September 30, 2017

MI Couple Let Infant Die of Treatable Disease Because “God Makes No Mistakes” – Friendly Atheist

Filed under: Children, Criminal, Harm, Health, News, Questions, Religion — Scottie @ 09:37

This again shows the the reason we say fundamentalism religion must be opposed.  It causes harm to everyone.  A child died because of a belief in a myth.  Where is the outrage that would have sprung up if the mother had an abortion.   Selective right to life?  Take any religious belief out of caring for children.  Sad and angry hugs

These parents let their child die because religious pride was more important to them than common sense.

Source: MI Couple Let Infant Die of Treatable Disease Because “God Makes No Mistakes” – Friendly Atheist

1. I am so often at a complete loss as to what to say when I read things like this.

Comment by Suze — September 30, 2017 @ 11:58

• I am only at a loss as to the “why” any parent would do this. My anger boils at this. My voice, oh I get real vocal when someone denies science and lets or promotes the death of children to support myth. I really have no beef with normal fellowship, such as Larry promotes, but as a victim of childhood abuse I get really bat shit angry at the harm of a child. One reason I am so pissed our golf idiot in chief is golfing while children and adults, humans, are suffering on the islands from Maria. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2017 @ 12:02

2. This comment in response to the article says it all……

It is a fucked up thing when parents love jesus more than their own kid

Comment by Charity Burke — September 30, 2017 @ 11:59

• Yes Charity. How anyone human can look at a child , especially your own child , suffering and not move heaven and hell to get help is beyond my understanding. I know some take joy in a child’s pain ( oh boy do I know that one ) and those people are sick, mentally ill. So what do we call people who let their own children suffer and die for the sake of an unproven myth? Sorry I wish I had the answers. If there was such a thing as a god, would he be happy that his “people” let their children die when there was help readily available? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2017 @ 12:05

3. And the baby had jaundice like many newborns do. It’s totally treatable!

Comment by Charity Burke — September 30, 2017 @ 12:26

4. I’d add my thoughts on this, but better not as there is no way I could keep them civil. Charity,
    your comment about this being fucked up just scratches the surface of my disgust at this sort of abuse. I cannot say more and stay civil……..and NO, I am not sorry about that.

Comment by davidambrose66 — September 30, 2017 @ 13:19

5. Wonderful huh…… Morons

Comment by omtatjuan3 — September 30, 2017 @ 15:04

• It makes me wish we could get a group of real loving parent together to “teach” these morons a real lesson. Hope you have been well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — September 30, 2017 @ 15:09

6. Stories like this surface time after time. I’d be surprised if either parent saw jail. Stupidity of religious fundamentalism has proven to be an admissible courtroom defense.America has to figure out how to remove faith based defense from criminal negligence.Sigh 🙂

Comment by Notes To Ponder — October 1, 2017 @ 03:37