October 5, 2017

With one mass shooting nearly EVERY day ( four or more victims ) when do they suggest is the right time. How about now before the next victims. Hugs

Filed under: Criminal, Harm, News, Political, Reason — Scottie @ 11:24

(cartoon by Clay Jones)

1. Great post Scottie, thanks. Yes, there is no better time than RIGHT NOW. Our Senator Nelson has introduced a bill to address the gun issue http://floridapolitics.com/archives/246083-bill-nelson-sponsors-bill-ban-bump-stocks-assault-weapons

Comment by larrypaulbrown — October 5, 2017 @ 12:22

2. Scottie,

My math could be a little sketchy, BUT… (notice my humble sarcasm please)

I don’t think SIX past massacres are anywhere NEAR the correct number. 😦 ❤

Comment by Professor Taboo — October 5, 2017 @ 12:49

• you are correct Professor. Sadly the Meme only mentioned those six. I was stunned to find that there has been one almost every day this year. Do we really care so little about the lives of humans that we take them away so easily? It is upsetting to me to know that most never make the news. I find this a national disgrace. Thanks Professor. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 5, 2017 @ 14:19

• As I told Robert Vella yesterday or day before,

…if ISIS or whatever radical foreign terrorist group wants to beat and win against the USA, just wait a decade or two and let us kill each other with all our guns and assault weapons we dole out everywhere!!!</em" Hell, in the heat of battles/massacres WE ourselves don't/won't even know WHO is Friend or Foe, much less law-enforcement!!! 😦

Comment by Professor Taboo — October 5, 2017 @ 14:35

• You’re right, Professor. We need many, many more because the more people that get killed, the more family members will be affected and eventually (maybe) there will be enough survivors to rise up and DEMAND a change. Right now, there’s ONLY a few hundred of them …

Sick. So sick.

Comment by Nan — October 5, 2017 @ 18:42

• I think we have reached a small tipping point Nan. I hope we have. I was reading the NRA is scrambling to head off more restrictive regulations by saying we need to look into bump stocks. SOme people say the wording is such that the NRA wants an investigation, not action on the subject, and it is a delay tacit. But this is the first time they have been made to back up. So it is a start. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 5, 2017 @ 18:45

3. Scottie,
    Great post. It says it all and then some.
    You know things are really bad when even an old, broken down sarcastic/cynical guy like me is disgusted with the ongoing mass killings done in the US of A. The fact that this keeps happening in the US just makes me realize that as a nation, the great (actually not so great) people never learn from any of these killings. Yes, the collective we are shocked every time there is a new mass killing, however, our collective shock soon wears off, only to reawaken when the next one happens.
    Is it just me, or does this not represent a form of absolute stupidity?

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 5, 2017 @ 14:22

• Hello Walter. I am not sure if it is stupidity or simply overwhelming frustration. As individuals we can do little, and our congress is paid by the gun lobby to do nothing. So we feel helpless to effect change. However I think if we band together as a people and say we wont accept anymore and will work against those who do have the ability to change things and do nothing. Then we can get change. I hope. it is a long shot, but what other chance do we have. Thanks. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 5, 2017 @ 14:42

4. I read your comment Scottie and just had to add this quote from Margaret Mead; “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For,indeed, that’s all who ever have”. So, yes WE can make the world a better place, but it will take tons of really hard work, and time, lots of time.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 5, 2017 @ 17:13