October 26, 2017

Trumpism 101- the reign of old white people

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 18:13

With all the shootings of black people stopped for almost no reason or shot when surrendering, unarmed, or even shot in the back, I have had a chance to think on my white older male privilege. I admit I am glad that I did not have to suffer the discrimination others have for the color of their skin. However I wish it was a privilege that never existed and had no need to. A person who’s blog I read is a young black man, and he worries. He has reason too. How many young black males have died when they were doing nothing wrong, and then had the police officer not held accountable.
The area I live in has had a lot of Spanish speaking people move here. I have seen older white people really lose their minds and get so irritate over hearing a language they couldn’t understand. I hear them rant about why others should be let speak in non-English, not understanding we speak a different English than it was originally in the colonies. Frankly I admire people who are bilingual. I have tried and can’t seem to grasp languages even my first language American English. When I was in Germany most Germans could speak my language better than I could, and they read and understood it at a higher level than I did. I remind the older white people who rant about the changing demographic of the US that this has happened since we white people got here. How do they think we became dominate anyway. We replaced the dominate people, the native Americans. I sometimes wonder if the older white people and the racist who yell they wont be replaced are afraid that they will be treated as shamefully as they treat the non white populations now. I am white and sadly I know now that must have helped me in the past. I look forward to a future where such a thing does not exist for anyone or any skin color. We are human. We are humans on the planet Earth. Thanks. Hugs

Ends and Beginnings

Majority of white Americans feel discriminated against: poll

This was the headline I read this morning on my USA Today news feed. The poll stated that “55% of whites surveyed believe that discrimination against white people exists in the U.S. today.”  It also went on to state that “of those white Americans surveyed, only a small percentage say they’ve experienced discrimination firsthand.” Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the world of Trumpism.

Want to know what Trumpsim is? Here is the definition;

A fair article is even-handed. A Trumpism fair article is one which praises Trump. The truth is that which is true. Trumpism true is whatever Trump currently wants to be true. – Urban Dictionary

Now, I have been white for all of my 56 years and I have lived in America for all of those years and to narrow it down even further I have only lived in…

View original post 303 more words

1. As a poor white person I feel GREATLY discriminated against…by Trump!

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 27, 2017 @ 09:31

2. White man killed the Native Americans and kidnapped and enslaved and shipped and killled African Americans from their own country. It is despicable behavior. But I am not one of those white people. I did none of these things and only have respect for the good decent and loving people of this earth no matter their heritage or religion or background.
    I know many who have had privilege. Not always based no their skin color but on the money in their hands. Being lost in the health care system is definitely not a privledge and it seems if you have ill health, the color of your skin doesn’t matter.
    No one should have to worry about discrimination and it goes further than skin but to being in a wheelchair or just being a woman, etc.
    keep in mind too…just my thoughts here…the news is not always true. And there are some fine law enforcement officers that put their life on the line every day to protect us. My husband being one of them

Comment by bethanyk — October 27, 2017 @ 13:35

• I understand Bethany. First there are fine police officers, I was a sheriffs deputy. However the husband of one of the people I grew up with was not so fine. I could say more but lets say he was taken off patrol and after being on restricted hours for a year, was assigned to the court house. like every profession there are good , there are bad, and there are the average.
      On being in the medical system. I have found it also shows white privilege. More whites have health care. Think of this. When politicians talk about those getting government assistance they use terms to describe non whites, yet more lower income whites get food assistance in most areas. They have proven that workers from Walmart and the military are the two biggest groups getting assistance. I am not saying any white person has abused their being white, I know you wouldn’t ever do that. I am saying that when it comes to stereotypes and assumptions, whites get a bigger break than non whites. Thanks for adding to the conversation, be well. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 27, 2017 @ 13:57

• Oh I know one who sexually assaulted my grandmother. There are bad individuals in every job. For sure.
        I agree. Whites get a bigger break. So many of them are a bunch of assholes!!!!
        I actually had better health care when I was on gov health care than what I have now. I guess everyone’s experiences are different but we will agree there is good everywhere, bad everywhere, and the color of your skin should have no relevance in your treatment

Comment by bethanyk — October 27, 2017 @ 14:01

• Agreed. You know you are so correct about the government health care. I recently added medicare to my other coverage. Before the medicare I had lots of co-pays. Now I have no co-pays and even my surgery was a lot less. I think my total for it came to a couple hundred dollars. Once the surgeons office found out I had added medicare they told us they wouldn’t need any money upfront or co -pays. We need medicare for everyone. then all would be covered. You, me, everyone. Best wishes. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 27, 2017 @ 14:08