October 24, 2017

The republican way

Filed under: Children, Economics, Family, meme, Political — Scottie @ 08:38

1. One 5thing that really gets me on this birth control/abortion deal is that while so many supposed xtians (most of you folks still call them christians) are dead set against either. OK, fine, that is their view. However, once that unwanted child is born, where are these supposed “loving”, “caring” xtians then? I’ll tell you, they are nowhere to be found. IF they see all human life as being so precious and god given, why are they not lining up around the block to adopt these children?
    I’d really like to have a good answer to this, but I don’t think I’ll ever get one. Oh, I am 100% serious in asking this, not at all sarcastic in any way.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 24, 2017 @ 11:58

• Same thing on the death penalty. How do they square that with all life is god given. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2017 @ 12:21

• Scottie,
        I have two big objections to the death penalty. First, and this has happened more than once, they kill an innocent person. OK, that person is dead, what do they say now? Ooops? Yeah, that surely gives “comfort” to the surviving family members doesn’t it? NOT!
        Secondly, I do not need the state to do any killing for me. Not that I’d kill anybody. Well, actually I would be prepared to defend my family and friends with any means available, but that is a whole different thing in my view.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — October 24, 2017 @ 16:49

• The reasons given for the death penalty simply do not stand up to scrutiny. Plus it cost a lot more than normal prisoner holding. Hope all is well for you, I have a bug of some sort today, feel like crap. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2017 @ 16:56

2. This is so horribly and sadly true of the Republican party, through and through. And most of the LOUDEST “Repubics” are in prime occupational positions or are huge land owners, and rarely spend any significant time in demographic areas lower or much lower than theirs — primarily because of this very attitude you imaged Scottie.

I know this for a fact in Texas. I am surrounded everywhere by well-to-do Republicans. Whites and their family members segregate themselves from non-white, impoverished, or lower middle-class establishments. Whether they admit it or not, verbalize it or not (directly & indirectly)… they act, consciously or subconsciously, like they are superior in most all ways. 😦

Comment by Professor Taboo — October 24, 2017 @ 12:26

3. I don’t know much about American politics, Scottie [other than Mr Trump, of course, everyone knows all about him]. I thought this was typical of all politicians though.

Comment by robbiesinspiration — October 24, 2017 @ 13:22

• No, this is the way the republicans see life. They are the ones who scream and plot to be “pro-lift, their slogan . They make a huge deal over the fetus and then after born they cut all support programs. It is a joke to let them keep claiming to be pro-life, they are pro-fetus. They are the party of demanding government get out of peoples lives, but with those they disagree with or dislike they want government to have complete say over all aspects other life, especially the sex life. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 24, 2017 @ 16:08

4. Sadly and disgustingly, there is profound truth in this meme.

Comment by Nan — October 24, 2017 @ 13:53