October 30, 2017

This is a travesty

Filed under: News — Scottie @ 15:56

This makes me angry. IF I had children going Trick or Treat and they were given this I would want to know why the person handing them out thought it was OK to evangelize to minors without the parent’s permission. I would tell that person that if I wanted my child to be religious I would teach them my own religion which may not be the same as theirs. I would point out all the secular things they may not want their child exposed to and ask them if they thought strangers should have the right to talk to their children about them without the parents permission or against the parents wishes. This again is religious people pushing their beliefs on those who do not share them. Hugs

Why Evolution Is True

America is truly going to hell. First we elect a loon as President, and now this. Our department office keeps a bowl of candy for those who drop in, and the pickings are always pretty good (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, small 100 Grand candy bars, etc.) But today I found this in the bowl.

It’s a fast day for me, so I just took it and will try it tomorrow. I want to see if there’s any difference between the “good organic stuff” and the usual mixture of wax, sugar, dye, and chemicals that is known to Americans as “candy corn”.

AND THEN. . . . someone put this on my FB page, which led me to Google “candy corn Jesus”, and well. . . let’s just say there’s a lot of stuff.  Jut another reason to hate that vile confection:

There’s this:

Can you imagine getting this in your…

View original post 17 more words

1. On a different note, I just read that a federal judge blocked Draft-dodger Don’s transgender ban. Awesome!

Comment by inspiredbythedivine1 — October 30, 2017 @ 16:00

2. What a stupid nonsense.!

Comment by Miles — October 30, 2017 @ 16:09

• There are some very bigoted angry hateful people and they love the tRumpsky for letting them do horrible cruel things. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2017 @ 16:14

3. omg…..my hubby (bless his heart) adores candy corn..but then he has no taste after the Army mess tents got through with his taste buds. I hate it when the religious among us take it a step or twenty too far. they can hate the holiday for whatever reason, why mess it up for kids?

Comment by Suze — October 30, 2017 @ 16:40

• I Agree. It seems some people can not be happy unless they take fun away from someone else. some people just seem driven to put their god everywhere it doesn’t belong Hugs

Comment by Scottie — October 30, 2017 @ 16:50

4. Organic Candy Corn? Pah! Leave my chemicals alone, and don’t push this nonsense on them! As far as I’m concerned, “organic food” is simply carbon-based food, which includes everything except salt. Any other use of “organic” is just poorly-defined hype to raise the price. And I sure don’t want to avoid GMO’s, bring ’em on!. I guess it’s OK to have labels about gluten and nuts, so that people with severe allergies and intolerances can eat safely. But otherwise I’m pretty sure that this little bag costs way more per kernel than my big bag of plain-old grocery store house brand that’s sitting on my desk right now, and probably doesn’t taste as good. (omf nomf nomf)

Comment by Ubi Dubium — October 31, 2017 @ 09:30