November 4, 2017

You say what … Hugs

Filed under: Atheism, meme, Political, Questions — Scottie @ 14:40

These and many more can be found at http://atheistjack.tumblr.com/  Be well.  Hugs

1. Scottie, perhaps they are Christians by label only, don’t follow the walk set forth by their namesake. We need to make that distinction. Thanks and hugs to ya.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — November 4, 2017 @ 16:22

• Have you ever been to the friendly atheist? http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/
      I have not been to it today, but yesterday the stories made me angry and then more angry. These are mainstream religious people who are teachers, law enforcement, clerks, many more who push their religion on other people, sometimes with disastrous results for the people around them that they are forcing their religion on. Then we get to the Liberty university lawyers and the big religious talking heads like Ralph Reed. Liberty counsel lawyers are over in Australia doing their best to scary people away from voting yes on same sex marriage, and other equal rights. I am angry and sick of it that these groups do this crap and also want the right to discriminate yet they scream that their rights are being violated and they are the victims if they have to serve gay people or make them a cake. One lady was on video claiming that religion was being outlawed if she could spew her hatred for gay people and put forth that they should be killed. Yes she wants another person killed for being gay, a choice you know because she says so regardless of what gay people say, but she is the real victim. I will let you go read some of this stuff.

Larry I know you do not do this crap. You have faith in a higher power. You are a decent good guy. But that is not because of your faith, it is because you are a good guy who also has a faith. But you are a rare example of that type of person. Everyone of these people doing this would claim to be true christians following the will of God. Their god. He has touched them, He has open their eyes to the fact that only one of the old testament laws need to be follow as an abomination , all the rest right there on the same page are discarded. No less than Pat Robertson said so on his TV show. Yup you can break all of them, even divorce and remarry , but that one about gay people, that has to be enforced to the fullest. Go on over to the friendly atheist and see just the headlines and you will know I and all of the decent people like yourself can not stay silent any longer. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 4, 2017 @ 18:38

• … all the rest right there on the same page are discarded.

YUP!

Comment by Nan — November 4, 2017 @ 18:48

• Scottie, you nailed it. You and I are decent people not because of beliefs but because of our values as humans. Being a believer enriches my life. Being an atheist speaks to you. It is the common thread of decency which drives us both and we need to uphold each other’s right of choice. My church is full of people like me but, our collective voice is being drowned out by the likes of Robertson. Those guys are stealing the Jesus show. What they present as morality is a circus side show. But they have the big bucks, the televangelists, and, now, the politicians on their side. True Christianity and atheism are both in for a bloody battle.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — November 4, 2017 @ 22:35

• What we ask of the modern Muslim leaders is to rise up against their hardline brothers who have the money and the media. Can we ask less of the christian sects , that the peaceful ones must show they will rise up against the hardline ones that have the media, the money, and now are taking over the government? How can it be asked of one group of religious people, but not the others. I am going to bed. Night. Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 4, 2017 @ 23:46

• I see your point and you are right. It’s something I need to discuss with my pastor. I appreciate your insight. Hugs, buddy

Comment by larrypaulbrown — November 5, 2017 @ 08:12

• Have a great sunday , hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 5, 2017 @ 09:02

• The only exception I take with your comment is that you label them as “mainstream religious people”. They are absolutely not. Mainstream Protestant religion is Lutheran, UCC, Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian. We do not accept their theology of intolerance and hatred. We do not take the scriptures as literal, inerrant or infallible. We also are appalled by the shenanigans of the right wingers. We also are struggling to preserve our ideals within the faith community. Hugs to ya buddy.

Comment by larrypaulbrown — November 4, 2017 @ 22:48

• Larry you may not think they are mainstream but they do, they are a greater majority than your group. It is like the peace minded islamic believers compared to the hardline islamic believers. There are far greater muslims that believe in the hard line aspects of their faith than those who do not . so yes not all Muslims think that people leaving the faith should be killed, just most of them. Not all muslims think gays should be thrown off the top of high buildings, but studies / polls show most of them do. Christianity is no different. There are good groups, peaceful churches, but the majority are the ones pushing hard for dominionism. I learned this word recently in my studies, it means christians who want to take over the government in the name of their faith. They are the ISIS of christianity. We often as why moderate Muslims do not stand up to the islamic preachers, the Imams, why do they not stand up and defeat the hardliners. Well why don’t the we ask the same of the peaceful christians against the mainstream ones taking over our government and spreading their views across the land? Hugs

Comment by Scottie — November 4, 2017 @ 23:44

2. I think they likely feel a common bond, a warm, tingly feeling knowing he displays all the traits they are so familiar with from their bible.

Comment by Arkenaten — November 4, 2017 @ 18:58

3. I like the photo with the comment, so very true. The thing is, every church, no matter what those who attend it or whatever doG they worship to in the building, they are all full of hypocrites. So, really not that big of a surprise to me. Of course I’m just an old sarcastic/cynical SOB.

Comment by Walter Kronkat — November 6, 2017 @ 09:41