September 30, 2017

I am not a snowflake and yes winter is coming. Hugs

Filed under: Love, News, Questions, Reason — Scottie @ 09:13

Winter is coming

1. I have never been quite sure what the “snowflake’ appellation was about. Thanks to this I now understand.

Comment by Suze — September 30, 2017 @ 12:00

• Ah Suze. I got hit with that when I first started at Arks blog with the community there. I was new to communities and I was giving my opinion. Some one accused me of being a social justice warrior and a snowflake. Rather than look the words up on google I took them at face value and responded affirmatively. I responded I loved the idea of fighting for those not able to fight for themselves and that I wanted equal civil rights for all. I went on to say I was willing to put my voice out there for those suffering and in need. As for begin a snowflake I mentioned while I did not get the term, a snowflake was individual with no copy and I liked the idea of being unique. Then some people who knew me better on the site informed me of what the terms stood for and while they loved my enthusiasm and response, I was not what the person had accused me of being. I guess I am saddened that such great ideas as social justice and snowflake got take to mean negative things. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2017 @ 12:11

2. Nice saying. Yes not everyone is a snowflake and you got that right that winter is coming.

Comment by thespiritkeeper — September 30, 2017 @ 12:12

• 🙂 be well. Did you catch my story I told Suze about not knowing what the terms meant when I was first accused of being them? I was taken aback, but then soon learned some people have taken a great thing of helping others, and went totally batshit off the rails with it. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2017 @ 12:15

• I had to go back and read as I am not a commentary reader of other peoples comments. Yes some terms of snowflakes apply here and I don’t think the snowflakes have the corner of helping other people. That has been going on for centuries and if you dissect more of their definition you will see it is all borrowed essentially

Comment by thespiritkeeper — September 30, 2017 @ 13:37

• Thanks. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2017 @ 13:56

3. Scottie,
    I like that sign very much. By the time I was half way through my tour in the Vietnam war, I swore I’d not use physical violence except to protect my family and friends from serious harm or life threatening situations. My violence is mostly verbal and oh man, this old former Marine can cuss up a full blown hurricane when needed.
    I try to live my life by treating ALL I come in contact with every day the way I want to be treated. I am 100% certain that this supposed “golden rule” predates every religion that has ever existed. To me, it is just basic common sense. Of course this being ‘Merikkka in 2017, what we once called common sense, common courtesy, and common decency are not very common any longer.

Comment by davidambrose66 — September 30, 2017 @ 13:11