October 6, 2017

BREAKING: Sessions Issues Long-Feared And Sweeping “License To Discriminate” Against LGBT Americans – Joe.My.God.

Filed under: Gender, Harm, Homosexual, My Life and Rants, News, Political, Religion — Scottie @ 14:47

I am NOT a second class citizen.  I served in two different branches of the military and did two tours of duty.  I demand my rights and will not ask you to give what should already be mine.  Any right a religious person has doesn’t override my rights.  My existence, and rights to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness is not dependent on the good will of any religious person.  I will not take a long step back to the 1950’s.  This is a secular country not founded as a theocracy.   Hugs

“Today’s guidance by Jeff Sessions proves this Administration will do anything possible to categorize LGBTQ Americans as second-class citizens who are not equal under the law,” said Sarah Kate Ellis, President and CEO of GLAAD. “Freedom of religion is paramount to our nation’s success, but does not give people the right to impose their beliefs on others, to harm others, or to discriminate.

Source: BREAKING: Sessions Issues Long-Feared And Sweeping “License To Discriminate” Against LGBT Americans – Joe.My.God.

1. It seems the entire focus of the Administrative branch of government has only one goal during their tenure…to completely destroy anything that was approved of/contributed to/encouraged by Mr. Obama. The old white bigots are in charge and I am no longer sure we will be able to stop them before they completely dismantle our republic.

Comment by Suze — October 6, 2017 @ 19:26

• I agree. We need the special prosecutor to bring the hammer down soon. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 6, 2017 @ 19:28

• It seems the entire focus of the Administrative branch of government has only one goal during their tenure…to completely destroy anything that was approved of/contributed to/encouraged by Mr. Obama.

YUP!

Comment by Nan — October 6, 2017 @ 19:44

2. Well, I followed the link you gave above and oh, well of course. This entire mess is to protect religious sensibilities. What a bloody joke! Oh, wait, in the US of A (I have called it ‘Merikkka since W. Shrub invaded Afghanistan and Iraq) we all know that xtians are the most persecuted religion ever. Do NOT ever mention to them the Inquisition. THAT would just be reenforcing their sense of persecution after all.
    These same persecuted xtians keep trying to tell us nonbelievers of any religion how the US of A was created as an xtian nation. Another total crock. The holy book they claim to revere is not mentioned in either the Declaration of Independence nor the US Constitution. The real persecuted in ‘Merikkka are the working class (all skin colors/sexes) and every person of color, male and female. The white rich men are never persecuted, nor are the xtians. Muslims and other minority religions do get a good bit of persecution, particularly since 9/11.
    Just because some ancient book of myths from the Middle East says that a particular god doesn’t like LGBT people is no reason to discriminate against them. My personal opinion, this world can use ALL the love it can get. Actually, this planet NEEDS all the love it can get and then some. A minority of very small minded clowns have the ear of the orange haired rodent who happens to be our current POTUS. Hard times are coming folks, sooner than we can imagine.
    We MUST do all we can every day to treat ALL people we come in contact with every day the way we want to be treated.
    If some idiot, “persecuted” clown xtians don’t like that, well tough beans and hard cheese.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 7, 2017 @ 03:01

• I love it, very well said. Have a great weekend. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 7, 2017 @ 10:28

3. As Hendrix once sang;
    ‘I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.’

Or if that doesn’t work …
    ”Fuck you and the talking donkey you rode into town on.”

Comment by Arkenaten — October 7, 2017 @ 04:52

4. Forgive my digression but I need to talk about Roy Moore, the prevailing Republican candidate for this Decembers’ Alabama Senate election to replace the seat vacated by Jeff Sessions. The cancer has metastasized and I fear for all unfortunate individuals living in its path…

Comment by Notes To Ponder — October 7, 2017 @ 08:47

• Thank you Notes. The post you made is fantastic. I recently seen a video that showed a young woman accosting a Sikh who handled it wonderfully. He did not get angry as the woman went off the rails against him, he also wouldn’t let his followers respond to hate. It may have been your blog I seen it on. How I wish I could get that understanding through to my hard right country man. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 7, 2017 @ 10:26

5. Ditto on the comments. Scottie, my brother, I am there on the battle front with you. Religion is nothing more than man-made philosophy on steroids presented as the divine truth to promote heavenly pick-pocketing. Theology is designed by man to reinforce the phobias and greed of the religionist. We have in power today racist and bigoted men/women who want to establish a theocracy to enforce their “beliefs” Hugs, Scottie, thank you for your service.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — October 7, 2017 @ 10:06

• Thank you Larry, very well said. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 7, 2017 @ 10:14

• Larry,
      My personal view is that god was invented by some poor dad, probably like my own Dad. This old dad had a kid, like me, who kept asking all sorts of questions that the dad had no answer for. Things like, “Hey dad, why is the sky blue?” or;”Dad, how come grass is green?” You get the idea. One day, this poor old dad got so frustrated with his pesky kid, he invented a “reason”. Yep, he invented a god who made everything the way it is or seems to be.
      The next time the kid, me, asked his dad why, or how come, the dad had an easy reply……”Because god made it that way”. Now, of course nobody could argue against this as this god had made everything, just as it is. Yeah, I know, it is total BS, but for thousands of years, it HAS worked for far too many people.
      Oh, this brings up another question, yeah, I AM like that, which god was the first one to be invented? Even the “good Christians (I use the term xtians)” are atheists. Before you say HOLD on there! stop a second, they do NOT believe in Shiva, Thor, Zeus, uniter, or any of the many, many other gods who have been/still may be worshipped by humans.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 7, 2017 @ 16:51

• I challenge religionists and theologians in their thinking because they are dead in their “isms”. Please do not take that to mean that I do not profess a deep faith in a power greater than any of us. Namaste

Comment by larrypaulbrown — October 7, 2017 @ 21:20

6. You are FIRST class all the freaking way!

Comment by bethanyk — October 7, 2017 @ 13:29

7. Scottie, you are much closer to my faith than you realize. Let me put it another way. “I know that I am not the greatest power on earth. I am fallible.” My 1st sponsor in AA was my higher power for many years…..much like your hubby but, alas, no sex.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — October 7, 2017 @ 21:40