October 19, 2017

offensive

Filed under: Bigotry, meme, Questions, Reason, Religion — Scottie @ 09:18

1. Scottie,
    This has got to be among your very best ever posts.
    I really agree with you 100,000% on the first one.
    Old Thoreau sure had it nailed long before you and I were even a wild dream.
    I still cannot get past what George Carlin said about the biblical god…..al the deaths, genocides, etc., BUT he still loves us? Oh, and that same god always needs money. Imagine that, the supposed creator of everything but the moron cannot manage his/her/its money. Some great, all powerful being, eh?
    I swear, organized religion is THE worst human invention ever.
    Hope Ron gets well soon and that your health improves soon.
    Extra hugs for you both.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 19, 2017 @ 11:49

• I agree. Ron is mending. I have a bunch of labs to do. SO far I do not know any more than I did before. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 19, 2017 @ 11:54

2. That picture of the starving people? It’s truly heartbreaking.

I can’t help but wonder what kind of “excuse” Christians would offer to justify why their God allows this to happen. Not only that, some churches send BIBLES, for the gods sake, to countries where these people live. Guess they think that once the people “accept Jesus,” God will start sending manna from heaven. Ya’ think?

Comment by Nan — October 19, 2017 @ 15:42

• I know, crazy. Ricky Gervais did a great rift on people sending prayers and he was stupid and only sent money to help. You know, how does Mel explain why whole nations of children starve to death, die horribly but god helps some teams win and finds other peoples car keys? I would love to know how he rationalizes their lives. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 19, 2017 @ 15:57

• Scottie,
        Oh, I’ll go ever further than that. Two teams play whatever game, your choice of game. They both pray to the same god. OK, does the team that lost now wake up to the fact that this god loved the other team more than he/she/it loved them? How do the members of the team that lost deal with that?
        My opinion, the god of the holy bible is the biggest mass murderer ever. Want to help a human become an atheist? Have them read the bible, ALL of it, cover to cover.
        Yes, I am in a snarky mood today. Bloody internet router died and had to get a new one.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 19, 2017 @ 16:18

• You maybe snarky, but you are also very correct. Sorry about your router. The god of the bible is despicable in its actions and descriptions. That alone shows it was a made up story by men. How some people can worship the god depicted in the bible I don’t know. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 19, 2017 @ 16:21

3. As far as I’m concerned, nothing in this world is offensive as the hubris of religious ignorance. I throw up in my mouth when fundamentalist nincompoops profess moral superiority and condemnation of all but their pin head world view. A few years ago a so called man of moral Christian superiority took exception to my pro-life position. This man of “God” wished myself and everyone I loved murdered, he took delight in describing progression of said murders – in short my violent death would be last. Bat shit Christian equated killing me last as an act of Christian charity – my opportunity to repent and kiss God’s ass. WTF!

Comment by Notes To Ponder — October 21, 2017 @ 06:17