October 18, 2017

Ron has been ill

Filed under: My Life and Rants — Scottie @ 10:57

I have not posted much because Ron has not been feeling well and I have both taken care of him and take on duties of the house, when I can stay awake.    Ron has bad lungs, and he gets bronchitis very easily.  It starts as this one did with a cough.  It gets worse and like always Ron feels he can take care of it and he will fix himself.  He takes his meds and does breathing treatments and it gets worse until he really can’t breath and we run him to a doctor.  Yesterday was convenient care which really was convenient.   The place was nice, under used, over staffed, and got Ron right in.   Guess what, he has an infection in his bronchial tubes, yes bronchitis.   IF he would just go to the medical provider when it happens, no problems.  In fact three days before an emergency run to convenient care, he  was at his primary, did he mention the cough , nope, it will get better he says.

So he got a huge antibiotic shot in the hip, which he complains about all the time, and he has better inhalers and treatments, and some pills.   His blood sugar has been off the charts since the infection, and he is very cranky, unhappy.   SO I have been cooking him meals, doing clean up , and trying to take care of the house.  I am not up to it, but no one has died yet.  Hey he is 62 and deserves to be taken care of some times.   Just want you all to know why the mostly silence the last few days.   Ok I have to go clean the cat box, which after I do it he will say ” I was going to do that”.     Loves to all, I just want to sleep.   I hope the doctor tomorrow morning can help.   Hugs

1. I am so sorry to read that Ron is ill. I hope he recovers quickly but I know that bronchitis takes time. I really hope the doctor can assist with your tiredness. It will really improve your quality of life.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — October 18, 2017 @ 11:03

2. H🤗Gs to both of you and hope the meds help FAAAAST 😎

Comment by The Story Reading Ape — October 18, 2017 @ 11:04

3. I hope he’s soon feeling better and back on form.
    Huge Hugs

Comment by davidprosser — October 18, 2017 @ 11:10

4. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you will soon be fighting over who can use the vacuum cleaner next or cook lunch. Then he will hopefully be on the road to recovery.

Comment by angloswiss — October 18, 2017 @ 11:28

• I concede, he can have the vacuum. We have one we bought when younger and it is a monster. I recently bought a small battery sweeper and I like it better. But yes, the trick is to get him to go to a doctor when he is needing one and then to keep him from over doing until he is healed. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 13:44

5. Sending him healing

Comment by thespiritkeeper — October 18, 2017 @ 12:28

6. So sorry, Scottie. It seems that’s all you need after the hurricane, your health problems, and trying to fix the house to move. Just hang onto that old saying …. “This too shall pass.” ❤ ❤ ❤

Comment by Nan — October 18, 2017 @ 12:29

• Yup. He is already feeling a bit better. Today I went with him for groceries and it is a good thing. He pushed and pushed until I said enough and simply drove us home. He was doing too much for as sick as he is. Stubborn is his name. Thanks Nan. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 13:41

7. Jim and Ron must have hatched from the same egg. Been sick for over a week, flu symptoms, refused until Monday to go to the doctor, yes it’s bronchitis, steroids, antibiotics, high powered cough syrup, and within a day nearly back to normal….through sickness and through health…..we love ’em, don’t we? Hope you both get to feeling better.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — October 18, 2017 @ 12:36

• Thank you Larry , yes we do. Thing is I could use a little less stubbornness when it comes to getting him into a doctor. He works with doctors and knows many of them personally, but wont go get the help he needs when he is sick, until he is really forced too. Be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 13:40

8. Sorry to hear Ron is not feeling well.
    I detest getting any shots in my hip. I always insist they give me any shots in my arm. They tell you, go home and rest. Well, it is very hard to rest and move your hip. I can rest and move my arm, that way, the pain of the shot is lessened some. Last time I got a penicillin shot I insisted I get it in my arm. The doc said, it’s up to you. He had the nurse give it in my arm.
    Best wishes for Ron to fell better soon.
    Extra hugs forth of you.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 18, 2017 @ 12:42

9. Sorry to hear Ron is not feeling well. Best wishes for his health to improve soon.
    Extra hugs for both of you.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 18, 2017 @ 12:43

• Thanks, he has this about twice a year. Pollen time and fresh mowed grass really hits him hard. It is unusual that I can help him out like I can right now. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 13:37

10. Hope he gets well soon. I’ve got the same problem with my lungs whenever I get sick. It automatically turns into bronchitis and I get a cough so bad it feels like my head will explode. I have asthma and allergies, too, and that doesn’t help. I really hope it clears up soon for him.

