October 2, 2017

(8) Trump’s “Condolences and Sympathies” Won’t Cut It | The Resistance with Keith Olbermann | GQ – YouTube

Filed under: Facts, News, Political, Reason — Scottie @ 20:35

I know many of my viewers do not like to watch videos.  I know that some feel it is not a good way to for a post to get information across.   Some people simply wont have the time to watch this video.   I understand.  However the video below says better than I can what is happening with guns in our country.  There is information I did not know about gun deaths in the video.   The video puts together a case against the “individual right to own all weapons” that some people think the second amendment gives them, with words from a chief justice of the supreme court.   Other than copying and writing  everything said in the video here, the video is the best way to express my self on this subject.   Thank you.  Hugs

1. Superb video. Keith Olbermann is terrific.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 2, 2017 @ 22:09

2. Reblogged this on QUEST:THE HOME STRETCH.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — October 3, 2017 @ 09:14

3. There’s GOT to be a better way! Taking away guns from those who enjoy hunting, target shooting, and/or collecting simply isn’t the answer. These are individuals who respect the weapon.

The problem is that we simply don’t know who’s going to “go off the deep end” and kill hundreds of innocent people. There’s been much talk about providing better mental health services, but some of the shooters have not shown any mental problems prior to a massacre episode. In fact, it was reported that the Nevada shooter was a normal guy … a bit of a “lone wolf” but nothing that would indicate his intentions.

So what do we do? I doubt very much this country would ever allow the government to take away all guns. There are too many “gun-slingers” that would “defend their Second Amendment rights” (even though, as Keith pointed out, it was written under far different circumstances) to the death … of those who came to get the guns.

I wish I had an answer. I wish SOMEONE had an answer … !

Comment by Nan — October 3, 2017 @ 14:44

• Hello Nan. I have had two people who are long time hunters, who grew up with guns in the home, tell me they don’t mind reasonable controls. Things like background checks, limits on magazines, Limiting these silly open carry laws. If you need an semi assault rifle to go to MacDonald or Walmart, stay home. So there is middle ground and room for everyone at the table. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 3, 2017 @ 17:27

• Yes, there is room … but unfortunately, no one seems to want to make the room. For far too many, it’s all or nothing and they won’t even consider any kind of reasonable solution. Lack of sensible discussion is frustrating, maddening, and as many events have shown us, deadly.

Comment by Nan — October 3, 2017 @ 17:33

• I agree. At this point I will take baby steps. Lets start with the bill in congress to reduce rules and regulations on silencers. Why do we need more silencers on more guns? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 3, 2017 @ 18:18

• That’s an easy one. We need silencers on guns so that when a maniac uses them to kill dozens of people they don’t make noise and bother those folks nearby who may be trying to sleep. Geez, is that SO hard to figure out. I’m not for taking away people’s hunting rifles and/or personal handguns. However, there is absolutely no reason on god’s green orb that someone needs to own 23 semi-automatic assault weapons. If you’re not in the bloody military or on a SWAT team, you should NOT be able to stock pile an arsenal. Sadly, nothing will be done as the NRA has the balls of the GOP and many Dems tightly held in a large money clip. $ in America will ALWAYS win out over people’s lives. Fuck, what good is a life anyway? Ya’ can’t spend it.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 3, 2017 @ 18:31

• I love you Jeff. You make me laugh even when the situation is so dang hard to deal with. Thanks for both the humor and the telling the truth on the subject. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 3, 2017 @ 18:51

4. At the risk of sounding like an old broken record, WHY, why in bloody he** does anybody “need” an assault rifle in this country? Just who “needs” an automatic weapon? Yes, I do include the police in that group. It seems to me that gang types have this love of automatic weapons. This way they can do the drive by shootings so much easier than if they only had old single action pistols. I call it “spray and pray”. Spray the area with automatic gun fire and pray you hit what/who you were shooting at. Oh, the US military was against full automatic weapons in the early 1900’s because the generals felt the troops would use up too much ammunition without killing the enemy. Yep, way back when they knew about spray and pray. This country never seems to learn much.

Comment by davidambrose66 — October 3, 2017 @ 18:38

• I agree. Just heard a person say the only thing to hunt with an assault weapon is people. Thank you David for adding perspective and history to the conversation. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 3, 2017 @ 18:49