree. Dang what is wrong with our people? Is there too much lead in the water. Did they eat lead paint chips as kids? Shit. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 28, 2017 @ 11:57

• Could be, Scottie….or maybe the stupid fairy passed over them and sprinkled dumb-shit dust, whaddyathink?

Comment by larrypaulbrown — September 28, 2017 @ 12:24

• I think the echo camber they live in got too tight. The religious right got on school boards and into schools, the kids did not learn science but bible. The christian right got into local boards and PUSHED their religion on others, with out challenge. They grew up being pulled farther right and farther fundamentalist, and then they started listening to only Rush Limbaugh and fox news. Once you decided anything that disagrees with your pastor is fake news and only fox is telling the truth ( even when proven it is telling you lies ) there is simply no hope for that generation. We have to hope the up coming generations will be more progressive, but that takes real education. We need to have education opportunities here in the states expanded. We need to prevent the corrupting of the youth, or we will go the way of the Taliban and the Isis of Christianity. Sad these people pushing their religion don’t see that. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 28, 2017 @ 12:29

• Some deep thoughts there….this is not a new phenomenon, that movement has been working hard since the 1980s to politicize their agenda. Now, with DeVoss, a charter school advocate, as secretary of education, the kids have an even slimmer chance of a quality public, secular education. There is a bill coming up for vote to protect our rights from the religionists’ agenda. http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/64247/20160521/rep-joseph-kennedy-iii-seeks-to-prevent-religious-discrimination-via-do-no-harm-act.htm I have requested Representative Webster to support this bill…..good luck with that idea, he is a brown-nosing Trump crony.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — September 28, 2017 @ 14:35

• Thanks for the info Larry. I am stumped as to what we can do or how to do it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 28, 2017 @ 14:39

• Keep on writing about it, share the info and email your Congressmen. A few of them do have scruples. Senator Nelson is a champion for us but rumor has it that Gov. Scott, another Trump groupie, is challenging for his Senate seat next election. Hugs back to ya.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — September 28, 2017 @ 15:25

3. I would love to see this guy (and others of his ilk) walking down the sidewalk while I’m casually sitting on a bench in front of a storefront … and as he approaches, I would stick my foot out so he would fall flat on his face and … oh my! … that “second amendment” gun he’s carrying would go off and hit him right in the … [censored].

Comment by Nan — September 28, 2017 @ 12:45

4. Also, Scottie, I just posted about HR3222. Check it out and if it’s your cup of tea, get involved with your elected representatives.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — September 28, 2017 @ 16:17

• OK, will check it out in a bit. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 28, 2017 @ 16:30

5. Personally, I get a bit of a kick from these gun nuts. They sound and look so very brave, as long as they alone have a gun. How many ever served in the military? How many have ever been in combat? How many have ever been shot at by another human being who was trying to kill them? I have done all of those and I can tell you from personal experience that being shot at by a person who intends to kill you is NOT fun in any way at all. I can promise these gun toting clowns, the first time another person shoots at them, they WILL pee their pants, guaranteed! That last comment even applies the third, fourth…..etc. time they get shot at. Basically, it ain’t NO fun at all folks.

Comment by davidambrose66 — September 29, 2017 @ 20:35

• I agree David. I have written about the time I was tasked with driving a van of high ranking officers / visitors to what was East Berlin. Basically my unit had to play host to a visiting tour of high ranking officials. We had to take them to a fancy restaurant in East Berlin. I had a first Sargent friend visiting me at the time ( I was on leave ) and the deal made with me was if I drove one of the vans then me and my friend got to go to the restaurant and be part of this group. Long story short on the way home to West Berlin just as it was getting dark we came under fire. I have no idea who was shooting but I can tell you I was about peeing my pants. I lost my head lights and some windows in the van, people were yelling and the van a head of me took off. I was about to panic when my first Sargent friend took charge, garbing me and telling me to catch the other van and ride their ass back to check point Charley. He got everyone quiet and calmed. I admit I was scared. I was young and never put into a situation like that before. Hope never to again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2017 @ 20:45

• Yikes!

Comment by Nan — September 29, 2017 @ 20:51

• Ya. I was lucky I served in peace time and in the satellite field, my unit in Berlin was sister with an intelligence unit. So it was really easy non military environment. That was a real wake up call to the real world around me. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 29, 2017 @ 20:55