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 18, 2017 @ 13:42

• Thank you Jeff. He gets stubborn. Today he insisted he was going grocery shopping. SO I went with him and it was a good thing. I had to just say enough and drive us home. He still wanted to get more stuff. OH well, he is taking a treatment. You take care, I don’t want you ill. thanks again. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 13:46

11. Sorry to hear that. Best treatment in such cases – besides the antibiotic is to stay put. At home. In bed…
    And aren’t due to see your specialist soon?

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 18, 2017 @ 14:24

• You are right, thank you. However having trouble getting him to rest. Thankfully he has gotten interested in the TV so he is good for a few hours. Yes I see the endocrinologist tomorrow. I hope he can help me. I don’t know where to go from here. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 14:43

• Best of luck with the endocrino. I’m sure he will find something. Cheers.

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 19, 2017 @ 16:40

• Thank you. I did have some luck. The doc said this morning that he doesn’t think the problem is my thyroid. He thinks it is my pituitary gland. I have a bunch of labs he wants done. Then we see. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 19, 2017 @ 16:45

• Ok. That’s the hypophysis right? Getting closer. Run the tests as soon as you can to get a clear idea and possible treatment. All the best.

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 19, 2017 @ 19:03

• Thanks. I go for an M.R.I. tomorrow morning.
        I think I can get the tests on the weekend.
        I have to do them before 8 AM. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 19, 2017 @ 19:04

• Good. The MRI will probably tell the most. And I hope your next appointment with the endocrino is not in 3 months!

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 19, 2017 @ 19:13

• No..it is 6 months. Next April. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 19, 2017 @ 19:16

• What? And in the meantime? By phone or mail?

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 20, 2017 @ 18:18

• He gave me some labs to do and they will call me with results. I hope he will find what he needs to know in the labs, the blood work, and then try to fix it. I have to do the labs by 8 AM so I have to go tomorrow morning to the hospital as they are the only ones open in time to do the blood draw. I don’t know right now. I am discouraged. I tried hard to convey what is going on in my body but he was all over the map with things. Thanks, I will let everyone know what I find out. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 20, 2017 @ 20:14

• Chin up. You’re doing the right thing. The MRI is likely to give the most extensive results. All the best.

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 21, 2017 @ 19:59

• Thank you. I have some news I will share later when I get it official from the doctor. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 21, 2017 @ 20:10

• Good. 🙂

Comment by equinoxio21 — October 23, 2017 @ 17:31

12. Dear Scottie:
    Whish your husband a quick recovery. My lungs are working at some 2 -Thirds capacity with ever so often bronchitis too.
    …, and all the best for you.
    Hugs from Germany
    miles

Comment by miles — October 18, 2017 @ 15:42

• Hello Miles. Hope you are well. Take care of your self. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 16:52

13. Oh, silly Ron. He isn’t helping anyone by denying that he is ill! Glad he is on the mend.

Comment by heretherebespiders — October 18, 2017 @ 16:58

• Thank you. He is getting better. He is struggling on a no carb diet as the shot they gave him makes his sugar soar. The wanted him to have oat meal or beans. For three days! Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 18, 2017 @ 18:00

14. Oh sweetheart, I’m so sorry to hear Ron is feeling so grim, much love sent both your way(s) from across the pond. I’m glad you have each other to nurse, it really makes a difference to be surrounded by such love and care.

– Esme hugging them both upon the Cloud and hoping things perk up for Ron very soon ❤

Comment by Esme upon the Cloud — October 18, 2017 @ 19:13

15. Men are so stubborn! My sister calls them “brats”. But I do hope for the best — sounds like things are gradually turning around. Maybe “next time”, he will listen to you….nah!

Comment by Barbara Carlson — October 19, 2017 @ 08:20

16. You are a ROCKSTAR Scottie! Ron is very fortunate to have you! HELL… anybody would be. 😉 ❤

Comment by Professor Taboo — October 19, 2017 @ 09:24